Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Brown (johnbrown2005) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Portland, OR
About Me John Brown has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Brown

Showing 11 - 20 of 330 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...33

Forum » Thread

Tarp/Bivy weight savings
All, thanks for thoughtful and clarifying responses responses! Eric, Alex and Dale, I think you kind of got to the heart of the matter. Link, thanks for the links! The tarp I have in min...

In GEAR » Tarp + Bivy weight savings, what am I missing?
August 12, 6:34pm

Thread
My 69 and 92 polyester thread arrived. Either looks great for outdoor sewing. Will see if the 92 works with the size 16 needle and probably use that if so. I got a ton of thread, if anyone wa...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYO Chouinard Expedition Sewing Kit, 0.9 oz and under $10
August 12, 6:23pm

Tarp + Bivy weight savings, what am I missing?
In an effort to lighten my pack, I've been exploring a shelter switch from a tarptent moment (which I currently own) to a tarp + bivy setup. Also considering tarp + MLD serenity net tent. W...

In GEAR » Tarp + Bivy weight savings, what am I missing?
August 12, 2:21pm

Montbell Thermwrap Parka
Bump for Sunday shoppers

In Gear Swap » Mont Bell Thermawrap Pro Parka - New, Grey, XL
August 11, 12:08pm

Chouinard Sewing Kit
by the way, I saw the new kit at the Patagonia store the other day. Was pretty neat, and inspired one to make your own!

In Make Your Own Gear » MYO Chouinard Expedition Sewing Kit, 0.9 oz and under $10
August 09, 1:05pm

Thread
I ordered some #69 and #92 bonded Polyester thread. Will report back on how it seems when I get it.

August 09, 1:10am

GAIA
Not to knock any of the others (haven't tried the ones mentioned), but with GAIA the maps are free. And you can download satellite imagery to use off line/out of range.

In GEAR » best app for navigation/GPS for a smart phone
August 08, 3:43pm

Sewing kit, what thread?
This is very cool. I just saw the sewing kit at the Patagonia store, $30! Will be making my own, what thread do you all use for the heavy duty thread?

August 08, 3:04pm

GAIA GPS
Can't speak to android version, but on iOS, GAIA is really awesome. They regularly add free map layers, I use CalTopo most of the time. And they're super invested in improving the product...

In GEAR » best app for navigation/GPS for a smart phone
August 08, 2:29pm

Mont Bell Thermawrap Pro Parka - New, Grey, XL
Montbell Thermawrap Pro Parka for sale, new, grey, XL. $100 shipped USPS Priority. Paypal only, send as friend or cover my fee. Get your new winter coat! First unequivocal "I'll take i...

In Gear Swap » Mont Bell Thermawrap Pro Parka - New, Grey, XL
August 08, 1:08pm

All Reader Reviews by John Brown

John Brown has posted no reviews.