Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 101 - 110 of 2860 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...286

Forum » Thread

Ultralight water-resistant seal rigid plastic containers?
Some M&Ms in the candy aisle come in a nice, sturdy plastic tube with a flip top that seals pretty securely. I've used one to transport human remains (ashes) around the world to scatter a ...

In GEAR » Ultralight water-resistant seal rigid plastic containers?
February 04, 11:08am

Re: Glass?
Glass bottles can get a little exciting when heated unevenly. I'd suggest staying with Pyrex kitchenware or lab equipment and still heating it as uniformly as you can.

In GEAR » Small Metal Bottle?
February 04, 8:41am

Re: Small Metal Bottle?
Sigg makes aluminum water bottles down to 0.3-liter in size.

February 04, 8:29am

Re: Small Metal Bottle?
I often see metal hip flasks (4-6 ounce capacity) in discount stores. Maybe search for an aluminum version. Those 12-ounce metal beer "bottles" are a nice gauge - pretty light but quite ...

February 04, 8:18am

Re: Grocery store bags
>"grocery store plastic bags as anchors" They win for low weight and cost (if you're not going to harvest local sticks). But it's hard to be LNT when they freeze into the s...

In GEAR » Recommend me a snow anchor and attachment device
February 03, 8:55pm

Re: Bobcat Pair Courting
(Speaking as someone who's met 4 GFs and my wife on the trail), that boy has to change his game. Whenever I scratch my temple with my foot, the girl I'm chatting up loses interest. Grea...

In Photo Gallery » Bobcat Pair Courting
February 03, 8:42pm

Re: Newbie Help/Input
Jamie, Most of the gear looks good. To comment more, I'd want to know the location and date of the proposed trip. 5 miles a day is a reasonable goal. Realize that you two will be together ...

In Gear Lists » Newbie Help/Input
February 03, 8:25pm

Re: Recommend me a snow anchor and attachment device
I construct "deadman" anchors in sand or snow. Some have held thousands of pounds of force - boats against the current - when you bury a log pretty deeply. Here's a pic: But ...

In GEAR » Recommend me a snow anchor and attachment device
February 02, 11:19pm

Tape storage
Where the Venn diagram of "first aid kit" overlaps with "repair kit" is mostly tape. Gorilla tape, Leuko tape, various flavors of moleskin, padded tape, white cloth-like first-...

In GEAR » What's in YOUR first aid kit?
February 02, 4:20pm

Re: Hee, hee...
>"And to this day they never found it." So after a total of 132 years, someone will find and it will be semi-national news: "Archaeologists have found a 132-year-old rif...

In Winter Hiking » Not so UL.
February 02, 4:09pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.