Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

brian stein (steb5067) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale brian stein hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me brian stein has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by brian stein

Showing 1 - 9 of 9 | Page: 1

Forum » Thread

multitool vs knife
I like the ability to do repairs etc with a multitool, but as a knife I find them inferior because of the ergonomics. Although Ive used swiss army knives for a long time the steel is soft and Ive h...

In GEAR » knife/multitool
November 28, 9:01pm

Re: PET
PET in Oztralia, PETE in US I believe. My experience is similar to Rogers: have kept all sorts of potential solvents without any sign of gum, or problems burning in stove after.

In GEAR » Carrying white gas
November 23, 4:08am

data from backpackgeartest.org
I had previously read a review from that site on 2 umbrellas, and spurred by this thread went back to have a look at who liked using them long term. Of the 10 reviewers (presumably folks at least...

In GEAR » Who uses/hates the umbrella?
November 20, 11:04pm

Windscreen: kitescreen?
1. The fireproof fiber of choice these days seems to be Nomex from Dupont. Kevlar is also fireproof. There is a comparison of the different fireproof fibres made by Dupont at http://www2.dupont.c...

In Make Your Own Gear » Windscreen using new Titanium rods
November 20, 7:51pm

Re: preferred units
Bill accessing spreadsheets shouldnt be a problem. Openoffice is available for mac OS X and version 2.0 works fine for me on 10.4.3. Agree with the units: grams is the way to go.

In Gear Lists » BPL Gear List Spreadsheet CONTEST
November 20, 5:34pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ray Jardine
THe problem with BB I think goes beyond 'tone. Reading it I whipped through the 1st part and thought OK this is polemic and he has some non-mainstream ideas on 'connection so lighten up and take fr...

In GEAR » Ray Jardine closes shop
October 26, 4:09pm

pattern for from six moonbivy
six moon provide a pattern for a bivy (lots of mesh though) for those handy with a needle http://www.sixmoondesigns.com/ultralight/myo_Meteor.asp

In Make Your Own Gear » Make Your Own Bivy Sac
October 26, 6:23am

ricohs--recommend
For a small camera fiend not wanting to give up quality and user control I can only second the GR1: I am very happy with mine. Sadly it is only available 2nd hand. Ive used the GR21: also lovely, ...

In Photography » Ultimate mountain camera: Ricoh GR1v
October 26, 6:12am

fantastic resource for LF / UL
For folks into LF and lightweight Kerry Thalman http://www.thalmann.com/largeformat has done a lot of work on the area: he regularly packs out into the field on prolonged trips to do his photograph...

In Photography » Large Format and UL
October 26, 6:08am

All Reader Reviews by brian stein

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Beyond Backpacking by Ray Jardine
A difficult book to give an accurate rating. Why? There are parts of the book (especially the 1st few chapters) that are able to enthuse the reader and provide a rationale for getting out and goin...

In Books and Media
November 08, 6:06pm