Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dirk Rabdau (dirk9827) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Dirk Rabdau has not added a biography yet.
StateWashington

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dirk Rabdau

Showing 11 - 20 of 657 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...66

Forum » Thread

It seems to me...
Yes, it does decrease. I have the first gen NeoAir that I've put 2,900 miles on and it doesn't seem nearly as loud as when I first bought it. But maybe I just am used to the noise. Regardle...

In GEAR » Does the noise on Neoair decrease over time?
September 13, 12:16am

Your family rocks
I enjoyed your photos from your trip - you and your family have the right stuff it takes to enjoy and complete a long distance trail. What a fantastic experience! The three neanderthals you met on ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Hiking the John Muir Trail with our 9 and 10 year old daughters
September 12, 12:08am

Re: Romney/Ryan 2012
No matter how you feel about the guy, you gotta hand it to President Bill Clinton. The man can flat-out work a room. That was a great speech.

In Chaff » Romney/Ryan 2012
September 05, 11:20pm

Re: JMT Trail List...help!
Bob - Not disputing it can rain - and rain substantially - in the Sierra during the summer months. But this is a relatively uncommon phenomena. I agree that few people would regret carrying a go...

In Gear Lists » JMT Trail List...help!
September 05, 1:17am

Re: JMT Trail List...help!
Steve - If you hike the Sierra in the summerish months, you don't need much. The weather is incredibly good. I hiked with a tarp and a bug bivy (glorified bugnet) and honestly, i setup the t...

In Gear Lists » JMT Trail List...help!
September 05, 12:31am

Re: Romney/Ryan 2012
R S - *SIGH* I can surmise from your posts that you are more interested in baiting people than engaging in a frank and honest discussion as to the merits of the respective candidates for off...

September 05, 12:00am

On Taxes
"Top 10% of earners pay 70% of the taxes. Bottom 50% of earners pay 2%. Almost half pay no taxes. So you want to add more to the top 10%. Doesn't really seem fair to me. I think we have a ...

August 13, 4:10pm

Regardless of who wins
There are some sobering issues that will need to be dealt with: 1) The United States currently spends approximately 18 percent of its GDP on health care. That is far and away more than any other...

August 13, 2:49am

Re: Pain and misery?
Well, I find low-grade pain manageable, misery more or less related to my food/water situation! I would concur with Greg, among sections of the PCT in Washington, it's easier than many, but...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Pain and misery?
July 17, 12:29am

Re: Cascade's Alpine Lakes in September
Gerry - The Goat Rocks is an excellent backpacking trip. You can hike it a number of ways, I think you would enjoy hiking from the Mt. Adams side along the Pacific Crest Trail and traveling the ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Cascade's Alpine Lakes in September
July 16, 11:26pm

All Reader Reviews by Dirk Rabdau

Dirk Rabdau has posted no reviews.