BPL Community Profile

Tony Burnett (tlbj6142) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale OH--IO
About Me Tony Burnett has not added a biography yet.
CityColumbus
StateOH

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tony Burnett

Showing 1 - 10 of 191 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Forum » Thread

PCT trip report index?
Webmaster -- Is there an index to these three stories? If not, why don't I see the other "parts" even mentioned in this write-up? Just seems a bit odd. Especially if someone wer...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hiking Through Hyperbole: Blisters and Fire
February 11, 7:10am

Re: tent
"I didn't see any rain on my trip; you will have to rig your own rain protection over the Wenzel as the seams and walls seem pretty thin." I bought my 60 yo father that same tent (...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Backpacking, Wal-Mart Style
December 08, 5:43am

Plus 2 performance...
This past Thanksgiving (at the last minute) my wife let me skip out on family activities (actually she used me to skip out), so I planned a 48 hour trip to a local trail. Given the reduced day-lig...

In Editor's Roundtable » Petzl Tikka XP2 and Tikka Plus2 LED Headlamp Reviews
February 03, 5:34am

Re: What a beautiful baby!
>>What are your plans when the baby gets too heavy to carry? With my children (now, 6, 9, 12), once they hit about 2yo, we had to change our plans a bit. Shorter hikes and base-camping li...

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking: Baby on Board
November 11, 5:40am

Re: Re: adjustable torso and Ohm's pockets...
I know this is old thread, but I don't get back here often... Maybe the Ohm I saw was a prototype (it is owned by a ULA employee), so it is possible the pockets are taller now than those I s...

In Editor's Roundtable » Gossamer Gear Gorilla Backpack Review
November 03, 1:28pm

adjustable torso and Ohm's pockets...
"Re: Adjustable Torso, that's just soooooo unnecessary, I am amazed that something like that gets mentioned on a BPL review. It gets used exactly once, and then that's it (Exception fr...

In Editor's Roundtable » Gossamer Gear Gorilla Backpack Review
October 20, 9:19am

Private video...
I can't watch the attached you tube video as it claims to be "private".

In Editor's Roundtable » Turbo Bear Bag Hanging
September 10, 6:41am

Re: Not all in DS I suspect.
That pipeline shot is from RP Yeah, I didn't recognize that photo from any trail I've been on in DS, but I know there are few I haven't walked. Using DS, DSN and RP ought to make fo...

In Post-Trip Reports » Dolly Sods West Virginia - June 6-10 2009
September 04, 1:49pm

50-miles in DS?
Your 50-miler was completely within DS and DSN? I didn't realize it was even possible to hike 50 miles in that small area. I once did a 24 mile hike with my father and felt like I hiked just ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Dolly Sods West Virginia - June 6-10 2009
September 04, 7:36am

Asked and answered...
I'll answer my own question now that I have more carefully read the above article... "As I hiked across the boundary of the existing wilderness and into the new expansion, an area known...

In Editor's Roundtable » New Wilderness! Dolly Sods North & Roaring Plains West
September 02, 9:32am

All Reader Reviews by Tony Burnett

Tony Burnett has posted no reviews.