BPL Community Profile

Doug Smith (Jedi5150) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central CA
About Me LEO K9 handler, with SAR, EMS background.
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug Smith

Showing 11 - 20 of 251 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...26

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Underquilt
Thanks Andrew and David, that helps a lot. I'm starting to realize how lucky I've been on my summer Sierra backpacking trips. On my last trip, I took my 40* synthetic quilt that I just us...

In Hammocks » Underquilt for the Sierras
February 01, 2:58pm

Underquilt for the Sierras
Hello all, I just purchased my first hammock, and I can't wait to get it and give it a shot. After seeing Doug I's Warbonnet Blackbird at GGG, I fell in love with it. I'd been on the ...

In Hammocks » Underquilt for the Sierras
February 01, 12:39pm

Re: 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
"... Then my 8-year-old said, "I miss how I can hear him always typing on the computer and saying "Blah blah blah, this backpack has a lot of pockets blah blah blah." Steve...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
January 28, 10:29pm

Re: Names
Kat, it was nice meeting you as well. Don't feel bad about names at all. There were a lot of people there and way too many names to remember. I figure this was just year one for me, hopefull...

January 26, 11:56pm

Re: Back from the GGG
my friend Adam, and I also were only able to stay Friday night, and hike out Saturday. Ken, thanks for organizing such a great event. I'm sure that a lot of work went into it, and it is much ...

January 26, 12:46pm

Tacticool
Sorry, not much help, but I had to laugh at the tacticool comment, it immediately made me think of the shemagh: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/ea-gear-shemagh-arab-scrim-scarf-8058.html#.UuGjcunTmM8 ...

In GEAR » Any suggestions for an Ultralight EDC bag?
January 23, 4:22pm

Re: Where at in the Sierra?
Thanks for the continued suggestions, folks. I'm really leaning towards the 20* bag now. Alex, I should have addressed that. Most of my backpacking has been on the Eastern side, out of Mammo...

In GEAR » 3 season sleeping bag for Sierras
January 23, 11:56am

Re: Re: 3 season sleeping bag for Sierras
I appreciate the responses and insights. I think I'm leaning towards the 20* bag, particularly since I don't really have puffy clothes, and I sleep cold. I also have a 40* quilt that I am...

January 22, 10:48pm

3 season sleeping bag for Sierras
Hello all, I know that sleeping bags and temp ratings are an individual thing, but I'm hoping to get some advice before laying out a lot of cash. I'm looking for a down bag (my first.....

January 22, 9:34pm

night temps
I only have two sleeping bag options at the moment. One is a large, fairly heavy synthetic 0*F mummy bag. The other is a synthetic 40* quilt. Based on these weather forecasts I'm thinking I ...

January 22, 12:16am

All Reader Reviews by Doug Smith

Doug Smith has posted no reviews.