BPL Community Profile

Tony Burnett (tlbj6142) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale OH--IO
About Me Tony Burnett has not added a biography yet.
CityColumbus
StateOH

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tony Burnett

Showing 11 - 20 of 191 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Forum » Thread

Great place for hiking with kids...
Dolly Sods (primarily DSN) is a great place to hike with children. Campsites are available every 3-5 miles (if not more often), water is everywhere to play in and the open areas make it easy for t...

In Editor's Roundtable » New Wilderness! Dolly Sods North & Roaring Plains West
September 02, 6:04am

Food for 4 days...
While the average water carried might be a bit low (1L might be a "better" average). The food number is an _average_, not a starting number. So, his "2-days" would, I guess, b...

In Editor's Roundtable » Philmont Scout Ranch: How Light Can You Go?
July 02, 1:57pm

Photos too nice??
I know a couple of you have mentioned the photos, but they look so good I sort of feel like I'm being shown a catalog. And I rarely trust a photo from a catalog. Maybe its just me. In shor...

In Editor's Roundtable » ZPacks Blast 18 Backpack Review
May 26, 2:49pm

Re: Re: Bearikade Weekender: Which ULA pack
"For comparison, I just got the Circuit and my Bear Vault 500 fits in it just fine with plenty of space left over." Which way? Vertically or horizontally? My brother owns a Circuit...

In GEAR » Bearikade Weekender: Which ULA pack
May 15, 10:14am

RJ's Trail Life vs Beyond Backpacking
I own both TL and the older BB (and have read the PCT version that pre-dates BB). I enjoy the new format of TL over the old BB style. The text is 95% identical, though almost all of the dogma has...

In GEAR » Ray Jardine's update of Beyond Backpacking now available
March 19, 12:32pm

Carry both Y and Ti...
FWIW, I carry two Y-stakes (MSR) for my main ridge line and a number of Ti stakes for the sides and "additional" tie-outs.

In Editor's Roundtable » Tent Stake Holding Power: Comparative Evaluation of Various Designs and Lengths
October 15, 8:09am

What is cold enough?
"I don't use Pertex/Pile unless I think it will be cold enough to wear it all day" So, what is "cold enough"?

In Editor's Roundtable » Pertex/Pile History and Products
October 01, 7:57am

thin socks help...
When I hike in my Chacos, I always wear thin (think liner thin) socks. Helps keep my feet from sticking to the footbed, makes them feel cooler ('cause they aren't sticking) and provides so...

In Editor's Roundtable » Foot Care Supplies for Sandal-packing
August 20, 6:45am

Re: How to cut weight further?
>>>>Rope (7/64 Amsteel Blue) I thought I read you can't take your own bear rope? Did the rules change? Or is it just hit-or-miss depending on who inspects your gear.

In Gear Lists » Philmont gear selection..
August 11, 6:16pm

Draining blisters...
On a recent trip I had two a large blisters on the outside edge of my feet just above my heel pad (below and slightly behind my ankle). It wasn't from rubbing, but (I think) from not having na...

In Editor's Roundtable » Necessity vs. Importance: Considering Ultralight Essentials
July 16, 8:20am

All Reader Reviews by Tony Burnett

Tony Burnett has posted no reviews.