Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Kyle Purcell (dufus934) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale North Texas
About Me I'm a Bible believing follower of Christ. I've been backpacking for about 15 years now. A few of things that I'm really interested in are making my own gear, survival techniques and gear. I have a lot of questions and a few answers.
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.uriahthevagabond.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kyle Purcell

Showing 11 - 20 of 174 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Lightweight Mug?
Steve, Very good point. I didn't think about the cooking. Just wanted to have my cake and eat it too!. For what I am looking for, the SP 700 is a little big. And yes, no matter wha...

In GEAR » Lightweight Mug?
March 24, 11:47am

Lightweight Mug?
I am looking for a lightweight mug that can boil about 2 cups of water. I want a mug style because this will also be used for coffee in the mornings after cooking is done, and tea for the evenings...

In GEAR » Lightweight Mug?
March 24, 11:37am

Re: Re: Torso Nightlight - Exodus
I just returned from a short overnight trip with my conduit. The base weight was a little more than yours, but it carries very well. I have used a full length 3/8" ccf pad coiled up. I get ...

In GEAR » ULA Conduit VS MLD Exodus
March 24, 10:52am

Durability
Does anybody have any idea how long these things will last? I made some a couple of nights ago, but got to thinking...If they're always pulled to their max, will they eventually just be a lon...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Guyline Tensioners
March 20, 7:45am

fit
I am a 22" torso, and I got the biggest size pack he sells (M/L), and it fits me great. I don't know if I would "push" that limit at all though. It seems to be pretty true to t...

In GEAR » ULA Conduit and torso fit issues
March 03, 9:38am

Sleeping Pad Packing
I use a sleeping pad in the barrel/burrito setup to give my pack some shape. I have used all kinds of pads like this. Everything from a Prolite 3 to a Wally World CCF pad. The size of the pack k...

In GEAR » Packing the Jam2
March 02, 11:49am

Re: Suggestions for how to make a G4 Pack smaller?
When I first started backpacking I would put my pad in, and pack the bag "burrito" style. When I did this, I put my quilt/bag in the bottom, and waited a little while. It lofted some, a...

In GEAR » Suggestions for how to make a G4 Pack smaller?
February 27, 8:40am

MLD, SMD, AGG, ID, Other Poncho/Tarp
Which of these companies makes the best poncho/tarp. I know "best" is kind of a vague word. I am looking for good coverage (I'm just a hair over 6'), light weight, and some meas...

In GEAR » SUL Gear Help
February 23, 9:54am

Nice!
Like everyone else has said, this is top shelf work! And please be sure to give a durability report. I have thought about makeing many different things out of tyvek, but durability has been an is...

In Make Your Own Gear » Tyvek Backpack
February 17, 12:12pm

Re: Re: Mixing
well I guess it has seeped in real good, because I know I brushed on the solution, but there is no way you could tell. Guess we'll see if that is good or bad. I might turn the water hose loos...

In GEAR » Alternative Seam Sealer for Silnylon
February 16, 9:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Kyle Purcell

Kyle Purcell has posted no reviews.