BPL Community Profile

Paul Rancuret (viking8388) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale North Texas
About Me Some people think I backpack as an excuse to take pictures. Other people think I take pictures as an excuse to backpack. I think they're both right
My Website URLhttp://www.backpackinglight.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Rancuret

Showing 1 - 10 of 22 | Page: 1 2 3

Forum » Thread

RE: Light insulated cup
Nice. What does it weight without the lid?

In GEAR » Light insulated cup
January 18, 1:01am

RE: ENELOOP
I have a bunch of AA and AAA ENELOOP batteries, and have been pleased with them. Granted, they don't last quite as long as alkaline batteries, but they last long enough to be worthwhile (I can...

In GEAR » Anyone hear of these batteries?
January 18, 12:23am

RE: Socks
Just out of curiosity, I picked up a pair of these Injinji "toe-ed" socks , and found that I really like them. Even though I've never had problems with blisters between my toes, my ...

In GEAR » Backpacking socks?
January 12, 1:48pm

RE: BPL Guyline Tensioners
The guyline tensioners that BPL sells can be purchased from Fisheries Supply in Seattle. Here's the link: http://www.fisheriessupply.com/online/search.asp/mode/1/Ntt/clamcleat/N/%2d124941...

In GEAR » Guyline Tensioners
January 11, 10:54pm

Re: Ethics
It is comforting to see that there is a unanimous opinion here! I don't work at REI, but I'm there often enough that the store manager keeps joking that I need to fill out an application...

In Chaff » Ethics and REI Return Policy
January 11, 10:48pm

RE: Helium EQ
Thanks Tony for the excellent description! PLR

In GEAR » Rab Q600 or Marmot Helium ?
January 09, 9:43pm

RE: Helium EQ
Tony, Can you elaborate on how you went about seam sealing your Helium EQ? Thanks, PLR ( Ancelin - Sorry about stealing your thread :) )

In GEAR » Rab Q600 or Marmot Helium ?
January 07, 7:41pm

RE: Do you love your mug? (some more)
Rod - Looking through my cupboard, it would appear that I nabbed the lid from my Sportsmans Warehouse travel mug (shown below with the lid on). This mug is made by Liquid Solutions. ...

In GEAR » Do you love your mug?
September 28, 10:27pm

fixed blades
If you can live without the partially serrated blade, then Spyderco has some interesting options: 1) Bill Moran (FB01) at 3.0oz 2) Bill Moran Drop Point (FB02) at 3.0oz 3) Kumo (FB11) at 3...

In GEAR » Good lightweight fixed blade knife + sheath, preferably straight + serrated blade
September 28, 9:29pm

RE: Do you love your mug?
I took an MSR Titan (single wall) mug, removed the handles and slid one of those thin foam cozies around. Works great and only weights 55g (which is just one gram more than what MSR claims the mug...

In GEAR » Do you love your mug?
September 26, 10:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul Rancuret

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Patagonia Men's Wool 2 Crew long sleeve
Purchased a Wool 2 L/S Crew a few weeks ago when Backcountry.com was having their 20% off sale. I have a couple Smartwool tops and a couple Icebreaker tops, all of which work great. Bought the Woo...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
January 08, 11:51pm