BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 101 - 110 of 10329 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...1033

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Balancing the sky and landscape for vivid colors on both
What Sharon suggested is good. Note that you will get best results with exposure bracketing if you use a tripod to get the camera stable. If you wiggle it between shots, not so nice. This is import...

In Photography » Balancing the sky and landscape for vivid colors on both
April 02, 4:53pm

Re: nutrition on the pct
Whatever it is that you decide, you better test out in the time before you start. Although there are standard guidelines, everybody's body is a little different. Also, you don't know what y...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » nutrition on the pct
April 02, 4:42pm

Re: hole..
You better hope that your tent poles are made out of metal and not out of carbon fiber. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bear can misery
April 02, 3:40pm

Re: Aconcagua
I think what I am suggesting is that if you really need a guide, then hire a good guide, but if you really don't want or need a guide, then go do it yourself. I've seen a few guides on high...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » How to start mountaineering?
April 02, 3:39pm

Re: Hanging on the face of a cliff with one arm busted up
"PLB, SPOT and InReach will all get an SOS signal out from under canopy, but they might not be able to get a GPS fix - so the SOS message might not have coordinates with it." I was ask...

In GEAR » PLB use
April 02, 2:33pm

Re: Trail camp
Why do people camp at Trail Camp? Because it is the last (highest) place to camp on the way going up the Mount Whitney Trail. There is a large pond of water. However, most of the rocky tent spots a...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Whitney zone #2
April 02, 1:00pm

Re: Several days food!
I don't know if that would work. Food preference is a very individual thing. You would need to have a long discussion with any service that was going to select your food. --B.G.--

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Several days food!
April 02, 12:55pm

Re: Re: Re: Guided trips
The mountain was Aconcagua in January 1996. We spoke to the park rangers right after we came down to base camp, and they were surprised that we were as successful as we were. The guided groups g...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » How to start mountaineering?
April 02, 12:50pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Idiot question...
Solar charge controllers do different things, depending on the model. In general, they control the solar charging to the battery. What does that mean? If the battery already has a high voltag...

In GEAR » Battery charger pack specs comparison!
April 02, 1:02am

Re: Lightweight Sleeping Bag 14.99 shipped
"This bag measures 85 inches tall and 31 inches wide and will keep you comfortable in temperatures 60 degrees and up." Good Grief! A mens t-shirt would keep you that comfortable. --...

In Gear Deals » Lightweight Sleeping Bag 14.99 shipped
April 02, 12:44am

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.