Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Wozniak (woz9683) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me John Wozniak has not added a biography yet.
CityJackson
StateMS
My PDF Gear ListWinter Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Wozniak

Showing 11 - 20 of 27 | Page: 1 2 3

Forum » Thread

Smokies Gear
- I'm still thinking about the ice cleats. Between trekking poles and pretty defined tread I might be okay without them. I'll have to think about it some more. - In a wet snow, or sleet ...

In Gear Lists » Winter Gear List (Smokies, 8-10 day trip)
October 05, 12:46pm

Smokies Gear
Thanks Hal! I was looking at those thinking they might be a good option. Unfortunately the ones on here would be too big for me. I'll be looking around for some though.

October 04, 4:36pm

Smokies Gear
Hmm, well it's been a while since I've been in that area. We'll just have to see how it goes, if I get a good, early start on that first day Laurel Gap will be a little short for a stop...

October 04, 12:32pm

Smokies Gear
Bob, that's good to hear, hopefully I'll be okay with the two. If I can use Fontana as a resupply I'll have another set or the charger waiting there. Alan, thanks I'll definitely...

October 03, 7:38pm

Smokies Gear
Bob, I don't like the live view feature on the camera so I tend to use the viewfinder most of the time, I'll have to make an effort to do less reviewing though :)

October 03, 2:33pm

Smokies Gear
- Yeah, I'm going to keep the pack cover. I prefer to have the extra layer of protection in this case. - I'll take the extra pair of liner gloves - Even if it does have a taste, I don...

October 03, 2:30pm

Smokies Gear
- why no pack cover? I can understand adding a liner to protect the gear better, but even if the cover doesn't protect the gear 100% it will keep the pack from getting soaked through in a hard ...

October 03, 12:37am

Smokies Gear
Changed the gear list, so the weights are in ounces now. I pulled out some stuff already. I'll continue to make changes as I get accurate weights for some of the other changes I'm planning ...

October 02, 9:44pm

Smokies Gear
Bradford, yeah that's one thing I was worried about with the alcohol option. Do you roll the cone up like they suggest on their site? That's what I was thinking. If the BMT takes more ti...

October 02, 9:29pm

Smokies Gear
Ken, I've got 2 of the high capacity LP E5 batteries for the camera (1800mAH instead of the standard 1080mAH). What do you think? Still need a 3rd? I probably will carry a second memory card...

October 02, 9:20pm

All Reader Reviews by John Wozniak

John Wozniak has posted no reviews.