Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ben R (snowfiend131) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Western PA
About Me Ben R has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben R

Showing 1 - 10 of 80 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Forum » Thread

Re: Micro 4/3 or larger sensors, f/2.5
Corbin Can you please share what aperature, shutter speed, and iso you were using for those shots? I assume the full moon or twilight helps with the foreground? Surprising that the extra lig...

In Photography » Ultralight camera for night shots/stars?
August 08, 6:44am

Re: Re: Light Pack for Family Trips? (60L+ and 35 lbs+ capacity)
Thanks for all the comments. From Ike on the HMG Porter: "As far as weaknesses, a wraparound hip belt would do a much better job when carrying heavy loads." Not sure I follow you....

In GEAR » Light Pack for Family Trips? (60L+ and 35 lbs+ capacity)
April 07, 1:34pm

Light Pack for Family Trips? (60L+ and 35 lbs+ capacity)
Need a bigger pack for family trips this year. My ULA Circuit was usable for single night trips last year, carried fine, but very tight on space. Won't cut it for multi-night trips. Need a...

In GEAR » Light Pack for Family Trips? (60L+ and 35 lbs+ capacity)
April 06, 7:57pm

Any Solutions?
Any solutions to this? I am curious because I have a similar issue with my Osprey Poco child carrier. I can get weight transfer, but have to tighten the hip belt uncomfortably so to get it, d...

In GEAR » Frames and hipbelt connections, generally,  and Osprey Hornet
February 08, 9:25am

Targhee Traction
I agree that these boots are comfy. However, I have found them dangerous for rock hopping at stream crossings, due to serious lack of traction on wet rocks. I have found Vasque, Merrell, and Salo...

In GEAR » Keen targhee2 mids - experiences?
November 25, 6:07pm

Hyalite Equipment Refuses to Support POE Warranty Issues
My POE Thermo sleeping pad's insulation began separating from the pad's inside top surface, resulting in obvious cold spots. I emailed Hyalite to see if they would support a warranty claim...

In GEAR » Pacific Outdoor Equipment Website??
October 05, 5:51pm

Conclusion?
Robert, I have the same question as you, did you borrow some neoairs to come to a conclusion? Thanks.

In GEAR » Re: Two NeoAir mats together?
September 17, 4:31pm

Leaning towards Hogback
Thanks for the comments everyone. Very helpful video Franco! The quick conversion to half bug mode may have sold me on the Hogback. I have a Lunar Duo my wife and I have used for years. So I ...

In GEAR » Tarptent Hogback vs Big Agnes Copper Spur UL4
July 07, 10:27am

Tarptent Hogback vs Big Agnes Copper Spur UL4
Help me decide: Tarptent Hogback vs Big Agnes Copper Spur UL4? The tent will be used for two small adults, one kid (now a baby but I'll use this tent for years), and a 60 lb dog. Could add...

In GEAR » Tarptent Hogback vs Big Agnes Copper Spur UL4
July 04, 10:27am

Regular washer/dryer has worked OK for me
I have washed a few bags in my old top loading washer with success, using downwash. However, I actually let the washer fill up with water, then turn it off, and then use it like a bathtub to wash ...

In GEAR » Washing down in top loading high efficiency agitator-less machines?
June 28, 5:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben R

Ben R has posted no reviews.