Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 101 - 110 of 11760 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...1176

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: UL winter cook kit
"I'm curious to your winter gear list" I do not have any general gear list for winter. Each winter trip that I do has too many factors. For one thing, I do not try to go ultralight...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » UL winter cook kit
December 04, 9:43pm

Re: Re: Re: Comparing Fire Maple Hornet to BRS-3000T
"put the canister on a good scale" Ahhh, while the stove is burning. But what would be the fun in that? --B.G.--

In GEAR » 25gram canister stove? Brs-3000t. Is this the new lightest canister stove?
December 04, 8:29pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dave C, is this why you want to move biking to the JMT
Tom, just draft him. It would be a lot easier. --B.G.--

In Philosophy & Technique » The inevitable bike legalization of the JMT
December 04, 7:22pm

Re: Comparing Fire Maple Hornet to BRS-3000T
Some high-tech stove manufacturer needs to get on the ball and introduce a fuel economy gauge onto the fuel tube of some stove. A liquid fuel would be easier, but a gaseous fuel might be possible. ...

In GEAR » 25gram canister stove? Brs-3000t. Is this the new lightest canister stove?
December 04, 7:21pm

Re: UL winter cook kit
"Couldn't I use t-lights to melt snow?" Tea light candles could melt snow, but you might need to carry dozens per day. Tea lights are not very powerful, and you need some serious h...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » UL winter cook kit
December 04, 7:15pm

Re: Canister stove testing standards
"I'm not aware of canister stove testing standards, although it would allow easier comparison of results." Exactly. If you intend to test and publish results on every stove ther...

December 04, 6:05pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Dave C, is this why you want to move biking to the JMT
Tom, I think it would be easier if you just get Dave nominated for the Supreme Court. --B.G.--

In Philosophy & Technique » The inevitable bike legalization of the JMT
December 04, 5:19pm

Re: BRS-3000T vs. Fire Maple Hornet test results
It seems to me that the standard water volume is always either 500ml or else 16 fluid ounces, not 300ml. --B.G.--

December 04, 4:29pm

Re: Spits Fuel
Dan, now you need to submit that burner to the Forest Service and see if they find it acceptable in certain forests when the forest fire danger is high. In some cases, they have a real problem with...

In GEAR » Ever wonder why there isn't an aluminum Trangia alcohol burner?
December 04, 1:51pm

Re: re: winter
"Eating snow is a bad idea - takes too much energy for the body to melt ice. That hastens hypothermia." There is an exception to this. If it is a warm winter day and you are not carryi...

In Winter Hiking » Hiking in the Snow for Beginners.
December 04, 12:33pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.