BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 101 - 110 of 2592 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...260

Forum » Thread

Re: No Fire S'mores
Having done S'mores indoors under oven broiler, and scorched hot dogs with a Solar Death Ray, I'm going to suggest an aluminum-foil parabola focusing IR from a pot-less Jetboil to the marsh...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » No Fire S'mores
September 05, 8:17pm

And then a commercial
A dapper, graying Latin man is shown bullfighting, tango dancing, and scaling Mount Blanc. Afterwards, he faces the camera and says,

In Gear Deals » Name the Potty Trowel
September 05, 3:13pm

Re: Brunton bantam
$25 shipped is a great deal on the Brunton. PM if you want me to test my Whisperlite, but I wasn't going to go that low in price in part because of the bother of shipping it.

In Gear Swap » wtb: liquid fuel stove for winter
September 05, 2:40pm

Re: Re: Not a name but a slogan.
>"That made me laugh out loud!" I was trying to channel my inner Doug.

September 05, 2:34pm

Not a name but a slogan.
"Bring an ounce, drop a pound."

September 05, 11:30am

Re: wtb: liquid fuel stove for winter
I've got one that I haven't used in a few years. I'd want to fire it up before offering it up. If someone else has one for you, go for it, but I can probably fire it off and put it th...

In Gear Swap » wtb: liquid fuel stove for winter
September 04, 11:29pm

Re: What ARE "summer nighttime temps" where you backpack?
Kenai Peninsula, Alaska: Highs in the 60's, lows of mid-40s to low-50s in the mountains during June, July, and August. May and September are often better for trips because although you wear a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What ARE "summer nighttime temps" where you backpack?
September 04, 7:33pm

Re: Re: Location, Location, Location
Last summer - the worst for bugs in Alaska I've seen in 16 years (a 70 year old who homesteaded since age 3 had seen one year that was worse) - and we went backpacking with the kids. Thankfully...

In GEAR » I don't get why people use bug bivies.
September 03, 11:27pm

Re: Re: It's that time of year again......hunting season
>"Maybe I'm speaking out of ignorance here, but are hunters really that careless?' I was driving through Colorado one Fall and heard a radio report that 7 people had been shot on...

In Make Your Own Gear » It's that time of year again......hunting season
September 03, 8:07pm

Re: New Zealand form October to December
And, as much as some US trails are hard to get permits for, the "Great Walks" like Milford Sound or in Abel Tasman not only need reservations, but we found the hut reservations went very ...

In Gear Lists » New Zealand form October to December
September 03, 6:42pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.