BPL Community Profile

Doug Smith (Jedi5150) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central CA
About Me LEO K9 handler, with SAR, EMS background.
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug Smith

Showing 11 - 20 of 286 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...29

Forum » Thread

High Trail
Sounds like a great trip Rod! David T gave some awesome suggestions. Bodie State Historic Park is really a must-see if your family has any interest at all in the American "Old West", ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » 3 day trip suggestions in Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion
September 02, 1:54pm

Re: Re: APS-C
"It's not only a 1.5 crop factor it changes the aperture also right? So a 50mm f2 acts like a 75mm f??? Right?" You got me...I would have answered that question "f/2&qu...

In Photography » photo math
September 01, 10:14pm

APS-C
Tough to top what Bob said, he gave excellent info and examples. I only just recently learned that some APS-C sensors were a crop factor of 1.5. I'd always heard of them as being 1.6 crop ...

In Photography » photo math
September 01, 8:53pm

Re: GGG
I really appreciate all the work you've put into these GGG events, Ken. This year was the first I've attended, so I have no perspective regarding the earlier, smaller gatherings. So comin...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Bay Area GGG Host
August 31, 12:44pm

RX100
Hi Jennifer, I'm late to the party (for all I know you're out on the JMT as we speak...in which case I'm very jealous). :) I just wanted to add I think you made a great choice in...

In Photography » OH NO!!! More decisions???
August 29, 11:51am

Caltopo
JJ, I've got my fingers crossed for both you and your father's trip as well as mine. :) Thanks for the link to Caltopo, that is fun to play around with. David, beautiful photos. I thin...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Thousand Island, Catherine, Ediza, Minaret loop in September
August 28, 11:44am

Knife
I recently spent an evening around a campfire with a group of coworkers and the knife discussion came up. One of the guys had a big 1/4" thick, 7" blade survival style knife and we had l...

In GEAR » is a knife a non-essential item?
August 28, 11:23am

Re: Other options
Thanks Richard, I checked out those two 14mm primes from Rockinon and Samyang. I wasn't aware there were any wides available for the full-frame E-mount and sure enough, you're right. They...

In Photography » New Sony A7R
August 26, 12:17pm

Re: Re: Thousand Island, Catherine, Ediza, Minaret loop in September
Thanks for the suggestions David! I haven't had a watch for the past two years, when mine finally broke (I hate wearing them). So I decided to plunk down $34 to get the very last one REI had ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Thousand Island, Catherine, Ediza, Minaret loop in September
August 26, 12:12pm

Watch
Joseph, a watch is not a bad idea. I don't currently own one, but I can probably find one with an alarm for cheap. I'll absolutely put up my better photos. Don't expect too much, my ...

August 25, 1:25pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug Smith

Doug Smith has posted no reviews.