Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nathan Watts (7sport) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Nathan Watts hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Nathan Watts has not added a biography yet.
StateMA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nathan Watts

Showing 101 - 110 of 717 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...72

Forum » Thread

Re: The Classic
"Sounds like a New Balance MT-10" Interesting observation Max. My MT10's exhibited none of those characteristics you listed other than the low drop. In fact mine were quite the op...

In GEAR » Oh no... Another shoe question!
July 31, 4:31pm

Re: Good news...
Nick, It must be made from cheddar cheese, right?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » When Rain Gear Wets Out ??
July 30, 2:31pm

Re: Wetting Out
Mark, It seems like you don't really understand what you're trying to lecture us on. When a jacket wets out it is no longer able to pass water vapor from inside, through the membrane...

July 30, 1:48pm

Re: Best ultralight shoes with solomon lacing?
As far as I know, their lightest shoes are the Salomon S-Lab Sense, followed by the Sense Ultra. Either would work fine for backpacking. There's a newer lighter version hitting the stores right...

In GEAR » Best ultralight shoes with solomon lacing?
July 30, 6:30am

Re: Re: When Rain Gear Wets Out ??
Mark, I think your physics are wrong. The DWR doesn't change the waterproofness (and my English is clearly wrong) of the membrane.

July 29, 8:33pm

Re: F-Lite
Yes I really like them for hiking. They're very light and flexible and the rubber is the stickiest I've come across. The less aggressive tread pattern and high flexibility of the sole give...

In GEAR » "Normal" looking minimalist trail runner
July 29, 3:12pm

Re: Re: Re: big fan of my trail gloves
"Nathan, I'm not a stout minimalist–– I actually love the rock plate in my Vibram FF Spyridons for hiking. I found the KSO and Bikila lacking sufficient protection for me when hiking o...

July 29, 2:13pm

Re: big fan of my trail gloves
Someone above mentioned the Trail Gloves have a rock guard in them. That would seem to fly in the face of the minimalist shoe the OP is looking for. I've never used Trail Gloves though, so I...

July 29, 1:01pm

Re: Rain Shell for a Spring in Patagonia
Will you have an opportunity to wash the jacket from time to time? I think eVent membranes tend to lose performance faster than Gore-Tex ones when they get dirty. How about re-application of D...

In GEAR » Rain Shell for a Spring in Patagonia
July 29, 10:25am

Re: Ideal jacket fill weight for 850 and 900 down for summer backpacking.
I use a Mont-Bell Ex-Light. The MFG specs say it has 1.8oz of 900FP down for my size medium. Keep in mind that this doesn't have a hood. I had Ben at GooseFeet make me a vest with 2oz of ...

In GEAR » Ideal jacket fill weight for 850 and 900 down for summer backpacking.
July 29, 10:15am

All Reader Reviews by Nathan Watts

Nathan Watts has posted no reviews.