Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Henry Shires (07100) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Henry Shires hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me President
Tarptent, Inc.
CityNevada City
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.tarptent.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Henry Shires

Showing 11 - 20 of 375 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...38

Forum » Thread

Re: Seam sealing weight gain?
I'm late to the party - only just noticed the controversy - but just so everyone relaxes I have now bumped the listed weights for the SS1 and SS2 by 3 ounces and noted that they ship with 6 x 8...

In GEAR » Seam sealing weight gain?
March 28, 5:26pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2 Long Wide Pads in a Double Rainbow
> I'm currently eyeing the new Exped UL 7 MW pads, which have a stated width of 26 inches. I wonder if two of those would be too much for my Double Rainbow though? You wont't hurt any...

In GEAR » 2 Long Wide Pads in a Double Rainbow
March 17, 1:36pm

Re: Re: Stuff it
> The only problem I had was set up. I could never get it up on the first try and found extra guy lines on the apex helped there. Sounds like a problem with pulling a strut-supported end out...

In GEAR » Notch vs Lunar Duo
March 04, 12:02pm

Re: Re: Notch vs Lunar "solo"
> My issue is really the length in that it has a fixed length The struts are 16" so that is the rolled length. Not sure if you want to take them out but they do come out pretty easily t...

February 19, 5:46pm

Re: Notch packing
> Does anyone know the best way to pack a tarptent with carbon struts? The idea with the Notch (and other strut supported models) is to roll it up around the strut supported ends. Stretch t...

February 19, 10:25am

Re: Re: 15D Floor
> ..does anyone know know what the tarptent notch a.. are made from We use 30D fabrics for floors and flys. -H

In GEAR » New REI Quarter Dome Tents
January 28, 10:53pm

Re: Re: New Fabric?
>..not come across mention of them having switched to a new fabric. We have been using the same fabric for nearly two years on the flysheets and the same flooring for about 10 years. It is i...

In GEAR » Can anyone do a weigh in on a contrail and a chrome dome?
January 28, 10:10am

Re: Scarp Mods
And if Ryan actually knew anything about tent design we would all perk up and genuflect at his billowing ego. But then again, he doesn't and no one cares. Ah well..

In GEAR » SCARP 2 winter mods photos
December 03, 9:27pm

Re: Why Doesn't Tarptent Seam Seal Their Tents?
It's a good question but the simple answer is that there is no machine capable of seam-taping siliconized ripstop nylon. If it were machinable we would/could do it but it isn't and we just...

In GEAR » Why Doesn't Tarptent Seam Seal Their Tents?
October 24, 1:25pm

Re: Re: Re: hilleberg vs tarptent
Ah ok, looks like it was ordered by a family member in another state for you. In any event, if we missed some thread trimming and stitch inspection then, again, we would have been happy to exchang...

In GEAR » Cloudburst 3 vs. Anjan 3
August 28, 12:46pm

All Reader Reviews by Henry Shires

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
I have never done this before but in this case I feel that we need to respond publicly to Demetri's complaint. Here is a copy of the letter we sent him today and a link to photos of the destroyed...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 11, 3:54pm