Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 101 - 110 of 2635 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...264

Forum » Thread

Re: Sequoia National Park in November
Oh wow, so many thoughts, experiences, (and strong feelings on this). Tire chains work well. Amazingly well, when used properly at the right times. In a way that Easterners and non-snow-coun...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Sequoia National Park in November
September 21, 11:25pm

Re: Sierra Designs
E J: If Sierra Designs isn't forthcoming on some shock cord, PM me. I've got a roll of 1/8" and a roll of 3/32" - more than I will use in many years and could send you whatever l...

In GEAR » Re-shockcording Tent Poles - What type & length of shock cord to use?
September 21, 9:51pm

Retractions
Billy: Yes, I got 1 and 2 flipped. I edited that. Jerry: Okay, now you've got me thinking carefully about what I know and what I only THINK I know. Time for for actual experimentation. I...

In GEAR » color of pack, sleeping bag,...
September 20, 12:08pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Salami
>"What modern American salami is like I don't know" There are brands of salami in the US that are transported, stored, and displayed unrefrigerated. Galileo is one. I trust th...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Salami
September 20, 10:03am

Re: Re: color of pack, sleeping bag,...
Two other theories of gear color: 1. Use really bright colors so everyone else in the valley can see you and your campsite. 2. Use muted, more natural colors so as to have less visual impact ...

In GEAR » color of pack, sleeping bag,...
September 20, 9:57am

Re: Salami
I'd feel very comfortable with cut dry salami for two weeks on the trail at moderate temps. I'd make some effort to keep it cool when easy - mostly so the cut edge didn't get that oxidi...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Salami
September 19, 11:42pm

Re: good point!
I got into with a fish&wildlife trooper one time about why I had two dip nets (a big one for slow currents and a small one) but only one permit with me. I wanted to point out that, "You h...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » secrets out...
September 19, 11:05pm

Re: higher bed
+1 on under the bed. The box springs don't really do all that much for you - I prefer a mattress only because it is a little firmer. Multiple times, I've built a plywood platform for th...

In GEAR » Efficient gear storage
September 19, 2:35pm

Re: "Making your own!!!?"
Yeah, MYOG on BPL can a little bit like lunch with Dilbert:

In GEAR » Single AA battery headlamps
September 18, 11:00pm

"Artifacts"
Yeah, you go to a place like Olduvai Gorge in Africa and the place is trashed! Littered with old stone tools, even human (well, proto-human) bones left exposed - not even properly buried! What o...

In Philosophy & Technique » LEAVE NO TRACE
September 18, 10:05am

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.