BPL Community Profile

J Thomas Peterson (tpeterson1959) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southwest
About Me I've lived in Vegas for way too long. Originally from the Seattle area. I BP with my wife in the mountains, desert, canyons and along the coast. Also enjoy fishing and car camping.

While I was a Scoutmaster, we BP'd or camped at least once a month (7 years worth). I still get out about every other month.
CityLas Vegas
StateNevada
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by J Thomas Peterson

Showing 1 - 10 of 33 | Page: 1 2 3 4

Forum » Thread

Nice
Both of you did a great job. I've made several cozies over the years and even keep oe at my desk at work for cup o' soup and another for my water bottle when I want to keep it cold.

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG - Reflectix Pot Cozy
April 04, 11:09pm

Backpacking and Participation
I'm a retired SM and I have some very strong feelings about this issue. The bottom line is if the unit isn’t getting outside, the troop will die. The troop I was associated with had bee...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » How often backpacking?
February 08, 3:29pm

Really Nice
I agree with both Curtis and Brian - a great project and simple enough to not be scary. I'd never even thought about buying Tevyk from Amazon - great idea.

In Make Your Own Gear » 7oz Tyvek bivy sack for $45
May 04, 11:56am

I Like The Stove
Nice kit. I carry something similar with the exception of your stove. I really like the flame pattern and the way you used the shape to help direct the jets. Have a great time and take lots of pics!

In Make Your Own Gear » Video of my cook kit
March 30, 12:04pm

Aluminium Flashing Lid
I cut a lid out of the same aluminium flashing I used to make a wind screen. Not quite as light as titanium, but light, durable and cheap. How about a piece of cardboard wrapped in foil?

In Make Your Own Gear » Pots and lids
March 30, 11:54am

Very Nice
Both look great - and what a great location for your pics! Makes me wonder once again how I ended up in the desert...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Tarp and Bivy
March 23, 4:49pm

Wow
I can't add anything that hasn't already been said. Brilliant workmanship.

In Make Your Own Gear » Roll-up stove
March 23, 3:46pm

Great Blog and Great Gear!
Good job on both accounts. Your workmanship looks to be very professional, too.

In Make Your Own Gear » My new MYOG Blog
February 24, 10:41am

Great Article
My very first camping experience was when I was only four years old, circa 1964. My dad took my mom, my little brother and me camping along the coast of the Olympic Peninsula. We slept under a plas...

In Editor's Roundtable » MYOG: 3mm Plastic Tarps
February 09, 11:46am

Wow!
First time MYOG! You did a great job. Congratulations.

In Make Your Own Gear » My first DIY Backpack
January 05, 11:01am

All Reader Reviews by J Thomas Peterson

J Thomas Peterson has posted no reviews.