BPL Community Profile

Dave Heiss (DaveHeiss) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Backpacker since 1973, started going lighter in 2003
CityCamano Island
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dave Heiss

Showing 101 - 110 of 265 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...27

Forum » Thread

Torso length
Paul, The pack is the long torso model, but I no longer have a record of what that size translated to in inches. My torso length is about 20.5", and the pack fit me well.

In Gear Swap » FS: Clearview pad, PackaFeather XL stove, Granite Gear pack, MEC vest, IKEA woodstoves, plus FREE stuff!
May 06, 9:38pm

Shipments out
John, Clint, and Roger - Your packages shipped out today. Thanks! Robert - I still haven't heard back from you regarding the IKEA woodstove you wanted. Are you not answering PM's or emai...

In Gear Swap » FS: Clearview pad, PackaFeather XL stove, Granite Gear pack, MEC vest, IKEA woodstoves, plus FREE stuff!
May 04, 12:28pm

Sales update
As of Sunday evening, the PackafeatherXL stove is sold, the MEC vest is sold, the Clearview pad is sold, and one of the IKEA woodstoves is sold pending funds. As for the free stuff, the Instaflator...

April 30, 10:31pm

Sales pending
The PackafeatherXL stove is sold, the Clearview pad and one of the IKEA woodstoves are sold pending funds. As for the free stuff, the Instaflator has been claimed.

April 29, 9:43pm

FS: Clearview pad, PackaFeather XL stove, Granite Gear pack, MEC vest, IKEA woodstoves, plus FREE stuff!
Big Agnes Clearview pad, 20”x60”x2.5” mummy style, 11oz. Slept on maybe 5-6 nights, always with a thinlight pad underneath. No leaks, no damage, in as-new condition. Includes stuff sack. $2...

April 29, 4:33pm

Handle up my friend
I have a TT Contrail and I always go handle up (TI Goat pole) when I set up the tent. I've never had the pole sink into soft ground, though if that's a problem where you hike just put the p...

In GEAR » Could someone please explain to me ...
April 06, 9:48am

Exped Synmat UL 7
I just bought one (the "S" size) and it looks very promising. The fabric is more robust than the original NeoAir, and I don't think any extra ground protection will be necessary. The ...

In GEAR » Synmat UL7?
April 01, 6:10pm

Ursack's are great
+1 for the Ursack. No hanging necessary, no worries.

In GEAR » Food Bag Recommendations?
March 30, 2:22pm

Happy ending
Will has finally found his Fugu. Dave - I got the jacket today. It is wonderful. I can't wait for winter now. Of course that means I no longer have one, but that's OK. I wasn't u...

In Gear Swap » WTB: New Balance Fugu Down Jacket!
March 28, 11:10am

Sleeping pad and alcohol stove for consideration
I've got a few UL items you might be interested in. I was going to eventually post them as part of a larger assortment, but these two might be good for you now. Big Agnes Clearview pad, 20...

In Gear Swap » WTB- Basically everything but a pack and clothes
March 25, 6:36pm

All Reader Reviews by Dave Heiss

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Versalite
Andrea - I'm looking forward to your opinions on the Versalite 50. I've still got that pack on my short list, and hope you can provide some input on its comfort and functionality. My only conc...

In Backpacks - External Frame
August 13, 5:37pm

02 Rainwear Rain Suit
I also have an O2 Rainwear suit. I picked up a pair a few years ago and have been really happy with the performance, but I still wince at the screaming yellow color every time I put them on. It is def...

In Clothing - Raingear
March 26, 11:34am