Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Erik G (fox212) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale THE Bay Area :)
About Me I've been backpacking a long time, and started trying to go ultralight over the past year or so. I'm always trying to refine my gear list to improve comfort and enjoyment while also reducing weight, volume, and number of items carried. I love the simplicity of a minimal kit. I also enjoy making and modifying my own gear.
CityDanville
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear List3-Season Gear list as of 09-2013

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Erik G

Showing 11 - 20 of 121 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Forum » Thread

WTB: Bug Shelter
Hey all, I'm looking to buy an inner net or bug bivy for an MLD Cricket tarp. Ideally, I'd love to pick up the Solo Innernet made for the Cricket (with the m90 strip across the front)...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Bug Shelter
April 02, 11:03am

Cuben Duomid - next in line
I'll take the Cuben Duomid if the Andrew B. decides to pass on it! Email sent.

In Gear Swap » MLD Duomid
March 30, 1:30pm

Yet another unique and excellent trip
You and James are an inspiration! I've done a few trips based on your trip reports, and they've been great. My wife and I are hiking the BSL this June (clockwise FWIW). THANK YOU for the...

In Post-Trip Reports » A Diablo Loop Hike: 58 parks in 11 Days
March 20, 3:04pm

Wow is right!
Those are great photos! Some happy bees for sure :)

In Photo Gallery » One week ago, Lower Upper Kings River, Kings Caanon NP
March 13, 11:11am

Whistle lid
That 3D printed whistling lid is really slick. Way to go, Fred!

In Make Your Own Gear » Beer can pot ribs
March 05, 5:51pm

Beautiful
Many thanks for sharing this, Doug. A bittersweet story indeed, but beautiful nonetheless. You are a talented writer. Losing a loved one, be it human or animal, is one of the most painful and di...

In Chaff » Trip report - John P. Saylor Trail, PA, and a bit of memory lane
March 05, 4:53pm

Concentrated Beer Goo
How's it taste on its own?? Lol :) I would think that carbonating the beer in soda bottles would be no problem. After all, they hold carbonated drinks. I read somewhere that there is extr...

In Editor's Roundtable » Backcountry Brews
March 05, 3:31pm

Updates?
Any updates from Altaplex owners? I have the same questions as Ron does as well.

In GEAR » Altaplex – zpacks now has the ultimate tent
February 26, 3:03pm

Attaching bug netting to fly
Well, I'm moving slowly along on this project. I'm going for the "hybrid double wall" design where the roof portion is single walled. I still have one thing I can't figure ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Good material for MYOG cuben tent prototype
February 26, 1:02pm

Tyvek?
Maybe you could buy a roll of Tyvek from Home Depot and have the scouts make some tarps themselves? Could be a great experience for them. With one 9' x 150' roll, you can make a LOT of tarp...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Somewhat OT: Larger Tarps
February 19, 11:46am

All Reader Reviews by Erik G

Erik G has posted no reviews.