Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug Smith (Jedi5150) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Central CA
About Me LEO K9 handler, with SAR, EMS background.
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug Smith

Showing 11 - 20 of 348 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...35

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: RE: What our gear says about us...
You might be right, Billy, and I know we have members who have been to third world countries here who can answer for certain. But I keep remembering the video series with Charly Boorman and Ewan M...

In GEAR » What our gear says about us...
January 12, 11:59pm

Re: Re: RE: What our gear says about us...
"Not sure what mine says about me... I have literally dozens of jackets: puffies, synthetics, fleeces, LOVE 'EM!...and I live in one of the hottest places on earth. Seriously." ...

January 12, 11:29pm

Re: Re: Packing your hopes
"So you pack your fear of a normal trip." If that's a normal trip for you, we've got to start backpacking together! ;-)

January 12, 12:49pm

Packing your hopes
This has been a much more fun thread than I thought it would be. A few of the responses have been priceless. Like Kat, I have never been a "packing your fears" person either. In fact...

January 12, 1:06am

Esbit
So far I have everything but an alcohol stove. I have a couple of the MSR whisperlites that can run on all kinds of fuel (handy for my motorcycle trips because I can run them on 91 octane), two Es...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I'm converted to light wieght
January 10, 12:12pm

Re: Re: Re: In biking, we call it "Ride Your Own Ride"
I'm happy to point it out for you Greg: " I also have some bridges for sale if anyones interested" -Translation: Not only do I not believe that his packs are worth their incred...

In GEAR » What Dan McHale has to say about UL backpacks
January 08, 1:25pm

Balaclava
I can't speak to your quilts, as my only quilt is a 30*, and I'm a cold sleeper. I have a 0* synthetic bag and I froze my butt off at 15* with it. But I do want to mention the fleece ...

In Winter Hiking » Did I go overboard on a sleeping system for 0*?
January 08, 1:24am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Greg, Dude, you are WAY out of line.
As for the not ever envying someone for having something you don't...I'll have to take your word on that. Some folks have toys/ houses, property, jobs, etc. that I'd absolutely love to...

January 08, 1:07am

Re: Re: Greg, Dude, you are WAY out of line.
Gregory, you remind me of a KLR owner. When I run into folks who ride a KLR 650 as their adventure bike, they often think I'm totally nuts for paying for a BMW R1200. I get comments like, &qu...

January 07, 11:27pm

Re: Re: Re: re: treeline
Will do Katherine! I'll report back with my findings, and photos. :)

In Hammocks » Treeline hammocking talk
January 07, 9:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug Smith

Doug Smith has posted no reviews.