Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 101 - 110 of 3126 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...313

Forum » Thread

I want to learn how to hike it bear country
The first thing you need to learn is to always wear little bells on your shoes to warn the bears you are coming. The next thing you need to learn is how to tell black-bear poop from grizzly-bear...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » I want to learn how to hike it bear country
May 20, 11:35pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: I want to learn how to hike it bear country
>"David, that video by Erin... Is that a Grizzly Bear or an Alaskan Coastal Brown Bear?" It's on the coast of the Alaskan Peninsula (that bit that projects out towards the Aleut...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » I want to learn how to hike it bear country
May 20, 3:45pm

Good news about those lines - better than you think.
>"My 550 lbs test line weighed 1.4 oz. The red cordage in the package weighs 0.8 oz, about half the weight" I just went into the garage and couldn't break the red nylon stuff (...

In Gear Lists » Gear List -- Grand Canyon May 2015
May 19, 12:09am

Re: Re: I want to learn how to hike it bear country
>"Only way you'll learn to have that calm when you stand one up at 10 yards is to get out in the thick of things. Having some fear is both normal and healthy, you just need to control i...

May 18, 12:58pm

Here you go.
Transient boat dock, past the Harbormaster's office, this Friday, Homer, Alaska. 24-foot aluminum custom-built with twin Honda 115s. About 10 am. We'll be out for about 3 days down the c...

May 17, 9:32pm

PLBs
>". . . my PLB, but that is something that gives my wife a lot of comfort" A PLB-shaped piece of styrofoam, carefully painted, would weigh less than an ounce. Or maybe an empty &qu...

In Gear Lists » Gear List -- Grand Canyon May 2015
May 16, 10:47pm

Re: Mangy
>"DLP bears generally make terrible rugs." In Alaska, any DLP animals as well as road-kills are the property of the State, but the shooter / driver is required to harvest the hide o...

In GEAR » Another bear attack. Should I get some spray?
May 15, 5:13pm

Re: Re: semantics
Is this a discussion among the vast multitudes of young white-trash men, with mullet haircuts, sleeping outside after midnight, by a campfire, while drunk, next the trailer while their (also mullet...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » ‘The bear hunted him': B.C. camper killed by black bear didn’t stand a chance
May 14, 8:26pm

Re: Polar Bears
An herbivore doesn't need a lot of brains to catch and eat grass and shrubs (e.g. cows). I wish moose had more brains - I'd spend less on new cars if they did, but they don't. A pre...

In GEAR » Another bear attack. Should I get some spray?
May 14, 7:58pm

Materials acquisition.
What's your daily consumption of Altoids?!?

In Gear Deals » FIRE and the 3 P's
May 14, 4:53pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.