BPL Community Profile

Terry Hoover (thoover1968) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Texas
About Me Terry Hoover has not added a biography yet.
CityDallas / Ft Worth

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Terry Hoover

Showing 1 - 10 of 24 | Page: 1 2 3

Forum » Thread

GoLite Wisp
Has anyone used the GoLite Wisp? $50 and 4 oz sounds pretty enticing...might be worth trying out.

In GEAR » Budget Wind Shirt and Rain Jacket
August 14, 1:37pm

Houdini
XXL and "fitted" don't typically go together I guess.

August 14, 1:35pm

Double duty?
Thanks Ian. What brand of buttondown were you wearing? Regarding your comment on the need for a windshirt...it is unlikely that I would wear it while backpacking/hiking...only when resting or i...

August 14, 1:16pm

Budget Wind Shirt and Rain Jacket
Looking for a budget Wind Shirt and Rain Jacket. $50-$75 each... I am an XXL (for now...will be an XL in a few months...still, 6'3" and broad shoulders) Windshirts I've looked at ...

August 14, 12:55pm

Thank you
Thanks for the great responses guys. The Catalyst and Volt seem to be getting me closer (and staying on budget). That said, I might be better off using my Alps for now and spending the same dolla...

In GEAR » "Light" weight backpack to carry 40-50 lbs
August 12, 1:12pm

Lighter pack
Thanks Dale. Wasn't necessarily looking for UL, but lighter. Personally, my BW is a bit south of 20 lbs (so barely lightweight) with a ~ 2 lb pack but didn't want to throw 40 lbs at it. ...

August 12, 12:14pm

"Light" weight backpack to carry 40-50 lbs
Is there such a thing as a lightweight backpack that will carry 40-50 lbs? I am hoping to start backpacking with my four kids and will need to carry most of the food, cooking gear, and shelter. A...

August 12, 11:57am

Thanks again
Thanks for the additional information on other sources Bob. I was leaning toward the aluminum, probably more so after your comment. Not too worried about the 4 oz penalty (but don't tell anyo...

In Gear Swap » WTB: 45" poles for SMD Skyscape Tent
August 22, 9:28am

Thanks
Thanks Bob. Am ready to order from SMD in a day or two but just seeing if someone wants to offload a set. Perhaps someone upgraded from alum to carbon...

August 22, 9:02am

WTB: 45" poles for SMD Skyscape Tent
Have the tent but need two 45" poles for when I don't take my trekking poles. Aluminum or carbon fiber. Thanks. Terry

August 22, 8:48am

All Reader Reviews by Terry Hoover

Terry Hoover has posted no reviews.