Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Colin Parkinson (parkinson1157) - BPL Guest

My Locale Ontario Canada
About Me Colin Parkinson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Colin Parkinson

Showing 11 - 20 of 38 | Page: 1 2 3 4

Forum » Thread

weighmygear
overly complex to do simple thing. Also only carriers recent gear and no cottage industry stuff. Keep working on it.

In Gear Lists » Looking for A Spreadsheet
March 18, 3:29pm

Bug protection for ID silshelter
Your body in the bivy will pull up the sides of the ground sheet naturally, creating a bathtub floor. If you want you can also fold in the corners as you sew the bug netting to create a basic bath...

In GEAR » Bug protection for ID silshelter
March 17, 6:07am

omni tape Vs zippers
So I order the silnylon (noah lampart $3/yd) to make that awesome half pyramid tarp posted recently. So since I have trouble sewing zippers I thought I would use the omni tape. Got to thinkin...

In Make Your Own Gear » omni tape Vs zippers
March 14, 8:02pm

Bug protection for ID silshelter
As a user of the sil shelter I recommend two options: 1) a simple bug netting from COGHLAN's the hiker one http://www.coghlans.com/products/hikers-mosquito-net-9775 used with a simple ground...

In GEAR » Bug protection for ID silshelter
March 14, 7:45pm

Cheap Sunglasses
Besides never carrying sunglasses, the cheapest are the sunglass safety glasses, some are pretty stylist and all under 10$.

In GEAR » Favorite cheap sunglasses?
February 22, 1:57pm

Staying dry during heavy winter activities
I work outside year round from +30 to-30c, I also sweat very heavily, those head sweat hats are a joke and don't even talk about Goretex. So for outside heavy winter work I use the following...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Staying dry during heavy winter activities
January 22, 7:24pm

MYOG Bivy; what top material?"
My MYOG bivy has a sil-nylon bottom tapered toward the feet, 4' to 28" The bottom three feet of the top of the biviy is covered by momentum-90 as splash protection. The rest of the biv...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Bivy; what top material?
December 27, 5:49pm

Momentum fabric
Momentum should only be used in non hiking conditions or on very wide well maintained trails. On the trails in my area momentum will last half a day before rips and tears appear.

In Make Your Own Gear » Jackets made w/ Momentum 90, etc: how does material hold up under pack straps?
October 31, 7:38pm

pot cozy
The absolute best pot cozy is made out of an EVA foam pad. This can be used as a pot cozy plus it is stiff enough to hold the freezer bag alone, so freeing up the pot to hold delicious hot choco...

In Make Your Own Gear » Best material for pot/ziplock bag cozy?
October 17, 4:38pm

Sunscreen container
I use the shampoo bottles from motels/Hotels. Light leak proof and with a good sized opening.

In GEAR » Leekproof sunscreen container?
September 17, 9:43am

All Reader Reviews by Colin Parkinson

Colin Parkinson has posted no reviews.