Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug Smith (Jedi5150) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Central CA
About Me LEO K9 handler, with SAR, EMS background.
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug Smith

Showing 11 - 20 of 355 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...36

Forum » Thread

Three Sisters
"I'm going to explore stuff close by on my own, instead of traveling farther afield to meet up with others. Mt. Hood Three Sisters" Katherine, please, please, please post a pr...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Where are you excited to go in 2015?
January 14, 11:48pm

Re: Re: Re: DM?
""I'm only saying it is usually a bad idea to try and critique someone's performance when I wasn't in their situation." We do this with many other professions from do...

In Chaff » Cops will face charges for killing wilderness backpacker.
January 14, 1:25pm

Re: DM?
Thanks for moving it mods! Dave T, I can't find the video. Do you have a link to it? Like I said, I don't like to armchair quarterback, but I'd be happy to watch it and give some ...

January 13, 10:54pm

K9
"I saw the film. Why didn't they use the dogs to take him down? Isnt that what they are trained to do? I was shocked to see them shoot the man when they had dogs right there. Two dogs coul...

January 13, 9:53pm

Re: wilderness backpacker?
Warning: Wall of text inbound I've sat silently for as long as I could (admittedly not very long haha). I've been very impressed by the level-headedness of the majority of responses so ...

January 13, 8:41pm

Iceberg Lake
Larry, thanks for the trip report and the excellent photos! I attempted that same trip in reverse this past September, but my heavy pack-weight got the better of me and I only made it to Minaret L...

In Post-Trip Reports » Ediza and lakes of the Ritter Range, Sierra Nevada, California
January 13, 1:24pm

view
This is the kind of thing that makes me wish I didn't have vision problems. My vision is quite bad, and I wear rigid gas-permeable contact lenses. Whether I had a tent or a tarp with a view, ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » do tarps really open yourself up to the outdoors?
January 13, 1:15pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: RE: What our gear says about us...
You might be right, Billy, and I know we have members who have been to third world countries here who can answer for certain. But I keep remembering the video series with Charly Boorman and Ewan M...

In GEAR » What our gear says about us...
January 12, 11:59pm

Re: Re: RE: What our gear says about us...
"Not sure what mine says about me... I have literally dozens of jackets: puffies, synthetics, fleeces, LOVE 'EM!...and I live in one of the hottest places on earth. Seriously." ...

January 12, 11:29pm

Re: Re: Packing your hopes
"So you pack your fear of a normal trip." If that's a normal trip for you, we've got to start backpacking together! ;-)

January 12, 12:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug Smith

Doug Smith has posted no reviews.