BPL Community Profile

John Coyle (Bigsac) - BPL Guest

My Locale NorCal
About Me John Coyle has not added a biography yet.
CitySacramento
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Coyle

Showing 101 - 110 of 214 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Forum » Thread

Nice Backpacking Underwear
Excuse me GearBuyer, but that price comparison was not part of my original post and I think that is unethical.

In GEAR » Nice Backpacking Underwear From Wal-Mart
October 07, 9:25am

Nice Backpacking Underwear From Wal-Mart
I am a fan of boxer briefs, especially for backpacking, and I found a good deal at Wal-Mart. I don't want to get into the political ramifications of buying from Wal-Mart on this post, but let&...

In GEAR » Nice Backpacking Underwear From Wal-Mart
October 07, 7:37am

Bear Spray Worked
I think it's interesting that in the youtube from Ultra, it was the noise of the gun that stopped the charge, not the bullet, which landed in front of the bear. It makes me wonder if those por...

In GEAR » Bear spray worked
September 30, 1:28pm

Vango Helium Superlite 200 Tent Review
The quality control issues of the inner tent are unacceptable in any backpacking tent, let alone one so expensive at $440 American. I see none of that on my new SMD Trekker at $225 American.

In Editor's Roundtable » Vango Helium Superlite 200 Tent Review
September 29, 12:45pm

Lightweight Integrated Canister Fuel Cooking Systems
Articles like this are why I have a subscription to BPL. Good job Will and Janet. I bought the original JetBoil when they first came out. I found it fast, wind resistant and efficient, but a l...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Integrated Canister Fuel Cooking Systems State of the Market Report 2011: Part 1 – Overview and Performance Evaluation
September 21, 9:50am

New Zebralights
I've been thinking about getting the H600 or another similar Zebralight. I like the simplicity of having just one AA battery. Can it be dialed down enough to read without going snow blind fro...

In GEAR » New Zebralights
September 20, 7:32am

Caldera Cone
Bob I am talking about the kind of alcohol stove that has no pot stand, sometimes called a side jet, where the pot sits directly on the stove. About a month ago I was using this type of stove and ...

In GEAR » Caldera Cone Ti Tri with MSR Titan Kettle
September 15, 2:17pm

Caldera Cone Ti Tri wiht the MSR Titan Kettle
In my opinion the Caldera Cone Sidewinder for the .9L Evernew/REI pot is the best system ever for backpacking. The titanium cone is expensive, but is more durable and just a nicer material for a ...

In GEAR » Caldera Cone Ti Tri with MSR Titan Kettle
September 15, 10:34am

Guidlines for Grizzly Country
Here you go. Just sing this song loudly in Yellowstone and the bears will run the other way, at least the way I sing! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtgXus3eiII

In Editor's Roundtable » Guidelines for Grizzly Country
September 14, 10:43am

Guidlines for Grizzly Country
My girlfriend and I did a car camping/dayhiking trip to the Tetons and Yellowstone this summer in mid-July. We were a little apprehensive because a day hiker had been killed a week before on the W...

In Editor's Roundtable » Guidelines for Grizzly Country
September 14, 10:32am

All Reader Reviews by John Coyle

John Coyle has posted no reviews.