Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Whynot (jdw01776) - BPL Guest

My Locale Southeast Texas
About Me Hiking and backpacking (on and off) since 1976, mainly in the northeastern United States.
CityHouston
StateTX
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Whynot

Showing 1 - 10 of 557 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...56

Forum » Thread

Re: Size?
Measuring from the highest point on the shoulder straps to the middle of the hip belt is 18 inches. Top of the back panel to the bottom of the pack is a little over 21 inches. The pack is about 23 ...

In Gear Swap » FS: Lowe Alpine Attack Pack
February 18, 5:50pm

FS: Lowe Alpine Attack Pack
First "I will take it PM" gets the item, payment via PayPal (I'll handle the PayPal fee), price includes USPS shipping to CONUS. Non-smoking home. Will ship within 1 or 2 days of rece...

In Gear Swap » FS: Lowe Alpine Attack Pack
February 16, 5:26pm

Re: Glacier Peak Wilderness
Try Greentrails maps -- website (www.greentrailsmaps.com), or purchase at REI mothership in Seattle.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Glacier Peak Wilderness
February 08, 4:11pm

Re: FS: Prolite Sleeping Pad, RAB gloves, and GoLite daypack
Sold items shipped -- Gloves still available

In Gear Swap » FS: Prolite Sleeping Pad, RAB gloves, and GoLite daypack
January 09, 6:07pm

All PM's replied to

January 07, 5:57pm

I will reply to all PM's tonight after work -- no access to personal e-mail at work...

January 07, 10:37am

FS: Prolite Sleeping Pad, RAB gloves, and GoLite daypack
First "I will take it PM" gets the item, payment via PayPal (I'll handle the PayPal fee), price includes USPS shipping to CONUS. Non-smoking home. Will ship within 1 or 2 days of ...

January 06, 6:16pm

Re: Re: Lighter foot powder substitute for smelly feet?
+1 on what Dale says I put Gold Bond Maximum in a snap-top poly shaker container. With powder, it's about an ounce in weight, and will last through a 5 day trip. An empty plastic shaker-t...

In GEAR » Lighter foot powder substitute for smelly feet?
December 29, 11:51am

Re: Is a softshell jacket necessary?
Necessary -- Probably not, but nice to have. I did a 6-day glacial mountaineering course on Mt Baker 2 summers ago. I brought a Marmot Vapor Trail hoody soft shell. I wore it every day. On t...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Is a softshell jacket necessary?
December 07, 6:27am

Re: Winter footwear
Since you already use the Sorels when snowshoeing, why don't you stick with those. Use VBL socks to keep the liners dry, and also bring a spare pair of liners...

In GEAR » Winter footwear
November 29, 12:29pm

All Reader Reviews by John Whynot

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

StickPic camera mount
A clever, well-engineered, and lightweight (0.35 ounces by my scale) gadget for mounting a camera on the tip of a trekking pole. Should work with any compact camera with a tripod socket. Works ver...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
June 16, 10:55am

BPL Thorofare Trekking Pants
I purchased these as a replacement for my overbuilt Montbell Stretch Windpants. The fabric of the Trekking pants is a microgrid ripstop nylon, with a slightly textured inner surface. Size medium...

In Clothing - Raingear
December 07, 8:31pm