Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Todd Hein (todd1960) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Coastal Southern California
About Me I have been hiking and backpacking since my Boy Scout days in the 60's and 70's. In the past 6 years I've become more interested in lightweight backpacking and hiking. I started a Pacific Crest Trail Hiking and Backpacking Meetup Group that is actively section hiking the PCT.
CityMoorpark
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Todd Hein

Showing 1 - 10 of 213 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...22

Forum » Thread

Wind pants
I'll take these PM your PayPal e-mail address and I'll send the funds.

In Gear Swap » FS: Western Mountaineering hooded Flash Large, Montbell Dynamo wind pants XL
June 20, 1:05pm

Straps for sure...
I have many packs, including the Kalais. The straps on the Kalais work great. Threaded cords do not compress well. Go for the straps like the Kalais....

In GEAR » Pack compression
March 22, 12:51pm

Sub 60
I received my pack too. Very innovative. I look forward to using it. I'd say that one good use would be as a pack for kids to grow into or used by Scout troops and shared.

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL Backpacks
March 06, 2:23pm

My opinion...
On the trail, I've been bitten by dogs, tripped by dogs, jumped on, and awakened by dogs. I'm sure all the owners thought that their dogs were "good", "well-trained" do...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Packing with Dogs
February 11, 1:12pm

PCT Section A - Miles 109.4 to 77.6
We did part of Section A of the Pacific Crest Trail from Warner Springs to Scissors Crossing on Saturday, December 28, 2013 through Sunday, December 29, 2013. We went South Bound from mile 109.4 t...

In Post-Trip Reports » PCT Section A - Miles 109.4 to 77.6
January 07, 3:47pm

2013 Picks - Really?
I'm a stick in the mud I guess: This community is called "Backpacking Light", not Hunting Light, or Kayaking Light, or Packrafting Light, or Mountain Biking Light, right? These are ...

In Editor's Roundtable » 2013 Staff Picks
January 06, 6:13pm

I ordered one!
Looks like a comfortable pack...I ordered one yesterday.

In Gear Deals » Elemental Horizons Pre-Thanksgiving pack special
November 27, 9:25pm

ProdigyX for me!
For once I waited for the right time! Thanks!

In Gear Deals » Enlightened Equipment BlacksGivingCyberSmallBusiness Sale
November 26, 10:39am

GGG Southwest - Interest group forming - May 2014?
I was inspired by Ken's efforts (and attending the 2012 GGG) to try this in Southern California. I ( and my hiking partner Doug Prosser) would like to set something up, maybe in the San Gabrie...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » GGG Southwest - Interest group forming - May 2014?
November 25, 10:35pm

FS: MLD Spirit Quilt 28 XL eVENT - No longer for sale
No longer for sale.

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD Spirit Quilt 28 XL eVENT
December 05, 9:50pm

All Reader Reviews by Todd Hein

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Frogg Toggs Rain Suit
I tried a set of these and returned them right away. The fabric would be OK, but the sewing and sizing are terrible. These are apparently designed for fat people: To get even close to adequate len...

In Clothing - Raingear
January 22, 8:31am