Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 101 - 110 of 3166 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...317

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: A dear attacked my cat
> "all the outside cats eventually died from one reason or another" > Have the indoor cats discovered the key to immortality? I think I hear the ghost of Bob Gross.

In Photo Gallery » A dear attacked my cat
June 25, 1:40am

Re: Re: Rescue wives? Do I need one?
>"Ideally I'd bring David's wife with me on my next trip! Would that work?" She's a pretty good sherpa, too. With my bum ankle, I was keeping my load to about 30 pounds...

In GEAR » Personal Locator Beacons? Do I need one?
June 24, 4:17pm

Re: Thermal conductivity of metals & hot spots
>"aluminum conducts heat more rapidly AND evenly than Ti. " As Bob Gross mentioned in his response, yes, Al heats more evenly than Ti, but not more rapidly. Evenly: The greater t...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » UL winter cook kit
June 24, 4:03pm

Rescue wives? Do I need one?
"I always have my wife with me. My own built-in rescue service" "The other guy will hike out and organize a rescue" Rather than bring a wife to go get medical personnel an...

In GEAR » Personal Locator Beacons? Do I need one?
June 24, 1:44pm

Re: Dry Ramen,,
jimmer: nice to know people read what I post. I agree those flavor packets are pretty potent. If I was doing a thru hike, I'd cut a slit and extract most of the flavor packets and tape it cross...

In GEAR » Lightest, delicious and most caloric meals per ounce?
June 23, 8:12pm

Re: flame resistant cloth for low impact cook fires?
I've got a 12-inch square of fiberglass, designed for plumbers working with a torch in tight quarters. Maybe 5 ounces. But pretty thick. A lighter weight of fiberglass would be, well, lighter...

In GEAR » flame resistant cloth for low impact cook fires?
June 23, 8:00pm

Too close for comfort
"I also suspect that some people ... actually rather prefer,. . . . To ease their fear of the boogeyman." I note similar behavior on foggy roads. Drivers who drive slowly when on their...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Camping to close for comfort
June 23, 7:11pm

Ramen
Pretty calorie dense, super quick, and super-duper cheap is Top Ramen. If you don't cook it. I saw an Aussie family in NZ stop for lunch, each pull out their "2-minute noodles", and e...

June 23, 10:21am

Re: Tabouli
Just buy a box at the store - next to the pasta, in ethnic food or maybe in the health food section. Or let Amazon ship it to you. If you love it, then consider sourcing more in bulk. As a famil...

June 22, 11:09am

Re: Lightest, delicious and most caloric meals per ounce?
Tabouli with more than the called for olive oil? No cook, tasty, and hydrates for lunch as you hike in the morning. I save sturdier 8-ounce disposable water bottles for transporting the oil and...

June 22, 11:00am

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.