BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 101 - 110 of 2377 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...238

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Wear a helmet
There are lots of things going in the Netherlands that help cyclist safety. So much of the country cycles, that motorist view cyclists as fellow humans instead of annoying hipster trash delaye...

In Post-Trip Reports » Wear a helmet!
April 15, 2:13pm

Re: Sit pad? You better be really light
>"(1) High altitude will cause it to over-inflate and go flat, so don't expect it to last for years " I've got some that I've used many times to transport frozen fish in...

In GEAR » Bubblope = Ready to go freezer bag cozy
April 15, 10:40am

Re: Re: Rifle Stock Ammo Holder
>"Target rifles are heavy for a reason. " And therein lies the difference - what kind of shots do you usually take? For black and caribou my companions are usually taking 200-300 y...

In Make Your Own Gear » Rifle Stock Ammo Holder
April 15, 10:36am

Re: Re: Lunar Eclipse Tonight
The sun just set 20 minutes ago, but the east horizon is clouding up. Might have to watch it online: http://www.ccssc.org/webcast.html

In Other Activities » Lunar Eclipse Tonight
April 14, 11:46pm

Re: Other mod
Warning: Theoretical rabbit hole ahead! Heavier guns (other things being equal) have less recoil, right? And there's some stuff you need to carry along with your gun, right? So if extr...

In Make Your Own Gear » Rifle Stock Ammo Holder
April 14, 5:45pm

When Disco was big.
I went on a bike-a-thon with a friend and she was still using her 1970's "Skid Lid" helmet. It got a lot of odd looks in the 1990's because it obviously protects your scalp more ...

April 14, 5:24pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Wear a helmet!
>"He would make a better organ donor if he didn't smoke!" Ah, but no one wanted his brain anyway, even if it hadn't been used much. A friend in the UC Berkeley Hiking Clu...

April 14, 5:20pm

Re: Bubblope = Ready to go freezer bag cozy
If you get the next size up, you can multi-purpose it as: - a cozy for keeping pots, hot-drink cups, and steeping noodles warm longer. - a mini ice chest for taking perishables on the trail f...

In GEAR » Bubblope = Ready to go freezer bag cozy
April 14, 5:15pm

Re: Re: Re: thing to consider
>"There may be some adapter available that would allow use with a backpacking canister stove." There are adaptors available. Try them out first. The one I got (it was anodized gol...

In GEAR » Liquid Fuel Consumption vs. Canister Fuel Consumption.
April 14, 2:04pm

Re: Wear a helmet!
Paul, We were in Turin for World Master's Games (my wife rows) and, yes, the hospitality was great. Thanks for the reminder about helmets (don't need a reminder in our house)* and how the...

April 14, 1:53pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.