Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Alan henson (355spider) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale DFW
About Me Alan henson has not added a biography yet.
CityDALLAS
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Alan henson

Showing 11 - 20 of 32 | Page: 1 2 3 4

Forum » Thread

How long do fuel canisters last?
I guess a better question is how many cups of water can they boil?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How long do fuel canisters last?
May 20, 9:17pm

Cages are bad
Yeah I tell patients all the time to never let them put hardware in your spine. Virtually 100% if the disabled people I have treated over the years have has cages in their spine. I was a gymnast ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Knee Replacement - are my hiking days over?
May 20, 9:08am

Impossible
Don't worry you didn't gain that in fat. There's about 3500 calories in a pound of fat so unless you were able to eat about 12000 calories in a few days, above what you burned then it&#...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Weight gain on backpacking trip
May 20, 8:57am

Thats funny
I can't believe people would really think you could eat Jello for protein. Beans don't have all the essential amino acids to make complete proteins in humans either. Add rice to it and you&...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Don't use jello for protein
May 13, 4:09pm

Pedialyte
I just spoke to another patient yesterday who does mountain bike racing events(50+mi). He told me switching to pedialyte has made a world of difference for him. He said he drinks a lot less liquid ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » post-exercise refueling?
May 13, 3:55pm

Nitrates
Yes nitrates and nitrites are wicked bad for you.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » salami on the trail without nitrites/trates
May 13, 3:39pm

I own a rehab clinic
Besides having a good Doc do the surgery the one aspect you will have to think about is mileage. Knee replacements done in your 50s will likely have to be replaced again so you just have to think a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Knee Replacement - are my hiking days over?
May 13, 3:32pm

Incredible sale
I ordered a Shangri La 5, two bags, two pants. Woohoo! This is really high quality stuff for the price.

In Gear Deals » Crazy Golite Sale
May 13, 8:01am

chair
If you'll take $40 for the chair i'm in.

In Gear Swap » FS: ALITE CHAIR, ICEBREAKER 200 ZIP NECK L, BLACK DIAMOND SPEED 28L BACKPACK
May 07, 4:12pm

Re: Re: What would you carry 35-40 lbs with?
Yeah that sounds about where I am. I think I will keep it. I like it a lot. It's heavy but sturdy and very comfortable.

In GEAR » What would you carry 35-40 lbs with?
May 03, 3:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Alan henson

Alan henson has posted no reviews.