Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 101 - 110 of 12518 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...1252

Forum » Thread

Re: Bob
This is where your philosophy of ultralightweight backpacking gets important. You are looking for a heavier backpack in order to accommodate the weight that you expect to carry. The opposite ...

In GEAR » Good lightweight pack for about 30lb?
March 26, 11:47pm

Re: Re: Re: Long-term water usage in California
" (many more miles of gray water pipe and each mile harder and more expensive under existing streets and parking lots, etc.) " Or, maybe not. You have to start somewhere. I live in a m...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sierra Snowpack 2015
March 26, 11:44pm

Re: Re: Re: Model Blast
Matthew, it is kind of a moot point. The Blast is discontinued. --B.G.--

March 26, 11:35pm

Re: Model Blast
Matthew, if you don't like the looks of the Arc Blast, then you probably won't like the looks of the Blast, either. The Blast has a weight somewhat under 15 ounces. I think the Arc Blast...

March 26, 10:26pm

Re: Re: Hacking Wool Slacks?
Warning here. If you wash the wool improperly, it will shrink. That can get the fit problematic for length and for waist. Or, suppose that your waistline changes a lot. --B.G.--

In Multiple Use Gear » Hacking Wool Slacks?
March 26, 9:21pm

Re: Good lightweight pack for about 30lb?
I use a Zpacks model Blast, 57L volume. It has enough volume, but not too much more. That model was discontinued, I believe. Zpacks once told me that it was plenty good for 30 pounds, but that for ...

March 26, 9:18pm

Re: Good lightweight pack for about 30lb?
"My base weight is around 10-12lb, but I carry around another 10 pounds of camera equipment + food." How much of the camera gear weight is hanging around your neck? How much total load...

March 26, 8:58pm

Re: Re: Re: Weight of a 50x90 Tyvek Groundsheet?
If you are a gram wienie, you can shift over to a cuben fiber groundsheet to save weight (at a big cost). I think my groundsheet weighs less than 3 ounces. Money is no object! Don't think ab...

In GEAR » Weight of a 50x90 Tyvek Groundsheet?
March 26, 8:25pm

Re: Re: To Rain Jacket ... or ... Not to Rain Jacket
I used to think that many parts of California could go from May until October with virtually no measurable rainfall. Then, just when I head up to the Sierra Nevada for a little backpacking trip, th...

In Philosophy & Technique » To Rain Jacket ... or ... Not to Rain Jacket
March 26, 8:04pm

Re: Re: Re: Never stand on end
"BG, worse than that...it will usher in the "Millenium" " Dan, I'm afraid that horse is already out of the barn. I haven't tried this in a long time, but I always ...

In Gear Deals » Esbit Burner
March 26, 7:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.