Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bradford Rogers (Mocs123) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeast Tennessee
About Me Bradford Rogers has not added a biography yet.
StateTennessee
My Website URLhttp://www.facebook.com/groups/228683055956?ap=1
My PDF Gear ListPecos Wilderness Late May 2015

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bradford Rogers

Showing 11 - 20 of 2034 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...204

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Gates of the Artic National Park Alaska - Late August
The fire bans in the park are now lifted. The early forecasts are pretty lousy though. Hopefully things look better then they are saying now: High temps in the high 30's and low 40's fo...

In Gear Lists » Gates of the Artic National Park Alaska - August
August 14, 6:30am

Re: Alternative to Patagonia Baggies shorts
One thing of note is that the Patagonia Baggies are made of Nylon whereas pretty much every other running shorts are made of Polyester. Nylon is more expensive and doesn't have as good of feel...

In GEAR » Alternative to Patagonia Baggies shorts
August 09, 8:52am

Re: Hiking footwear, your top 5
1.)Salomon XA Pro 3d 2.) everything else ymmv

In GEAR » Hiking footwear, your top 5
August 07, 11:04am

Re: Re: Looking to add protein to my backpacking diet
Thanks for the help. I think I will try substituting some vanilla protien mix for nido with my cold granola in the mornings or just have as a drink. I made a few other changes as well and now sho...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Looking to add protein to my backpacking diet
August 05, 10:45am

Looking to add protein to my backpacking diet
I am doing a two week trip later this summer and am looking into ways to add protein to my diet which is currently high in fats and carbs. I do have a a few parameters: I only do hot dinners - ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Looking to add protein to my backpacking diet
August 04, 9:32am

Re: Silnylon v cuben
Cuben has many great uses but a floor isn't one of them IMO. It has great tear strength and low stretch making it great for shelters but has poor puncture and abrasion resistance making it a ...

In GEAR » New MLD Solomid owner with questions
August 03, 8:49pm

Re: Bear Paw/ZPacks
During heavy bug pressure I use a inner net (not a bivy fan). When bugs are not an issue I just use a polycro(sp) floor from Gossamer Gear. (polycro is industrial heat shrink film and can be pur...

In GEAR » New MLD Solomid owner with questions
August 03, 12:26pm

Re: Mods to ULA Circuit / GG Mariposa for 35-40lbs?
I don't have a new one but I do have an older Mariposia Plus. As with most UL framed packs how the frame is attached to the belt (or how it isn't) and how the belt attaches to the pack is ...

In GEAR » Mods to ULA Circuit / GG Mariposa for 35-40lbs?
August 02, 8:46pm

Re: Thanks!
The new dyneema HMG packs are full woven dyneema and are not the same as the dyneema grid used by Z-Packs, ULA, Golite, Exped Lightning, etc. Only the white "grid" pattern is dyneema fib...

In GEAR » Pack for when GG Gorilla overburdened?
August 01, 8:22pm

Re: Pack for when GG Gorilla overburdened?
Perhaps an Exped Lightning 45? Other options might be the Seek Outside Unaweep 3900 (probably the best load hauler), ZPacks Arc Haul, HMG Porter, Cilogear WorkSack 45.

In GEAR » Pack for when GG Gorilla overburdened?
August 01, 9:49am

All Reader Reviews by Bradford Rogers

Bradford Rogers has posted no reviews.