Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

J Thomas Peterson (tpeterson1959) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southwest
About Me I've lived in Vegas for way too long. Originally from the Seattle area. I BP with my wife in the mountains, desert, canyons and along the coast. Also enjoy fishing and car camping.

While I was a Scoutmaster, we BP'd or camped at least once a month (7 years worth). I still get out about every other month.
CityLas Vegas

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by J Thomas Peterson

Showing 1 - 10 of 36 | Page: 1 2 3 4

Forum » Thread

Very nice!
Looks like it a made by a professional!

In Make Your Own Gear » Ultralight karo-step hammock down underquilt with some innovations (?) Video and Pictures!
June 04, 1:45pm

Great Idea!
I think it is very cool that not only do you carry a specific sketch book for each trip, but that you actually make and bind the paper, is revolutionary to me. The idea never even occurred to me! W...

In Make Your Own Gear » Journals and Sketchbooks
April 03, 8:50am

Buddy Backpacker
Just an update on Buddy Backpacker. My wife and I ran into them while in the San Bernardino Mountains in Southern California. Buddy completed the AT as a five year old and is now attempting the...

In Post-Trip Reports » 40 Miles of the AT from Carver's Gap to Dennis Cove
May 21, 2:12pm

Both of you did a great job. I've made several cozies over the years and even keep oe at my desk at work for cup o' soup and another for my water bottle when I want to keep it cold.

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG - Reflectix Pot Cozy
April 04, 11:09pm

Backpacking and Participation
I'm a retired SM and I have some very strong feelings about this issue. The bottom line is if the unit isn’t getting outside, the troop will die. The troop I was associated with had bee...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » How often backpacking?
February 08, 3:29pm

Really Nice
I agree with both Curtis and Brian - a great project and simple enough to not be scary. I'd never even thought about buying Tevyk from Amazon - great idea.

In Make Your Own Gear » 7oz Tyvek bivy sack for $45
May 04, 11:56am

I Like The Stove
Nice kit. I carry something similar with the exception of your stove. I really like the flame pattern and the way you used the shape to help direct the jets. Have a great time and take lots of pics!

In Make Your Own Gear » Video of my cook kit
March 30, 12:04pm

Aluminium Flashing Lid
I cut a lid out of the same aluminium flashing I used to make a wind screen. Not quite as light as titanium, but light, durable and cheap. How about a piece of cardboard wrapped in foil?

In Make Your Own Gear » Pots and lids
March 30, 11:54am

Very Nice
Both look great - and what a great location for your pics! Makes me wonder once again how I ended up in the desert...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Tarp and Bivy
March 23, 4:49pm

I can't add anything that hasn't already been said. Brilliant workmanship.

In Make Your Own Gear » Roll-up stove
March 23, 3:46pm

All Reader Reviews by J Thomas Peterson

J Thomas Peterson has posted no reviews.