Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ben Pearre (fugue137) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Ben Pearre hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Ben Pearre has not added a biography yet.
CityBoulder
StateCO
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Pearre

Showing 11 - 20 of 38 | Page: 1 2 3 4

Forum » Thread

Colour?
Hi Roger et al, What colour is the tent to be? How can tent colour matter? Here's what I can think of, but I am pretty sure the list is incomplete, and I'd love to hear what others t...

In GEAR » The CAFFIN tents come!
July 09, 11:06pm

Length mockup, courtesy of Hilleberg?
@Tjaard: You share my concern with the lengths of tents, although I am shorter than you (at a mere 188 cm). 220 cm, which seems to be the most often mentioned floor length for Roger's tent,...

In GEAR » The CAFFIN tents come!
July 05, 6:04pm

Physics
Fascinating, useful, inspiring: a good read. But if I may take the discussion back to the thread about redefining physics: As has been pointed out, the relationship between distance hiked and w...

In Editor's Roundtable » Mountain SuperUltraLight Backpacking – Going SUL in the Mountains with Adequate Shelter, Insulation, and Rain Protection. Part 1: Concepts and Scope.
May 21, 12:27pm

Chafe gear?
I'm thinking of trying thin cord through chafe gear--e.g. some 4mm o.d. plastic tubing. Any recommendations of what kind of tubing might work well?

In GEAR » SMC T-Anchor
May 03, 9:48am

Science!
Wonderful work! This test shows that the bags are permeable to the "illicit" molecules to the point that there's easily enough scent for a trained dog to detect at close range, bec...

In Editor's Roundtable » How Safe Is Your Food? Investigating the effectiveness of odor-proof bags
April 11, 1:51pm

Stiff fabrics--like armour?
Very interesting article, but Part 2 seems essential! I don't understand the claim that stiff fabric protects the insulation from compression. In the wind, in use, the force on the garmen...

In Editor's Roundtable » Impact of Wind on Insulation Loft
March 09, 10:43am

Cotton or linen?
Hi! Thanks for the article. I'm a huge fan of Icebreaker--I have had mostly good luck with sizing--with occasional forays into Ibex-land for things that they do better. "Newsflash: If...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ibex Clothing Review
March 08, 11:51am

conversions
Nice article! But one thing that keeps coming up at BPL is: "and winds of 100 to 150 kph (62 to 93 mph)" This is good: http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/blog/2012/02/meaningless-pr...

In Editor's Roundtable » Tunnel Tents Tutorial and State of the Market Report - Part 1: Definition and Pitching
April 12, 1:41pm

Binding efficiency
I seem to recall a review or thread a few years back (probably on BPL) that found that free-pivot bindings such as on MSR's snowshoes are something like 30% more efficient than the torsion bind...

In Editor's Roundtable » MSR Lightning Flash Snowshoe Review
January 11, 5:37pm

Warmth?
I know that this is "just a baselayer", but I'm curious: for the same weight, and across various moisture contents, how do these fabrics compare in warmth to pure wool? For example, ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Rab MeCo Baselayers Review
January 04, 3:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben Pearre

Ben Pearre has posted no reviews.