Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Stinson 108 (stinson108) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Stinson 108 hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Stinson 108 has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stinson 108

Showing 1 - 10 of 18 | Page: 1 2

Forum » Thread

AT trail in Smoky Mtns N.P. circa 1981
So way way back in the day, when dirt was new and such, I hiked the AT trail in Smoky Mountain NP. Roughly march of 1981. As I remember it we got rained on for pretty much 3 days straight. The shel...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » AT trail in Smoky Mtns N.P. circa 1981
October 14, 1:39pm

Grand Canyon hiking permits?
Making my bucket list trip into the Grand Canyon over spring break this year with about 4 other people. College age former students. I got some excellent advice from this site earlier. Planing on S...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Grand Canyon hiking permits?
October 02, 1:14pm

So do I understand these freezer bags?
I don't dehydrate my own food yet but I'm working on it! I use commercial food, usually Mountain House from Walmart, sometimes other things from REI when I can get in there. I rarely plan f...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » So do I understand these freezer bags?
October 02, 7:59am

military bags
Thanks again for all the tips. I think I've found a feathered friends bag on gear swap...if I can get my pay pal working.As for that post about Korean war bags, I have a down military bag that ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Acceptable down bag weight?
September 29, 7:10pm

Thanks
Thanks for the advice. I especially appreciate the comments on the EN rating system. I had no idea about that at all. I looked at backcountry.com and the western mountaineering bags. They sure get ...

September 26, 9:18am

Acceptable down bag weight?
What is considered a somewhat acceptable weight for a down bag. I'm always cold when I sleep in late fall/early spring so I like a zero rated (or close) bag. I don't go out when it's ac...

September 24, 8:09pm

Great Basin
I was there last summer with a bunch of my high school students on the way to Yosemite. Awesome place and there are some great hiking trails up to Wheeler peak and also to the Bristlecone pines. Sh...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Great Basin National Park? Or just head to the high desert....
May 15, 10:57am

Ozark Trail Or Buffalo River Trail
Trout are best caught at the big springs resorts where they get stocked. Like Bennett Springs or Roaring River. Furthest thing from wilderness. I would hike the Ozark Trail along the Current River....

In Pre-Trip Planning » Ozarks, with trout fishing maybe
May 05, 12:36pm

Thanks!
Thanks for all the input. I definitely did not mean down and back in one day. So the South Kaibab in and Bright Angel out sounds like what I wanted. Your campground tips and lemonade tips are much ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Grand Canyon down to the river
May 05, 9:01am

Cowboy Trail Nebraska (321 miles)
The Cowboy Trail in Nebraska runs thru some beautiful country in the Sandhills. 321 miles long ought to satisfy anyone. It's a rail trail so you will have bikes and I think horses may be allowe...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Epic trips in states that don't get the glory
May 01, 9:09am

All Reader Reviews by Stinson 108

Stinson 108 has posted no reviews.