BPL Community Profile

Stinson 108 (stinson108) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Stinson 108 hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Stinson 108 has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stinson 108

Showing 1 - 10 of 12 | Page: 1 2

Forum » Thread

Great Basin
I was there last summer with a bunch of my high school students on the way to Yosemite. Awesome place and there are some great hiking trails up to Wheeler peak and also to the Bristlecone pines. Sh...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Great Basin National Park? Or just head to the high desert....
May 15, 10:57am

Ozark Trail Or Buffalo River Trail
Trout are best caught at the big springs resorts where they get stocked. Like Bennett Springs or Roaring River. Furthest thing from wilderness. I would hike the Ozark Trail along the Current River....

In Pre-Trip Planning » Ozarks, with trout fishing maybe
May 05, 12:36pm

Thanks!
Thanks for all the input. I definitely did not mean down and back in one day. So the South Kaibab in and Bright Angel out sounds like what I wanted. Your campground tips and lemonade tips are much ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Grand Canyon down to the river
May 05, 9:01am

Cowboy Trail Nebraska (321 miles)
The Cowboy Trail in Nebraska runs thru some beautiful country in the Sandhills. 321 miles long ought to satisfy anyone. It's a rail trail so you will have bikes and I think horses may be allowe...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Epic trips in states that don't get the glory
May 01, 9:09am

Fish and Owl Canyons Utah
I have a permit to hike Buckskin Gulch in early June. On the way there with my daughter I want to do an overnight in the Kane Gulch area. I've done Grand Gulch to Bullet and out but that's ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Fish and Owl Canyons Utah
April 29, 1:54pm

Grand Canyon down to the river
So one of the things on my bucket list is hiking down to the river at the Grand Canyon N.P. Otherwise it's sort of a 3 hour park. Drive up, stare at the big hole, check out the visitors center ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Grand Canyon down to the river
April 10, 2:21pm

Backpack measuring/ordering
Newbie here...slow internet connection so hard to search. I see a lot of custom or on-line only backpacks here. My REI Mars 80 is pretty heavy! But how do you get everything measured right, i.e. to...

In GEAR » Backpack measuring/ordering
April 09, 12:13pm

Arkansas Hikes
Tim Ernst has a great book on Arkansas Hiking trails. Lots of other options in the Ouchitas, also along the Buffalo River near Ponca. The book is available on Amazon. Has an obvious title, not sure...

In Post-Trip Reports » New Discoveries Along Eagle Rock Loop
April 01, 9:36am

HUh?
I am interested in your pillow case here but what exactly is it for? I read some reviews that sort of make me think it has dual purposes? Can't just be a pillow case can it....that would violat...

In Gear Deals » Monkey Pillow Case 20% discount coupon
April 01, 7:50am

Thanks for the tips!
Thanks for all the great info! One other question......I know the traffic is bad. I was thinking about skipping the whole upper loop of the figure 8. Mammoth Hot Springs is the only tourist type &q...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Day hikes Yellowstone
March 31, 1:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Stinson 108

Stinson 108 has posted no reviews.