BPL Community Profile

Nick Larsen (stingray4540) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale South Bay
About Me Nick Larsen has not added a biography yet.
StateCalifornia
My PDF Gear ListGearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Larsen

Showing 1 - 10 of 374 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...38

Forum » Thread

Re: noise
If the pad noise bothers you, how are you not bothered by all the other sounds associated with sleeping outside? Seems like most people are so worried about the noise that they are listening for it...

In GEAR » NeoAir Noise
May 15, 8:17am

Re: Re: Dri ducks
I meant that it wasn't a financial hardship if you do need to replace it, unlike having to shell out another $100 to replace a different rainjacket if you tear it. I haven't had to repla...

In GEAR » Rain jacket pick-a-mix
May 14, 11:01am

Dri ducks
Dri Ducks Ultralite2 Breathable, $22, and 5oz (10oz for both jacket and pants) https://www.froggtoggsraingear.com/DriDucks.shtm Only downside is that they can be a bit fragile. Don't try...

In GEAR » Rain jacket pick-a-mix
May 14, 10:18am

Sawyer mini
Glad to hear you went with the mini. I just got back from my first trip with it, and I have to say that it is the best water system I've used yet. I put it inline with my platypus hoser and it ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Aqua Mira tablets v. bleach
May 11, 8:31am

Shake it...
Shake it? Works for me.

In GEAR » When is a Mini Bic almost empty?
May 10, 9:13pm

Bamboo
Bamboo spoon from a Japanese store, or party store. 4g - 8g and cheap.

In GEAR » Yes, you can break a Lexan spoon
April 21, 9:35am

Re: dirt bag style
I'm not sure what you mean by "baby", Brett, but I don't treat my micro smartwool any different than my other clothing. Although, I only use it for hiking and I only get out a few...

In GEAR » Holy shirt! looking for recommendations
April 21, 9:03am

micro weight moreno
I don't have experience with other brands, so you may do just as well with those, but my micro weight long sleeve Smartwool shirt is my single favorite piece of gear. Most of my backpacking is ...

In GEAR » Holy shirt! looking for recommendations
April 21, 8:09am

++++Sno-Seal
Sno-seal, or any WAX based leather waterproofer. From all the times I've spent in Tahoe to visit the snow, and the 6 winters I was forced to deal with snow in Ohio, I will ONLY use wax based...

In GEAR » Leather Boot re-waterproofing
April 21, 8:00am

Re: Layer question for early Sept JMT -- is fleece enough or do I need to go puffy?
How cold have comfortably taken your current layer system? What about adding a light puffy and keep the fleece as well? For only $50 and only 9oz. the Uniqlo parka might be enough when added to...

In Gear Lists » Layer question for early Sept JMT -- is fleece enough or do I need to go puffy?
April 17, 7:59am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Larsen

Nick Larsen has posted no reviews.