Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 101 - 110 of 11975 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...1198

Forum » Thread

Re: FRUITCAKE!
If you make your own fruitcake more like the Logan Bread that I have posted the recipe for, you can really control the texture and the flavor. I've done backpacking trips where Logan Bread r...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Volumetrically Dense Food?
January 10, 5:56pm

Re: DeLorme inReach SE: Tracks Well on a Pack Strap?
Greg is correct that the satellite antenna prefers to be flat side up. Hanging vertically like in the photo is not too bad, although you might see a bit of loss of accuracy for position, especially...

In GEAR » DeLorme inReach SE: Tracks Well on a Pack Strap?
January 10, 5:52pm

Re: Re:hanging food
When you reach your proposed camp site, look around on the snow for animal tracks. If you see lots of little tracks, like maybe 1", then keep moving. If you see lots of 3" or 4" trac...

In Winter Hiking » Final questions before snow shoeing trip
January 10, 5:41pm

Re: Re: A different approach, and why others don't do this?
"When photographing I prefer only two prime lenses. This keeps me focused on the image and the story it holds rather than the gear I'm using." Lenses wouldn't be much good if t...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » A different approach, and why others don't do this?
January 10, 11:21am

Re: WHY??
"Aqua Mira drops are SO 20th centuty. ;o) " So are keyboards that actually work. --B.G.--

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » AquaMira drops
January 10, 11:17am

Re: Thats funny because except for sheer weight. Esbit is evenmore of a PIA than Alcohol
Within the last month, I have purchased one gallon of white gas, one gallon of denatured alcohol, and ten boxes of Esbit fuel (120 tablets). So, no, I don't have a problem with any of this stuf...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I'm converted to light wieght
January 10, 11:15am

Re: Re: BPL Reacts to distasteful ad complaints
Ken, I do not use an adblock system. However, I have trained myself to just never look at the advertising. Once trained, I just never see that stuff unless I specifically go looking. --B.G.--

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » BPL Reacts to distasteful ad complaints
January 10, 11:11am

Re: Re: batteries
I use those type 18650 batteries. I have some here and more on order. I find the Panasonic unprotected ones to be very good. I buy them from Amazon.com for about $9-10 each. As was mentioned, 3....

In GEAR » Which rechargeable batteries to get?
January 10, 11:08am

Re: "WHAT IS YOUR BEST MULTI USE TOOL FOR OPENING WILD IDEAS BEAR CANISTER"
I gave this more thought. I always carry a trowel (actually a snow stake) in the rear pocket of my backpack, and the point of it fits the screw locks on a Bearikade. The trowel always resides in th...

In Multiple Use Gear » WHAT IS YOUR BEST MULTI USE TOOL FOR OPENING WILD IDEAS BEAR CANISTER
January 10, 10:59am

Re: Re: Re: Alky for WINTER??
"Have you ever tried to light Esbit in winter with cold hands and windy weather?" Nick, nobody claimed that it was easy. Besides, I think it is easier to light Esbit with a lighter ...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » UL winter cook kit
January 08, 11:19pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.