BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 101 - 110 of 11448 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...1145

Forum » Thread

Re: Lost & Found on the trail
F) I find tent stakes in old campsites, probably about two per season. Take 'em. G) I find small coins in old campsites. Take 'em. H) I find objects of marginal value, like three feet of ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Lost & Found on the trail
October 01, 12:17am

Re: My trail runners mesh wears out before my souls
I would think that it is soles, not souls. I don't think that the mesh wear is a defect. I think it is more an issue of fit and how your foot flexes within the shoe. In other words, if you w...

In GEAR » My trail runners mesh wears out before my souls
September 30, 7:48pm

Re: Recommendation for a titanium cup?
Does it need to be titanium? I use titanium stuff anywhere that flames will be on it. However, for eating and drinking, I find ordinary plastic bowls to be the best. Plus, they are lighter than ...

In GEAR » Recommendation for a titanium cup?
September 30, 2:59pm

Re: Tent take 2. Not happy with Solplex, next option?
You might get better suggestions if you described how much room you need. For example, a person six feet tall might state that they require seven feet of interior length and four feet of width. ...

In GEAR » Tent take 2. Not happy with Solplex, next option?
September 29, 1:07am

Re: Re: Tincture of iodine
"its own kinda bitter taste" Because it is not drinking alcohol. --B.G.--

In GEAR » liquid iodine?
September 28, 7:03pm

Re: Tincture of iodine
"I don't particularly like the taste of iodine." You mean iodine in an alcohol solution. --B.G.--

In GEAR » liquid iodine?
September 28, 6:18pm

Re: Re: Re: Is the SVEA 123 still a viable stove option for winter?
"a small piece of 1/8" / 3mm plywood" Another alternative is Masonite in this thickness. If you want to make the Masonite virtually fireproof, then cover it with aluminum foil. Th...

In GEAR » Is the SVEA 123 still a viable stove option for winter?
September 28, 5:43pm

Re: Iodine
Iodine fumes have a very corrosive effect on steel. Yes, I think a lot of us used iodine for water treatment back in the old days. You start thinking about these things once you've seen a th...

In GEAR » liquid iodine?
September 28, 3:36pm

Re: Iodine, inexpensive but...
"people with thyroid problems, those with known hypersensitivity to iodine" Somes a backpacker will not know that they have a thyroid problem or hypersensitivity to iodine. That gets w...

In GEAR » liquid iodine?
September 28, 3:22pm

Re: iodine drops
"5 drops in 1L of water" Five drops of what, exactly? --B.G.--

In GEAR » liquid iodine?
September 27, 10:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.