Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
CountryUnited States
My Website URL

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 101 - 110 of 2294 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...230

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Water
I think human pollution of the water is the concern not that we'll drink it all up. Agreed the water in most springs is nasty anyway. The only reliable water there is in the Canyon and the tr...

In Editor's Roundtable » Weekend Wanderings in West Texas: Photo Essay
February 11, 2:53pm

Re: Big Bend
Thanks I have been exploring Big Bend a bit lately. Its a bit farther for a weekend trip but amazing enough to justify the drive.

In Editor's Roundtable » Weekend Wanderings in West Texas: Photo Essay
February 10, 9:25pm

Re: oh rain paints, do i really need you?
I go back and forth on the rainpant issue. In warm weather I just hike in shorts and let them get wet. But if its cold and windy I like something on my legs. My experience has been that cold leg...

In GEAR » Rain Pants Colorado Trail
February 08, 9:51am

Re: Re hipbelt
Okay got it. I don't know what is wrong with sewing the webbing to triangles and putting them in the side seam. HMG does it and their packs carry weight fine. Actually if you want to build a...

In Make Your Own Gear » Connecting hip belt to back of pack
February 08, 9:45am

Re: Connecting hip belt to back of pack
First it would help to know what kind of pack you are making. A SUL pack to carry 15 pounds is way different then a pack to carry 35. Personally I think you are making it too complicated for ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Connecting hip belt to back of pack
February 08, 9:10am

Re: Off Trail Hiking in East Tennessee
Go before the poison ivy comes out. "Frowned upon" does not necessarily mean illegal. It should be okay in most wilderness area and NF land. One problem is in a dense forest there isn&...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Off Trail Hiking in East Tennessee
February 07, 11:54am

Flows etc.
Dave is in New Zealand last I heard. So until he gets back I see what I can do to help out. First Dave has a lot of flow information on his "Crown of the Continent" guide. You can c...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Bob Marshall Packraft (Looking for Dave Chenault)
February 04, 6:44pm

Be Careful of CA Laws
Hey guys just be aware CA laws on anything semiautomatic are rather strict. Make sure you aren't breaking them if you bring it to CA.

In Gear Swap » FS: Survival rifle: Armalite Explorer AR-7
February 04, 9:29am

Re: Re: Re: Solar Charger?
Thanks for the link Rick the comparisons are very nice. Right now I have a GoPro and a regular camera. I have 3 batteries for each camera. That is enough for normal trips but I hope to do a 10-...

In GEAR » Solar Charger?
February 02, 9:29pm

Try it when she's tired
Is she afraid of sitting in the dark around a campfire? If she can stay up late with friends after a long day of hiking she should drop off a lot faster then if she goes to bed early and not tired.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Fear of sleeping outside?
January 29, 8:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.