Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bill Segraves (sbill9000) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Bill Segraves hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Bill Segraves has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bill Segraves

Showing 11 - 20 of 258 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...26

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Electrolyte needs and real food
Thanks for the clarification, Tom. I would be interested to see what's in the malto/whey/electrolyte snack portion of your diet or Greg's, or others, and if others are interested as well, t...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Electrolyte needs and real food
November 21, 4:33pm

Re: Electrolyte needs and real food
Would people find it interesting to take one or two diets based on things like maltodextrin, whey protein powder, and electrolyte pills, make up a few of the simplest real food diets that offer sim...

November 20, 7:35pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Electrolyte needs and real food
"3 full pages of elaborate to highly elaborate approaches to get the necessary electrolytes from "real food" Or you could take Sarah's approach (basically same as what I start...

November 20, 6:47pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Electrolyte needs and real food
"Could you really eat sweet potato leather after a hard day of hiking?" I *think* I could, but I won't know for sure until I've tried it! But I don't go as hard as you d...

November 19, 8:04pm

Re: Re: Electrolyte needs and real food
Taking midpoint of American College of Sports Medicine recommendations for Na and K supplementation in sports drinks and using some food labels to do some crude what-ifs, let's assume you want ...

November 19, 7:14pm

"So what would you suggest that has the necessary quantity of electrolytes and works out to about 250 calories per hour?" I can suggest some reasonable snack options or combinations if...

November 19, 9:23am

"My concern is the practicality. I came to hiking poles a bit late in the game and discovered that I like them and find them helpful. I also found that my snacking as I went disappeared. That&...

November 18, 6:49pm

"Am I representing y our views accurately?" With explicit acknowledgment of individual variation, and a reminder that real foods tend to be deficient in sodium, specifically, unless sa...

November 18, 4:55pm

"Lets try to get back to the basic points:" I'd say the *basic* point, at least my basic point, was that if you're eating and snacking on real food with adequate salt added, th...

November 18, 4:07pm

"Two scenarios come to mind: "1) A long distance hiker, such as Malto, averaging about 30 mpd for a prolonged period" In my experience, 30 mpd is just around the point when it ...

November 18, 3:56pm

All Reader Reviews by Bill Segraves

Bill Segraves has posted no reviews.