Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

paul buzzard (troop208) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale paul buzzard hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me paul buzzard has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by paul buzzard

Showing 1 - 10 of 87 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Forum » Thread

pole wraps
I use rubber bike inner tube cut to length needed, stretchy, holds like a rock, and very adapatable to any dual pole combination you want to put together.

In GEAR » trek pole grips and using two poles for 6' tent pole
December 04, 7:49am

adding
You can certainly do it, I have on a couple of bags. Calling WM to see if you can get information on the bag itself will help you find the right place. Don't be afraid of cutting a slit, if y...

In GEAR » Adding down to a WM Ultralight as a DIY project?
July 07, 11:41am

try before u buy
You have great insight already. My .02 (I own a MB ULSS #1) is that one bag can do it all, invest in a high quality down one, money well spent. But I think you should take all the advise on where...

In GEAR » 15 degree bag for 3-three season in the PNW?
April 29, 8:08am

fit
If you really like the way the pack fits, that is worth a lot, to me, anyway. I shopped for a pack a long time, and bought that exact pack in 2007, because it fit great, and boy scout packing so...

In GEAR » Trimming my Aether 70--Get a new bag or cut it up?
April 27, 9:30am

sorting
Lefty, In the down I sorted, the clumps always had a feather in the center, just had to get it out, clump remained in the new pile. Think the clump started as a feather, then the down got tangl...

In Make Your Own Gear » Question about down
March 23, 6:53am

sleeping arrangements
I think it depends on your crew. We had 13, two lady adults, another male adult, and me, (adult most times, lol). To make the "best" use of equipment, we had the other male adult sleep ...

In Philmont » Parent & Son Tent Buddies?
March 22, 8:30am

down sorting.
I have sorted down before, from some coats that died. You end up with lighter down, no feathers, which, I think should be higher quality down. No easy way around it, I just would take a lump of d...

In Make Your Own Gear » Question about down
March 22, 8:16am

seams
I would add that using/adding either seam grip or shoe goo to the incision sew up will make it bomb proof. Use a tooth pick, get some goo on it, pull it down the length of the repair. It will be ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Adding down to an Ultra 20
February 15, 9:27am

canoe trip
Head nets for everyone, soak your clothes in permetherin, good raingear top, I also vote for double pulley system, one pulley on hanging line, another pulley on a food bag, second food bag attached...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » BSA Northern Tier 2011
January 11, 12:12pm

odd man crew
You can bring any food you want, however it has to start the trip with you. Best way to get more food on the trail is to have an odd man crew, as mentioned. We had 13, got food for 14, was nice o...

In Philmont » Does Philmont allow supplementing your food?
January 11, 12:05pm

All Reader Reviews by paul buzzard

paul buzzard has posted no reviews.