Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

terry a thompson (terry588) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale West
About Me backpacker/ hiker, Nepal, Kilimanjaro,Scotland,Machu Picchu, PCT. gear maker
CitySan Diego
StateCa.
CountryU.S.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by terry a thompson

Showing 1 - 10 of 81 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Forum » Thread

Re: Backpack, Patagonia Apparel, Hyrdation Tube, Bear Spray, Ski Pants, Mittens, Hip Belt, Wind Screen, Freebies
I will take the ULA hip belt. send paypal info. to tathompson46@gmail.com Thanks

In Gear Swap » Backpack, Patagonia Apparel, Hyrdation Tube, Bear Spray, Ski Pants, Mittens, Hip Belt, Wind Screen, Freebies
November 20, 3:50pm

Re: Re: Super-Awesome TIP OF THE DAY!!! (warning, thread may be too awesome for some viewers)
This maybe an old tip. I use a self adhesive screen protector for all my electronics, watch crystal, GPS, camera screen and phone screen.

In Philosophy & Technique » Super-Awesome TIP OF THE DAY!!! (warning, thread may be too awesome for some viewers)
November 06, 3:12pm

Re: Air pad stored inflated?
I inflate the pad, leave it inflated for a while. Then open the valve and put it under the bed. This takes care of any memory the foam in the pad might have had if it were to sit rolled with all th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Post Hike Checklist Contest
October 23, 5:24pm

Re: Post Hike Checklist Contest
1. As soon as you return, sit down on patio or garage floor and take one thing out of the pack at a time and ask the questions. DID I USE THIS ITEM? If not, is it part of my 10 essentials or an int...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Post Hike Checklist Contest
October 22, 3:05pm

Re: Best way to clean / disinfect your Platypus
I use effervescent denture tablets. Usually 2 per 100L platy or camel-back. I only fill them about half with warm water and then push the rest of the air out. That way you have water on all surface...

In GEAR » Best way to clean / disinfect your Platypus
October 19, 12:19pm

Re: WTB: Youth external-frame pack
This is a great starter pack for a new scout. It only weighs about 2 lbs. and is large enough for all gear and for $30.We have had scouts take this pack to Philmont and it was totally adequate. ht...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Youth external-frame pack
August 12, 11:43am

Re: Non-Toxic Adhesive for DIY Sawyer Squeeze Adaptor
I used PVC water pipe glue from the hardware store worked great and doesn't leak,

In Make Your Own Gear » Non-Toxic Adhesive for DIY Sawyer Squeeze Adaptor
August 01, 2:35pm

Lloyd Gust Trail Angel
For those Hikers that new him, one of the finest people on this earth! http://www.eathomas.com/2014/06/26/tribute-to-lloyd-gust-trail-angel/

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Lloyd Gust Trail Angel
July 11, 8:53pm

Re: Delmar's Poll
Thanks Delmar and Roger, Great work and very interesting!

In Editor's Roundtable » Delmar's Poll
July 09, 1:32pm

Re: Re: Bear Creek
Jennifer, I am with you. Our resupply box is already on its way to VVR. wouldn't miss it, great people!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Lake Edison Ferry
July 04, 10:38am

All Reader Reviews by terry a thompson

terry a thompson has posted no reviews.