BPL Community Profile

Kevin Kelleher (softouch333) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Blue Ridge Mountains
About Me Life long outdoorsman, canoe, kayak fly fishing backpacking and hiking.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Kelleher

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Forum » Thread

Tenkara beginner
Definitely the Iwana. My girls love it. Much lighter in hand. And as Chris says a 3.5 fluorocarbon level line would be fine. However I like starting beginners with a 10-foot furled line--easier to ...

In Fishing » What's your favorite line and fly for Tenkara
December 28, 1:36pm

Hane
The Hane is a stout rod and needs a bit a weight in the line to load in my view. I liked a 15 lb. level line of fluorocarbon. This allows you to lengthen or shorten depending on stream conditions t...

In Fishing » Tenkara Hane Line/Tippet Length
June 13, 5:13am

Ayu
Just back from the Wind River Mountains for a week and took both my 5wt and my Ayu 13, 6:4 Ended up using the Ayu 90% of the time. Insights: 1. Handled anything I could catch in the alpine lak...

In Fishing » Tenkara Rods - UL fishing...
August 05, 3:01pm

backcountry all-rounder
I think Aaron is right. Stay away from the 3 weights at first. A 5 weight (or should I risk it--a 6 weight) is a much better rod for an all rounder. I have a whippy little 7'6" Sage 3wt I ...

In Fishing » Beginning Fly Fishing in the Smokies
March 31, 4:10am

rod tubes
Ryan, I've got 10 packing tubes 24" long 1.5" translucent with screw top. They fit my Five piece Winston LT perfectly. If you would like to have them for distrubution I'd send yo...

In Editor's Roundtable » Backcountry Fishing, Lightweight Style
July 04, 7:38am

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Kelleher

Kevin Kelleher has posted no reviews.