BPL Community Profile

Nick Larsen (stingray4540) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale South Bay
About Me Nick Larsen has not added a biography yet.
StateCalifornia
My PDF Gear ListGearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Larsen

Showing 11 - 20 of 374 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...38

Forum » Thread

Updated list
Thanks again everyone! Here is an updated list with a jacket, a couple of emergency items and a bear bag system. I also added an estimate of his consumables weight, and fully loaded he should be ea...

In Gear Lists » On the cheap for a college student
April 16, 11:27am

Re: Sleeping Bag
Oh, dang, Mitchell! I think he just ordered it like two days ago already. bummer! I'll double check with him though. I totally saw your post a couple days ago and wrote it off since it looked l...

April 16, 8:35am

Thanks!
Thanks Guys! I totally found a bunch of info I didn't have before! I think the Uniqlo is the winner though. Heck, I'm gonna buy one for myself at that price! I like the idea that a fl...

In GEAR » Sub 1lb. Sub $100 jacket?
April 16, 8:20am

headlamp
Thanks for the tent input. I'm figuring it's cheap enough that he can figure out what he likes and doesn't like through experience. Worst case he upgrades and then has a loaner for frie...

April 15, 2:05pm

Re: Re: On the cheap for a college student
Compass: Good point, and I agree. That just happened to be the cheapest one I saw on REI's site for purposes of putting some numbers in the spreadsheet. Knife: He already owns this. It's...

April 15, 1:30pm

On the cheap for a college student
I'm putting together a gear list for my brother who will be going off to college this year, but he wants to have a kit for any possible opportunities where I can't outfit him with gear when...

April 15, 11:34am

Sub 1lb. Sub $100 jacket?
So, I'm putting a gear list together for my brother who is newly getting into backpacking. So far I'm at $389 and 12 lbs. minus consumables. The only thing missing is a jacket layer, an...

In GEAR » Sub 1lb. Sub $100 jacket?
April 15, 11:24am

Trail distance
Are there any decent topos with the trail distance on them? That's all I really want to use a map for. I keep my phone off and turn it on when I want to know where I'm at. Look at where my ...

In GEAR » Attention all who carry iPhones while backpacking: critical info RE iPhone 5
August 20, 6:33pm

Re: opinion.
"Wait. So I do have a right to my opinion? Or not? I mean, if you express your opinion, sounds like I have the right to my opinion about that.... Or not. Confused." Haha, ZING!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Outside Mag calls an urban vancouver trail "most dangerous" top 10 hikes in the world
August 17, 4:56pm

Re: Get real
"Lets get back to talking about great hiking and lightweight gear ... And I for one will be ignoring this thread, " Oh don't kid yourself. You know it's so much more fun to get...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Outside Mag calls an urban vancouver trail "most dangerous" top 10 hikes in the world
August 17, 8:08am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Larsen

Nick Larsen has posted no reviews.