BPL Community Profile

Erik G (fox212) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale THE Bay Area :)
About Me I've been backpacking a long time, and started trying to go ultralight over the past year or so. I'm always trying to refine my gear list to improve comfort and enjoyment while also reducing weight, volume, and number of items carried. I love the simplicity of a minimal kit. I also enjoy making and modifying my own gear.
CityDanville
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear List3-Season Gear list as of 09-2013

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Erik G

Showing 11 - 20 of 71 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Forum » Thread

Question about parking and fee
Can I just park in the overflow lot and walk to the HQ and pay my parking fees, then head to the group site? OR do I have to get a physical parking permit from the HQ and put it in my car? I'...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
January 20, 5:19pm

Re: weather meter
Hey John, I went with the Kestrel 3500NV. But yes, it's coming to the GGG (as long as it arrives in time, fingers crossed).

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » GGG Whatcha Bringing?
January 08, 4:27pm

Re: Brunton resolution
Thanks again Richard. I appreciate the info. However, I've decided to go with the Kestrel 3500. I chose it mainly because: -Better sensors, resulting in faster response and more accurate ...

In GEAR » Handheld weather meters - which one?
January 07, 4:17pm

Re: psychrometrics and Brunton
Richard, good point and one I actually hadn't thought of. I am quite familiar with the charts you speak of (was just using them the other day, in fact). I agree that I wouldn't be able to g...

January 07, 2:30pm

Re: weather meter
Stephen...lol :) No wet bulb thermometer on the 2500. I plan to use it for backpacking, mostly just for my own curiosity and information. Probably won't be doing any serious measurements ...

January 07, 1:13pm

Handheld weather meters - which one?
I'm in the market for a handheld weather meter. I've been looking at Kestrel units, particularly models 2500 and 3500. The difference between the two is that the 3500 can measure wet-bulb t...

January 07, 12:13pm

Re: whatcha bringing
Can't wait for the GGG! Really excited to meet everyone and check out all the gear :) Things I'll be bringing that may be of interest: -HMG Echo 2 tarp and beak -YMG bug shelter 1.25...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » GGG Whatcha Bringing?
January 07, 11:53am

re: suggestions and comments
Thank you for all the thoughtful responses so far! I really appreciate it. Re tying too tight: I tie my shoes pretty loose, so I don't think that is the problem. Also the wildcats are a half...

In GEAR » Questions about heel-to-toe drop in footwear
January 06, 8:52pm

GGG for sale
Pete, search this site for "GGG." It's the Gathering of Gear Geeks. :) What I'll have for sale (will update this post with additions): Brooks Cascadia 8 trail runners, size ...

In Gear Swap » GGG Parking Lot Sale
January 06, 11:42am

Questions about heel-to-toe drop in footwear
I'm in the market for some new kicks, and frankly it's not going so well... I am wondering, what are the potential effects of wearing a shoe with too much heel-to-toe drop? I just pic...

In GEAR » Questions about heel-to-toe drop in footwear
January 06, 8:58am

All Reader Reviews by Erik G

Erik G has posted no reviews.