BPL Community Profile

Chris Lucas (ChemE) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SC
About Me Chris Lucas has not added a biography yet.
CityColumbia
StateSC
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListSUL 3-Season Full Comfort

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris Lucas

Showing 101 - 110 of 256 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...26

Forum » Thread

ZPacks Rocks
Can't say enough good things about Joe. Solid guy that does quality work and offers us what others can't or won't.

In GEAR » Anyone doing business with ZPacks?
June 09, 8:52pm

Re: NB Minimus
...I would be really interested to hear your thoughts of hikingwith your NB minimus. Did it take long time to transfer from regular trail runners. Do you run and / or hike with them? I've w...

In GEAR » Putting the NB Minimus Trail on a Diet
June 09, 8:44am

I'm sure I won't
But 3.3 grams is 3.3 grams noticed or not. Not a bad idea on the dyneema. My AirCore1 would be an unmitigated disaster but I wonder if Joe's cord would work well. These laces are actually pr...

June 08, 8:03pm

Putting the NB Minimus Trail on a Diet
It seems our good friends at New Balance just could help but load some superfluous stuff and weight back onto an otherwise very well designed shoe. Most prominently, those big goofy N's have b...

June 08, 4:43pm

Tim - what size?
Do you use the size 14 snaps or larger on your quilts? The snaps on my quilts seem very robust and perhaps a tad large/heavy. I'd be interested in going down a size if you're not already ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Plastic Snap tool
March 16, 6:10am

DryLine from Black Rock Gear?
I'm not even sure that they are willing to sell fabric by the yard but you might send the good folks at Black Rock Gear an email to see if they would make some DryLine available to you.

In Make Your Own Gear » Equivalent Fabric to DriClime? Bag/Quilt Liner
March 10, 5:48am

Please Take It to Chaff!
I believe the first hijack moved here. Just walked my first two miles in mine (sans sock) and they felt pretty great. I definitely appreciate the ample width of the toe box. My feet didn't...

In GEAR » Who Else Has Ordered NB Minimus Trails?
March 05, 3:18pm

Mens' 8.5 = 391 grams
The box just landed on my front porch so I've only weighed them and tried them on but here are initial impressions: Weight (left/right): 192g/199g - surprised to find a seven gram difference...

March 05, 12:00pm

Agreed
I really wanted to talk about the shoes that I've been so excited over. While I find the social implications of my purchase interesting and worthy of consideration, thread jacking is considere...

March 03, 4:11pm

Injinji
I purposely went half a size large on my recently ordered NB Minimus Trails so that I could use my favorite sock, the Injinji Performance Micro http://www.injinji.com/tetratsok/p_micro.htm At 1.15...

In GEAR » Socks for minimalist trail shoes
March 03, 4:59am

All Reader Reviews by Chris Lucas

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
So Santa brought me a men's small for Christmas. The fit for me is perfect. I'm 5'6" 130 pounds and typically wear a 14.5 32-33 dress shirt. I have full range of motion in this siz...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 25, 3:16pm

Patagonia Capilene 1 T-Shirt
Men's Size small: 114 grams Dries completely in a few hours and is very soft and comfortable. Of course, since it is synthetic it stinks to high heaven after two days of light use.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
June 12, 9:39am