Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

paul buzzard (troop208) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale paul buzzard hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me paul buzzard has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by paul buzzard

Showing 11 - 20 of 87 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Forum » Thread

sorting
I have done what you are looking at, and my tips would be: I didn't wash any of my down, just stripped it out of the items it was in. Do this outside on non windy day. Cut slits in the poc...

In Make Your Own Gear » Re-purposing old down. How can I tell what fill I have?
January 04, 8:27am

temp range
Every one is different, and IMO, your concrete pad is a very cold object to be sleeping over, for example a forest floor would maybe have a little more insulation value. Anyway, for me, my BA IAC ...

In GEAR » Big Agnes Insulated Air Core
January 04, 8:13am

boots
I have been to Philmont 3 times, and I think you have some good advise here. My .02 As noted, boots/runners and feet are different fit for different people. The narrow feet/big boot shape can ...

In GEAR » Philmont suitable boots
January 04, 8:04am

philmont stuff
You are already on the right path. IMO, your issue may also involve the other parents spending $ on new equipment. It was with our troop. But if you plan it right, have a meeting with parents an...

In Philmont » Pilmont 2011 8/1/11--8/13/11
November 09, 9:39am

staff
We were there in mid June, 2nd day the narrows were open due to high water levels from big late snow falls. Effectively the water was as high as possible to hike in. We rented shoes, booties, and...

In GEAR » Footwear for Zion Narrows in November?
October 20, 12:11pm

inner tube wraps
Paul, The semi magic of the inner tube wraps is no tieing. They stick to themselves. Begin by holding the end to the object, stretch tightly, use 1/2 width overlap until near the end, then wi...

In Make Your Own Gear » tieing 2 poles together
August 24, 8:45am

Spiral differences
Pretty sure it is $'s vs. weight only. UL has 800 fill power and lighter shell, hence lighter weight. Looks to me the bags themselves are exactly the same, cut wise. Specs seem identical exc...

In GEAR » Montbell Super Spiral
August 24, 7:51am

wrapping poles
We found that velcro works, but is finicky, and not real strong, depending maybe on what kind/type is used, possibly also where it is put together at. We changed to strips of old rubber bike tire ...

In Make Your Own Gear » tieing 2 poles together
August 19, 9:10am

fit
I would urge you to test fit yourself into some bag you know the exact size specifications on, then at least you can look at your list, and figure out which ones maybe are better for you. Might we...

In GEAR » Sleeping Bag Research
March 22, 10:14am

choices
If you are really considering using a bag for a long time, get an 800 fp one from montbell, feathered friends, western mountaineering, mountain hardware, Marmot. Spend the $$$, love the bag, 20 ye...

In GEAR » n00b sleeping bag question
March 22, 10:08am

All Reader Reviews by paul buzzard

paul buzzard has posted no reviews.