BPL Community Profile

Elena Lee (lenchik101) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest (USA)
About Me Elena Lee has not added a biography yet.
CityBellevue
StateWashington
My PDF Gear ListN Cascades

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Elena Lee

Showing 11 - 20 of 166 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Forum » Thread

cool clothing
Here are some ideas for clothing that look good and perform well: Montbell Thermawrap UL parka (runs small, an awesome lightweight insulation layer) Icebreaker bodyfit zips (needs at least on...

In GEAR » Backpacking for the girly girl
July 14, 11:28am

from a girl
That's a funny topic, i can only think if someone wanted me to dress in pink girly dresses, go shopping all day and end up watching some TV show i don't care for.. how would i feel? I'l...

In GEAR » Backpacking for the girly girl
July 12, 12:01pm

for kitchen
i use a 1 inch by 1 inch square dishwashing sponge to clean my pot.

In GEAR » Travel Sponge
June 22, 11:37am

thank you
What a great article! Taking my 4.5 month old son on our first camping trip, never thought that i could be so excited about car camping! it's an adventure on its own. can't wait to share mo...

In Editor's Roundtable » Field Notes of a Family Man: How to Nurture Your Family and Your Backpacking Obsession
May 18, 11:35am

clothing system
Patricia, you have excess clothing that you can eliminate, while keeping the requirement of dedicated sleeping clothing. Think of what you would use when you hike. I can bet, you would not ...

In GEAR » Ultralight backpack recommendations
April 27, 4:55pm

food packaging
Patricia, "Pack volume is also an issue ... even if my stuff only weighs 15lbs can't use a 50L pack because you need a lot of volume for food. The food is very bulky (and there seems to...

April 27, 4:39pm

tent???
Patricia, i'm almost exactly the same size as you are. here is my 5 cents: "On the gear list, honestly, (call me a wimp) but I don't think I am ready to sleep in the contrail bas...

April 25, 11:03am

deuter looks good
Thanks, Sarah. yes, the baby has arrived on December 29. He's already done Little Si, Rattle Snake ridge, and snowshoeing in Whistler. We expect Mt Rainier by the age of two :)) Looked and D...

In GEAR » Baby Gear
April 20, 3:13pm

Baby Gear
For those hikers with babies: what kind of carrier system do you use? Mine is 3.5 months but already over 16 pounds! we'll be hiking it the summer..and he will be around 6 months then. How...

In GEAR » Baby Gear
April 19, 3:08pm

Baker
Agree on glacier peak wilderness area .. is amazing. See Lyman Lakes, Image lake, etc. you'll meet lots of people on the trail though.. But.. if you have an extra couple of days to spare and...

In Post-Trip Reports » Spectacular PNW trip suggestion??
April 19, 2:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Elena Lee

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

evernew ultralight 1.3l ti pot
I've had mine since 2002 and still going. I have one with titanium coating, and use it as a share pot with hiking partner. The quality of this pot is impeccable. Its insulated handles are grea...

In Cookware - Titanium
January 29, 12:34pm

Icebreaker Tech T Lite Superfine 140
Awesome shirt as evidenced by some night forest creatures who ate it. Now my shirt comes with cool hole design all over it that some people think came "as is" from the manufacturer... so...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
January 29, 12:23pm

Golite Pinnacle Pack
I have a women's version size small. I'm not sure if there is any difference between men's and women's besides the size. I also have an Osprey Talon 33 pack. What i use it for: I...

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 29, 12:07pm

Western Mountaineering Ultralight Super
Important! this bag could be too narrow who is larger torso/wider shoulder. bought it for my man but it didn't work for him - he liked megalite. otherwise a great bag for those who sleep on a c...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 01, 11:46pm

TarpTent Double Rainbow
Just to add some to the above reviews: Wind: Hadn't had a chance to use in the extreme wind but contemplating taking this tent on a winter trip. The new version has standard tieouts on the side...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
December 01, 11:00pm

Montbell UL Down Inner Parka
Ok, everyone has beef with the hood. I couldn't have honestly thought of one fault with the Montbell UL Parka before reading this thread. Lightweight, warm, wind and water resistant- a perfect...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 01, 10:43pm