BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 101 - 110 of 11456 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...1146

Forum » Thread

Re: keeping your head dry
In the winter, cross country skiers tend to generate a lot of heat while they are moving, so heads can get very sweaty if their hats are too warm. Of course, if a cold wind is blowing, you will wan...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » keeping your head dry
October 02, 5:29pm

Re: Desperate for dry socks?
According to reputation, this displays the difference between men and women. When out in the backcountry, a man looks forward to a dry pair of socks. A woman looks forward to a clean pair of socks....

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Desperate for dry socks?
October 02, 5:17pm

Re: Re: Ontake
"Mammoth I believe in Sierras, although mostly they're not volcanic." Mammoth is most certainly volcanic, and it has active fumaroles. Well, for that matter, Shasta and Lassen have...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ontake
October 02, 1:58pm

Re: FREE - steel wire sections for pot bails
I used 0.030" SS wire for a small pot bail. Since it is smaller and more flexible, I was able to curl the cut ends around and tie them. Since they are more flexible, they fold up better inside...

In Gear Swap » FREE - steel wire sections for pot bails
October 02, 12:33am

Re: re: Don't do as I do
"empty a can of expired bear pepper spray off the patio into some safe bushes. Then the breeze shifted... man, I was completely incapacitated for over 15 minutes, couldn't see, and my eyes...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Don't do as I do
October 01, 5:57pm

Don't do as I do
October through March is the season when I dehydrate food in preparation for the following backpacking season. As I was passing through the grocery store, I saw a sale on red bell peppers, so I bou...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Don't do as I do
October 01, 5:07pm

Re: "Failing #3 Zippers?"
Somebody will have to figure out how to manufacture zippers out of titanium. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Failing #3 Zippers?
October 01, 4:08pm

Re: re:warning abou filters
"the filter goes in the footbox under my feet, along with anything else I don't want frozen." The filter goes in there next to my camera, my butane cartridge, my water bottle, and ...

In Gear Lists » 4-season gear list for the Southeastern US
October 01, 3:01pm

Re: Lost & Found on the trail
F) I find tent stakes in old campsites, probably about two per season. Take 'em. G) I find small coins in old campsites. Take 'em. H) I find objects of marginal value, like three feet of ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Lost & Found on the trail
October 01, 12:17am

Re: My trail runners mesh wears out before my souls
I would think that it is soles, not souls. I don't think that the mesh wear is a defect. I think it is more an issue of fit and how your foot flexes within the shoe. In other words, if you w...

In GEAR » My trail runners mesh wears out before my souls
September 30, 7:48pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.