BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 101 - 110 of 11174 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...1118

Forum » Thread

Re: Where can I learn about Solar Rechargers?
Another thing that can be handy is an electrical multimeter. When you can measure volts and amperes, you can close in on the prey. A normal multimeter will fill up your shirt pocket, though, and th...

In GEAR » Where can I learn about Solar Rechargers?
July 28, 12:35pm

Re: Where can I learn about Solar Rechargers?
First of all, go take a quick course in basic electricity. Things like Volts, Amperes, Ohms, Watts, etc. are not difficult. If you compare the power characteristics of two load devices, you may see...

In GEAR » Where can I learn about Solar Rechargers?
July 28, 12:27pm

Re: Pack size for UL thru-hiking - 40L too small?
First of all, a 40L pack is not too small. However, there are lots of "it depends" factors in there. It depends on where you are going to be and what you are trying to do. For example, if...

In GEAR » Pack size for UL thru-hiking - 40L too small?
July 27, 10:13pm

Re: Mongoose? Moi? ;o)
Mom, can I pet the nice puppy? --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Avoiding nasty hiking partners...
July 27, 3:16pm

Re: New Tent on Kickstarter
How is this one any different from the Rug Rat Tent that we discussed here the other day? --B.G.--

In GEAR » New Tent on Kickstarter
July 27, 12:36am

Re: Snake Lady Stories
The Snake Lady probably has stories about Eric the Mongoose. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Avoiding nasty hiking partners...
July 26, 7:50pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Record attempt
Low battery? Does the user have to change out batteries periodically? --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » John Muir Trail Record Attempt 22-July
July 26, 3:46pm

Re: Supply at VVR or MTR going south
Here is the image of a sign at Onion Valley. --B.G.--

In Gear Lists » RE Supply at VVR or MTR
July 26, 3:40pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Record attempt
"Minor Restart, and iterate to actual?" Different GPS receivers operate differently. Some have logic that tells them when the satellite signals are getting too unpredictable to use, so...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » John Muir Trail Record Attempt 22-July
July 26, 3:31pm

Re: RE Supply at VVR or MTR
With all of these factors in play, some backpackers decide to increase the pace so that they can finish at Whitney without suffering from hunger. Others get a resupply bag brought in, but it isn...

In Gear Lists » RE Supply at VVR or MTR
July 26, 3:23pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.