BPL Community Profile

robert v (mtnbob123) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Upstate South Carolina
About Me Father, Backpacker, Canoeist, Special Ed Teacher
--Starting to explore the ultralight philosophy as I get older just so I can keep up with my sons on the trail!!!
CitySpartanburg
StateSC

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by robert v

Showing 11 - 20 of 355 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...36

Forum » Thread

Montbell
Would you recommend a XXL for him?

In GEAR » Looking for a down jacket for my 6'4" 240# son
June 01, 10:04am

Looking for a down jacket for my 6'4" 240# son
My son is moving to Cleveland to start his graduate program at the Institute of Music in a few months, and I'm trying to find him a good deal on a down jacket. Not really looking for a technica...

In GEAR » Looking for a down jacket for my 6'4" 240# son
June 01, 9:12am

MSR Missing Link
Great Tent!! Just a heads up. If you start having problems with the coating on the inside of the tent getting sticky, MSR has a liberal return policy. Mine was fine, but getting slightly tacky....

In Gear Swap » MSR Missing Link Tent - 3 lb. - Used Once - Spacious for two people
April 29, 10:51am

SOLD
$160 shipped CONTUS paypal personal or add 3% to cover fees SOLD

In Gear Swap » MSR Fast Stash Tent ----Brand New in Package
April 21, 7:34pm

Email
If you want to get a message to me during the day, please contact me at rovoorhees at spart7 dot org

April 15, 10:28pm

Weights and Colors
Ok just to clear up any confusion I had about the color of the tent. Even though MSR claims this is a new "green" fabric color, it appears to be far more of a muted yellow. BTW this is th...

April 15, 6:27pm

Pole weight
I remember the pole weight being 12.9 oz in its own bag. Pretty heavy for a 2lb 14oz tent. The tent stakes probably account for the extra weight.

April 15, 10:17am

Weights
I will have to wait till I get home from work, late tonight to check the weights. MSR lists the min weight as 2lb 14oz. I think that it will be dead on. That is without the 12.9oz poles, or the sta...

April 15, 7:54am

Bottom of tent
Hmmmmmm, maybe you are right! It looks like the same color as the floor in older pics from MSR. What made me think otherwise was the letter they sent me with it telling me they sent me the brand ne...

April 15, 7:07am

New Pics uploaded MSR Fast Stash Tent
Glad I looked inside of the bag!! Gone are the old orange, and then yellow MSR Fast Stash Tents. This is one of the first in the new muted yellow color!!!! Only $160 Shipped CONTUS paypal persona...

April 14, 7:20pm

All Reader Reviews by robert v

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

LightHeartGear Solong6 Cuben
Very nice tent, especially with the awning! Excellent reinforcement in wear areas. Sets up tight and the material lets in just the right amount of sunlight so that it is never gloomy inside, but still...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
September 27, 3:46am

Lawson Equipment Customer Service
I have ordered several times from Lawson. For some reason, something seems to get screwed up about every other order. I have eventually received everything, but it has taken several emails on several ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 29, 10:14pm

Enlightened Equipment Revelation X
Love this Quilt! It is Huge(2.5"baffle, Wide and Long model- overstuffed ) but weighs very little(28oz in stuffsack). Very warm when cinched up tight, but still useable as a lightweight quilt in ...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
August 01, 11:35am

Lightheart Gear Tents Solong 6 Cuben Fiber with Awning
Large 1 person tent. Two friendly people can easily fit in this tent. It is very long, a...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
January 29, 7:09pm

Lightheart Gear
I have bought two Solong 6 tents from Judy and Mark at Lightheart Gear. I have one made of Sil-Nylon and one made of Cuben fiber. They have always been more than patient with me as I asked a thousand ...

January 29, 6:13pm

GoLite GoLite customer service
I returned a 12 year old Golite breeze pack and was told that they would replace it with a brand new Peak pack. It is on its way!!!!

August 06, 6:05am