BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 101 - 110 of 2288 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...229

Forum » Thread

Re: The only first aid kit you'll ever need
A friend's wife sells "essential oils" that cure all sorts of ills. He and I have learned to steer the conversation elsewhere when my wife (a double-board-certified MD) is present. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The only first aid kit you'll ever need
February 23, 5:29pm

Re: White Gas? Hell, let's go straight to calcium carbide!
>"What I really wanted to work on for a UL cooking system is an unpressurized stove that ran on calcium carbide." Shooting from the hip, I think you're not going to have as good...

In GEAR » Why Isn't There an UL Alcohol Type Stove that Bruns White Gas?
February 23, 5:08pm

Re: Re: Re: Why Isn't There an UL Alcohol Type Stove that Bruns White Gas?
Dan, Thanks for the link (Venom Super Stove using HEET in the "Red" bottle. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gqWJvYtcTA ). Being me, it screamed "needs a HX on the pot", bu...

February 23, 4:53pm

How many stoves is too many?
>"I think that I am on my way to developing a stove fetish now." Tony, it is only a fetish in comparison to someone with a single stove. Compared to Hiking Jim, you have only a m...

February 23, 4:46pm

Re: FS: Maps - Yosemite, Mt.Tam, Pt.Reyes, bike touring map
I'll take all of them. $13. If you'd do USPS to Alaska (same price as 48-states), I'll forward the biking map (which I don't need) to Max for $3 on the honor system. If you need ...

In Gear Swap » FS: Maps - Yosemite, Mt.Tam, Pt.Reyes, bike touring map
February 23, 1:03pm

REI credit card bennies?
Steve, What's the deal on the REI card? How much dividend per dollar purchased? I've been doing an airline-mileage card, but that plus all the flying I do, I'm often over a million...

In GEAR » REI Claus is Coming to Town!!!
February 23, 12:58pm

Re: Spring Cleaning: BA pad, titanium wood stove, shoes, some little stuff
PM sent on the EMS duffle and daypack.

In Gear Swap » Spring Cleaning: BA pad, titanium wood stove, shoes, some little stuff
February 23, 11:08am

Re: Why Isn't There an UL Alcohol Type Stove that Bruns White Gas?
Tony, I'd rephrase your Q as, "Why can't I put white gas in an alcohol-type UL stove?" Which also begs the question, "What happens if you use alcohol in a WG stove?" ...

February 23, 2:13am

Re: Re: Backup fire starter
>"almost every single SUL gear list I have looked over in the last few months had no secondary fire starters" Rick: The only way I'd bring only one fire starter is if I wasn'...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Do you carry a backup fire starter? What and Why or Why Not?
February 21, 11:08pm

Re: Do you carry a backup fire starter? What and Why or Why Not?
I carry two mini Bics in different places. Not so much because one might malfunction, but a really wet one needs to dry out first, and I am certainly capable of misplacing one and it sucks to leav...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Do you carry a backup fire starter? What and Why or Why Not?
February 20, 8:09pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.