BPL Community Profile

Zorg Zumo (BurnNotice) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Zorg Zumo hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Zorg Zumo has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Zorg Zumo

Showing 101 - 110 of 219 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Forum » Thread

No magic under canopy
Spot works as well under canopy as any sat phone - terrible. Don't be fooled by the non-think of the 'i hate spot irrationally' crowd. Neither spot or plbs or inreach or sat phones work...

In GEAR » Experiences with satellite phones?
September 06, 2:48pm

Re: Claims
I think your interpretation is spot on. A common Chinese misdirection is to list a very optimistic light output (how did they measure this anyway?) and then follow that with a misleading run-time. ...

In GEAR » 1oz 40lumen headlamp
September 04, 12:41pm

The gram-weenie crowd considers Saranwrap a "pad"
There's no magic I'm aware of that will make the R-value of a 1/4" evazote pad equal the R-value of 1/2" thick Walmart Blue foam pad. So it helps to bear in mind that sleep comfor...

In GEAR » favorite UL closed cell pad?
August 28, 12:22pm

Re: Re: Re: Latest, Lightest Solar Charges?
Perhaps that is because you don't understand the usage model: Deliver a lot of juice when you need it and then slowly recharge during the day when you don't.

In GEAR » Latest, Lightest Solar Charges?
August 28, 12:14pm

Re: Latest, Lightest Solar Charges?
I used a Brunton Ember on my last trip. Charged my phone very fast. Weighs 142gm. Major downside is that it lacks any attachment points. It would be nice to have it on my pack charging while I'...

In GEAR » Latest, Lightest Solar Charges?
August 24, 9:19am

Re: Carry in Alaska
Good for you Dena! I would much rather encounter a lady with a handgun than a lady with a Rottweiler - the handgun won't decide by itself to attack me!

In GEAR » Warding off black bears, what has worked for you??
August 22, 7:09pm

Re: Re: blackies
Oops! I guess I didn't realize you and your friends jogged with black bears in suburbia - which was the subject. BTW, pepper spray, Zen, firearms, etc. are all security blankets. And a secur...

August 20, 8:10pm

Re: Re: Predatory behavior is a reality - some folks won't believe it
The subject is jogging with black bears in the lower 48. Not sure the relevance of the "Alaskan perspective". Black bear populations have risen dramatically over the last 30 years and ...

August 20, 6:14pm

Predatory behavior is a reality - some folks won't believe it
Lots of folks have been taught (incorrectly I might add) that Black bears are less dangerous than Grizzlies. And folks have been taught that "the bear is more afraid of you than you are of him...

August 20, 11:28am

Re: Re: Not the best designed App - some basic problems
If something doesn't work as expected - what do you do? Have you ever had that happen when you are offline? Offline help is simply a very, very, very basic feature for a truly "backcountry...

In GEAR » best app for navigation/GPS for a smart phone
August 19, 2:48pm

All Reader Reviews by Zorg Zumo

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Optimus/Primus? Svea 123R
It is the same weight as other white gas stoves, but with fewer moving parts. It is inherently more reliable over a very long history. It is very fuel efficient and the maximum heat output and flame a...

In Stoves - White Gas
May 23, 3:19pm