Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Guest

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
My Website URL

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 101 - 110 of 12816 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...1282

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: "Light Phone" - New phone that does nothing by design
Next, they should have something like the Light Phone, but make it solar powered. Little solar panels on the surface could keep it charged up forever. You would need to lay it out in the sun once i...

In GEAR » "Light Phone" - New phone that does nothing by design
May 23, 3:15pm

Re: high cushion shoes...trail opinions?
Jennifer, you could try some nice platform style trail runners. --B.G.--

In GEAR » high cushion shoes...trail opinions?
May 23, 1:53pm

Re: High sierra trail to whitney - gear list
Several of your items appear to be something for two or three people, but your list is summed up for only one person. Are you carrying the wilderness permit for the group? You could take the...

In Gear Lists » High sierra trail to whitney - gear list
May 23, 1:01am

Re: iPhone?
"If driving is your thing, chances are that you don't drive a Corolla, however for many a Corolla is good enough." My car is a bicycle. --B.G.--

In Photography » iPhone?
May 22, 8:56pm

Re: iPhone?
"Does the dedicated digital camera offer any advantages over an iPhone 5s to warrant bringing it?" If you hope for wildlife photography, yes, a tremendous amount. --B.G.--

In Photography » iPhone?
May 22, 8:07pm

Re: Solar adventures
"bloody expensive. Like $40+ per watt expensive." Good Grief! For over 15 years now, my cost goal for any sort of solar panel has been no more than $10 per watt, and ideally $5 per ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Experiments in ultralight solar
May 22, 8:05pm

Re: WM Megalite
A Megalite is rated for +30*F. How is it going to keep anybody warm to -20*F? --B.G.--

In GEAR » Best lightweight sleeping bag for minus 10c
May 21, 1:45pm

Re: Glove system advice
I led up and down Shasta a lot, so I figured out what was best for me. I was on cross country skis for the bottom half of the mountain, so I needed something between thin and medium to prevent sunb...

In GEAR » Glove system advice
May 21, 12:47am

Re: inReach Explorer as GPS
"It also has a digital compass, barometric altimeter and accelerometer" Have you compared your apparent elevation from the barometric altimeter to the GPS altimeter? I would guess t...

In GEAR » inReach Explorer as GPS when Freedom plan suspended
May 20, 1:34pm

Re: Old Ways Die Hard
"Old Ways Die Hard" I believe that was the title of the most recent Bruce Willis movie. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The ‘Wild’ effect Hikers are flooding the Pacific Crest Trail
May 20, 12:33pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.