Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bill Segraves (sbill9000) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Bill Segraves hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Bill Segraves has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bill Segraves

Showing 11 - 20 of 276 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...28

Forum » Thread

Re: cook/no-cook: who has tried both and what weight diff did you find?
I usually do some cooking when I'm with family or friends, but go cookless or nearly cookless when I'm solo. For what I take, there's no inherent food weight difference between the two...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » cook/no-cook: who has tried both and what weight diff did you find?
December 02, 7:24pm

Re: Re: ratios
"Wasn't the positive effect on muscle synthesis the main point made by the article Bob linked us to a page or two ago?" If you mean the van Loon article on the Gatorade Sports Scie...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Electrolyte needs and real food
November 30, 8:24pm

ratios
Hope all enjoyed the last few days with a suitable combination of macronutrients, such as might be provided by turkey, stuffing and gravy. :) This morning, I stumbled across an interesting revie...

November 30, 8:32am

Re: Nausea & Throwing Up
How long does it take for your nausea to begin, either in miles or in hours? Do you get the same symptoms in that time/distance on a hike at comparable exertion levels when you're at home? ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Nausea & Throwing Up
November 26, 3:59am

Re: Re: Re: Electrolyte needs and real food
"One thing to consider that hasn't been emphasized so far is the impact of training for high VO2 max on the fat:carb ratio. McArdle states that it can go as high as 80:20 in highly trained...

November 25, 7:06pm

I don't disagree with any of your conclusions, but... "I also operate on the assumption that very little tissue repair takes place while exercising" Van Loon's data looked p...

November 25, 6:54pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Electrolyte needs and real food
Thanks for the clarifications on the 5%, Tom. I'm still not certain I'm reading this right, so you'll forgive my double-checking on this - you mean 5% or somewhat higher as a *minimum*...

November 25, 6:40pm

Re: Not nutrition savvy
"On the trail it's: who cares what I eat so long as it's mostly carbs in the day and heavy with protein and fats at night--I'm thinking warmth and restoration. "So when I r...

November 25, 6:22pm

"I have yet to see a disinterested, scientific source that does not use a constant of 5% protein as an energy source, without regard to exercise intensity." Tom, I'm not sure I und...

November 24, 6:53pm

""Here is a discussion that sounds pretty reasonable to me" "Excellent article, Bob! It looks like their findings correlate with Hammer's on protein/carb ingestion during...

November 24, 5:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Bill Segraves

Bill Segraves has posted no reviews.