BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 101 - 110 of 10370 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...1037

Forum » Thread

Re: thanks for the replies
Once you figure out how many lumens of intensity you need, you can start to make progress toward a selection. Around camp, you generally don't need more than 10 lumens. For hiking along a mo...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » What headlamp do you use?
April 08, 11:16pm

Re: What headlamp do you use?
It uses CR2032 batteries, and they won't give you a lot of power. If you know how bright of a light you need, like in lumens, then you can get better advice. I think a lot of us here end up ...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » What headlamp do you use?
April 08, 10:02pm

I guess you know
I guess you know that the Jetboil Sol Ti is not a general purpose stove. It is a water boiler only. --B.G.--

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Need BPL's help with fondue
April 08, 8:59pm

Re: Evolution Valley Loop - question about route
"are you saying that you will enter at Florence Lake and exit at South Lake?" He stated that he would enter and exit at Muir Trail Ranch (Florence Lake). --B.G.--

In Pre-Trip Planning » Evolution Valley Loop - question about route
April 08, 1:12pm

Re: Re: Re: Timely Tip Too
"Now there is no way anyone will confuse the green liquid for potable water." Except that while the dyed liquid is inside the container, you can't see any color. Some people will t...

In Multiple Use Gear » Kid's sauce packets = UL containers
April 07, 11:43pm

Re: Re: Re: Why the SE is locked on during an SOS
"It's sad to read of someone ordering some sophisticated piece of gear to be used on a big trip into the middle of nowhere starting the next day. That's learning the hard way." ...

In GEAR » DeLorme inReach SE announced, ships mid to late April
April 07, 11:41pm

Re: Why the SE is locked on during an SOS
Jim, first of all, I didn't complain. Somebody had noted that once the SOS was sent, their device could not be easily shut down. I think that on a different event, somebody had opened up the...

In GEAR » DeLorme inReach SE announced, ships mid to late April
April 07, 10:02pm

Re: Re: My head hurts
I agree, look for lenses first. Over a long period of time, your investment in good lenses will prove better than the investment in camera bodies. A good camera body may be semi-obsolete after seve...

In Photography » Whats the opinion on micro 4/3s
April 07, 9:43pm

Re: MYOG shoulder straps
You might want to clarify what you mean. Most shoulder straps are adjustable for length by a sliding buckle in the bottom front. A very few are adjustable for the horizontal separation on a frame. ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG shoulder straps
April 07, 4:57pm

Re: The Alcohol Stove “Efficiency Percentage” Test Thread
Now I am going to throw you a curve ball. The air pressure at 20,000 feet is not necessarily equal to the air pressure at 20,000 feet. Anybody who climbs Mount McKinley finds this out. The ai...

In Make Your Own Gear » The Alcohol Stove “Efficiency Percentage” Test Thread
April 06, 5:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.