BPL Community Profile

Henry Shires (07100) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Henry Shires hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me President
Tarptent, Inc.
CityNevada City
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.tarptent.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Henry Shires

Showing 11 - 20 of 365 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...37

Forum » Thread

Re: hilleberg vs tarptent
Sean, you've said that a couple of times on these forums and even generated a return order for the DR but then never returned it. I see now that you never ordered one from us so not sure whe...

In GEAR » Cloudburst 3 vs. Anjan 3
August 28, 12:08pm

Re: Re: Brainstorm: Tyvek + Never Wet?
My take is that anything you apply to Tyvek will reduce its breathability and if you do that then you've destroyed its best quality. I agree that Tyvek 1443R--the material we use in the Sublit...

In GEAR » Brainstorm: Tyvek + Never Wet?
August 20, 12:14pm

Re: Tarptent Rainbow help
Stephen, That's actually a 2010 or earlier Rainbow. The instructions on the website are for the current model. Please contact us on Monday and I can send you the instructions for your mode...

In GEAR » Tarptent Rainbow help
August 01, 10:25pm

Re: follow up
> He was able to adjust the sleeves where the poles insert so they no longer slip out while setting up. Just FYI, the CB3 pole sleeve straps are now manufactured that way with the strap comin...

In GEAR » CB3/Cloudburst 3 Initial impressions
July 16, 8:11am

Re: Poles
> As far as "following the money", well, it doesn't make much sense considering Hilleberg charges $600 or $800 for their tents and still uses DAC poles. Are we being duped? The...

In GEAR » Cracked alloy tent pole - what to do?
June 11, 9:32am

Re: Re: Cracked alloy tent pole - what to do?
"The DAC poles are clearly lighter than Easton, but at a cost of durability (IMHO)." They're cheaper and sourced in Asia closer to where most tents are made. Follow the money... ...

In GEAR » Cracked alloy tent pole - what to do?
June 10, 10:52pm

Re: shelters
> Two Hexamid twins, would weigh 34.6 oz with the cuben groundsheets. Not including stakes. Add some stakes and then empty the wallet... 2 x ( $350 [Hexamid twin] + $120 [cuben groundshee...

In GEAR » Lightest 3 person shelter for two adults and a child?
May 26, 10:42am

Re: re:
> When will the poles be available to buy separately from the shelters? Troy, I'm sending you order links for the Moment carbon poles. -H

In GEAR » Tarptent Double Rainbow Carbon or Al pole?
May 21, 1:20pm

Re: Tarptent Double Rainbow Carbon or Al pole?
The carbon pole option is a recent addition. We're now offering Easton 6.3 carbon poles for the Rainbow/Double Rainbow and Moment DW. The carbon pole saves 2 ounces and no one can feel the dif...

In GEAR » Tarptent Double Rainbow Carbon or Al pole?
May 21, 8:54am

Re: Cinching up the fly at the foot
".. you'll need to guy it out... aside from the door, four corners, the sides, and the rear. 8 total stakes" According to the manufacturer and to Backpacker, the Imogene 2 is "...

In GEAR » New 2013 Golite Gear
May 14, 10:16am

All Reader Reviews by Henry Shires

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
I have never done this before but in this case I feel that we need to respond publicly to Demetri's complaint. Here is a copy of the letter we sent him today and a link to photos of the destroyed...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 11, 3:54pm