Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Andy Blackwell (vash1012) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Andy Blackwell hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Andy Blackwell has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy Blackwell

Showing 1 - 10 of 35 | Page: 1 2 3 4

Forum » Thread

trail pix
I'm taking one with me on the JMT in 3 weeks. I'll report back how it goes. I was going to use it with a DSLR weighing about 3.5 lbs, but I've decided to just take a Sony Nex ~1 lb now....

In Photography » Trekking pole tripod solution - Trailpix - Kickstarter
July 27, 6:13pm

Wow
Sounds amazing! I was planning on doing a Rim2Rim in a few weeks but I chickened out since I'll be starting the JMT 3 or 4 days after that and I didn't want to injure myself or something...

In Post-Trip Reports » Grand Canyon Rim2Rim2Rim 2-day hike
July 27, 6:03pm

solo
I started hiking and traveling solo because I didn't know anyone who really liked backpacking for more than 6-8 miles a day and traveling in remote parts of other countries. Now, I really d...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Findings on going solo
July 27, 5:04pm

WTB 40 degree quilt <$200
I'm slim and 5'11 so regular sizing usually fits. Not concerned about synthetic vs down, but needs to be <1.5 lbs and compressible. Thanks

In Gear Swap » WTB 40 degree quilt <$200
June 28, 6:58am

Thanks
Thanks for the info guys. I am starting in mid August and will be done probably Sept. 1st-ish. And I dunno, Billy. I think the people here had some good information. "There's no way to...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Water conditions on the JMT this year
June 04, 3:25pm

Water conditions on the JMT this year
Anyone have any insight into how the water conditions on the JMT will be this year with the ongoing drought? I hear a 1 liter water bottle is usually enough. Will that be the case this year?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Water conditions on the JMT this year
May 30, 7:30pm

a
If the ground is suitable for it, I lengthen my trekking poles on the moderate uphill slopes that aren't too terribly rocky. I lean forward a bit, push the pole into the ground an inch or two b...

In Philosophy & Technique » Trekking poles up hill adjustment
May 13, 1:36am

Bear vault
Please let me know how it goes with keeping the plain food out of the bearvault. I purchased a bearvault 450 also before I figured out exactly how much of a detour the Onion Valley Trailhead into I...

In Gear Lists » Gear advice/list for partial JMT trip
April 23, 5:11pm

Iceland
I say this statement with absolute sincerity: Iceland does not close things without a really, really good reason. This country is not risk-averse like America and Europe. They don't put rai...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Iceland in April
April 02, 1:55pm

Sounds good
Please check back with this message and let us know how it went. I'll be in Zion for 2-3 days later in the year after doing the JMT so I'm looking for something similar to option 2 as well.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Trans-Zion variations in two days?
March 29, 7:41am

All Reader Reviews by Andy Blackwell

Andy Blackwell has posted no reviews.