BPL Community Profile

E. R. (skrapp138) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale E. R. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me E. R. has not added a biography yet.
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by E. R.

Showing 1 - 10 of 37 | Page: 1 2 3 4

Forum » Thread

Nesco 600
I've been using the Nesco 600 for all of my backpacking food for my JMT hike and it works great - I highly recommend it.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » looking for dehydrator recommendation
August 24, 7:36pm

Re: Re: Battery life in cold temps
"Not using (or storing) batteries at 15° F won't hurt, as long as you warm up the batteries before you use them. For example, Energizer AA Alkaline batteries are OK from 0°F to 130°F.&q...

In Philosophy & Technique » Battery life in cold temps
August 09, 9:31am

Battery life in cold temps
I'm about to head out on the JMT in Sept - where I'm expecting nights to drop as low as 15 degrees. I don't have much experience with dealing with batteries and cold temps - but I know ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Battery life in cold temps
August 08, 1:31pm

Re: Tokina 11-16mm 2.8
After trying the Canon and Sigma 10-22 and not being thrilled with either - the Tokina was PERFECT. I seriously love this lens - sharp, great color - pair it with a nice B+W polarizing filter and y...

In Photography » Tokina 11-16mm 2.8
July 27, 11:22pm

Re: Re: Re: ULA Catalyst packing recommendations - Gear List
Mark - Thanks for the advice! On the pack liner - do you think I should do both the liner and cover? My thought is that if I just use a liner and the fabric gets wet I'd be carrying the extra w...

In GEAR » ULA Catalyst packing recommendations
July 25, 10:45pm

Re: ULA Catalyst packing recommendations - Gear List
Be nice :) So, a couple things to note: - I don't buy down, so my sleeping bag and puffy jacket are synthetic. - I'm also going to be hiking in Sept where temps can drop as low as 15 de...

July 25, 8:12pm

ULA Catalyst packing recommendations
I just received my Catalyst for my JMT hike and loaded it up for a test - and I love it........but there are a few issues I'm trying to sort through to make sure it's 100% going to work. ...

July 25, 5:55pm

Re: Re: Womans small torso pack fitting issues - Catalyst fits!
I actually got my Catalyst (size small S-strap and small belt) - and it seems like it should fit perfect! I have to load it up this evening, but so far I love it! I still am a little bummed abou...

In GEAR » Womans small torso pack fitting issues
July 24, 12:37pm

Re: Re: Re: Womans small torso pack fitting issues
"Lastly I will point out that you can perfectly well wear a pack where "the straps are too high", and the downside is not that "the straps are to high", but the loss of sta...

July 21, 7:33pm

Re: Re: Womans small torso pack fitting issues
Thanks for the insight into the fitting - unfortunately, they were definitely adjusted properly - the shoulder straps would hover just above my shoulders on the 2 packs that weren't fitting rig...

July 21, 11:24am

All Reader Reviews by E. R.

E. R. has posted no reviews.