BPL Community Profile

terry a thompson (terry588) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale West
About Me backpacker/ hiker, Nepal, Kilimanjaro,Scotland,Machu Picchu, PCT. gear maker
CitySan Diego
StateCa.
CountryU.S.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by terry a thompson

Showing 1 - 10 of 61 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Forum » Thread

Re: Permethrin tick repellent for clothing
I bought a bottle of Permethrin concentrate at the local feed & grain store and mix it with water. I use the same consistency as the Sawyers. The concentrate cost was $8.00 for 8 oz. I have use...

In GEAR » Permethrin tick repellent for clothing
April 14, 5:43pm

Re: Re: seafood chowder
Thanks Sarah and Valerie, I will try the Asian markets for the dehydrated sea food i want to use before i try dehydrating the canned. The recipe looks really good. I am surprised i didn't f...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » seafood chowder
April 11, 1:48pm

seafood chowder
I was thinking of making seafood chowder by using Idahoan potatoes for the base with some Nido and drying canned shrimp, clams, crab, and possibly some albacore. I really like the Mountain House s...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » seafood chowder
April 10, 5:05pm

Re: RE: trowel
don't forget, you will need poop bags in the Whitney zone. Are you carrying any first aid kit? I didn't see it on your list.

In Gear Lists » JMT gear list
April 10, 2:11pm

Re: nutrition on the pct
take a look at this thread, it may help. Also you may find that the weight with powered/ drinkable products may equal or be close to the weight of regular food. If it were me i don't think my b...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » nutrition on the pct
April 02, 4:36pm

Re: Re: Dehydrating Canned Chicken
I guess I am just lazy, and would prefer not to go thru the time or the process of cooking, shredding and chopping. That is just me!

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Dehydrating Canned Chicken
March 18, 5:03pm

Re: Re: canned chicken
usually the pouches of chicken weighs 7oz and the same amount of dried chicken weight is 2oz.I personally don't believe there is any drop in quality. For me the pouches are harder to pack in a ...

March 18, 4:34pm

Re: canned chicken
To try to vacuum seal now is probably not a good idea. There is to much moisture in it. The first time i dehydrated canned chicken or beef, i rinsed it with hot water and left it in the dehydrator ...

March 14, 3:19pm

Re: Dehydrating Canned Chicken
I have dehydrated a lot of canned chicken and never had any problems.I have sent it in my resupply boxes on the PCT and the JMT. Couple of questions. Did you rinse with warm water? Did you vacu...

March 13, 3:53pm

Re: gaiters
http://www.dirtygirlgaiters.com/

In GEAR » gaiters
February 01, 4:39pm

All Reader Reviews by terry a thompson

terry a thompson has posted no reviews.