BPL Community Profile

Barry P (BarryP) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Eastern Idaho (moved from Midwest)
About Me Electrical Engineer by trade. Hobbies include recumbent bike riding, magic, piano, music compostion and of course backpacking.

Backpack monthly with scouts or other small group. Love the exercise and alertness it brings. Ray Way caught my eye in 2001. My load lightened. Because of that, able to go faster, farther, AND still smell the roses. Love the lightweight insight on this forum. I'm also a Teva sandal backpacker. My feet love them.
StateID
My PDF Gear ListBarry's Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Barry P

Showing 101 - 110 of 346 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...35

Forum » Thread

Re: Synthetic Puffy vs Fleece: To me the fleece still wins
Stephen and Doug – those are good finds. I didn’t know Eddie Bauer made such a nice jacket; I’ll have to check them out. Thanx. “Until there a synthetic puffy that insulates while compre...

In GEAR » Fleece reconsidered
April 10, 1:01pm

Re: Fleece reconsidered
Just to add a little bit more to my post above, I’m also a heavy sweater since my clothes become stained white form sweat surfs- any time of the year. So I know how fleece is much appreciated for...

April 10, 8:36am

Re: Fleece reconsidered
I’ve never had the problem of my softshell not breathing. I’ve enjoyed the 11oz Montbell Action Thermawrap. It’s lighter than a midweight fleece, warmer than a midweight fleece, compacts more...

April 09, 5:24pm

Re: Ultra Light Bear Canister
There’s a lot of info on this thread. So this is what I got out of it: -Barry

In GEAR » Ultra Light Bear Canister
April 05, 2:56pm

Re: 72x23
"The Klymit Static V measures 23x72, but is not a winter pad." Yep. It appears to be 1 season. But at 25oz, there's the klymit pad with R= 4.4 see http://www.klymit.com/index.php/...

In GEAR » Medium-wide inflatable pads?
April 04, 11:23am

Re: Alcohol Storage Container - GoGo Squeez?
That is a neat bottle. I wish it was clear. I like to quickly see how much fuel is left. -Barry

In GEAR » Alcohol Storage Container - GoGo Squeez?
April 04, 10:50am

CR2032 Re: Re: Re: Princeton Tec "garantee"
"Do you have a cheap source for Cr2032 batteries?" I've got them at Sam's club for $6/for 6. And at Family Tree they sell them for $1/ for 2. Plus at Family Tree I get my alkal...

In GEAR » Input on new headlamp?
April 03, 1:19pm

Re: Enlightened Equipment vs Jacks R Better - advice please
I have the Stealth; Got it in 2008, used it for a year, and then my kids claimed it. They love it. Kept me easily warm to 45F with thin long johns. Mine weighs 16oz. Mine does cinch around the sho...

In GEAR » Enlightened Equipment vs Jacks R Better - advice please
April 02, 3:55pm

Re: Torso Length Pad Users - How do you deal with a soaked backpack?
Since I use a Murmur or Mariposa, I have a GG SitLight pad as a frame. My pack doesn’t get too wet since I use a combo of cheap poncho and strong GoLite umbrella. The small SitLight pad with bump...

In GEAR » Torso Length Pad Users - How do you deal with a soaked backpack?
March 19, 1:35pm

Re: Hydration bladders... out of fashion?
I use a steripen opti. My zapping container is a 1L wide-mouth soft Nalgene. I can stir easily with that. I didn’t want to use a cut-off platy/Nalgene because I still like the lid on it. When fil...

In GEAR » Hydration bladders... out of fashion?
March 19, 1:26pm

All Reader Reviews by Barry P

Barry P has posted no reviews.