Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Erica R. (skrapp138) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Erica R. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Erica R. has not added a biography yet.
CityDenver
StateColorado

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Erica R.

Showing 1 - 10 of 58 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Forum » Thread

Re: How does one fight for permits/trailhead quotas in Colorado?
I relocated to the Denver area earlier this year and have been doing a ton of hiking and backpacking since I got here. Primarily, for the majority of my life before coming here, the Sierras have be...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Maroon Bells - Why I stay away
November 01, 11:11pm

Re: beginning to run
Last summer, for similar reasons, I started to run with the couch to 5k app as well. I felt drawn to running, thinking that eventually I could move into trail running - or hey! Maybe do a half mar...

In Philosophy & Technique » beginning to run
November 01, 10:47pm

Re: Eagles Nest Wilderness
Thought, I'd reply to this to let you know we ended up doing the Eaglesmere Lakes loop! Thanks so much for that suggestion - perfect balance of miles and scenery for a beginner. The Gore Range ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Suggestion Colorado Rockies 3 day beginner trek?
August 06, 5:17pm

Re: re: Staying warm/dry in Sept on the JMT
Thanks Arn - bummer you got stuck in all of that craziness! Did you get stuck in that snow at Whitney? By mid-Sept nights on the JMT can definitely drop down to 15 degrees, so I'm probably ...

In Gear Lists » Staying warm/dry in Sept on the JMT
August 06, 4:59pm

Staying warm/dry in Sept on the JMT
(Warning...so many questions here! Ha!) I'm leaving on the trail on Aug 30-Sept 16. Based on the current weather reports coming off the trail and questionable El Nino predictions, I'm reall...

In Gear Lists » Staying warm/dry in Sept on the JMT
August 06, 2:06pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: A good start for Rockies info! Maps? - The overpopulated Front Range!
Yes and yes! Thanks a ton Tim! Those maps look awesome. I think I may definitely be looking into volunteering with those guys!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Colorado Backpacking Resources
July 26, 9:34pm

Re: Re: A good start for Rockies info! Maps? - The overpopulated Front Range!
Thanks a million Tim! Yes, I am a high desert lover (the close proximity was part of my reason to move) - so I'm already looking forward for fall (and winter!) and spring! And thanks for the...

July 26, 3:16pm

A good start for Rockies info! Maps?
Thanks for the suggestions on resources and areas to look at! http://www.pmags.com/ is an excellent resource - thanks for passing that along! If anyone else has any resources or some good first tre...

July 24, 11:41am

Colorado Backpacking Resources
Hey all, I recently relocated to Denver and have never spent any time in the Rockies until now. I'm coming from California - where the Sierras and Southern CA were primarily my stomping ground....

July 18, 10:11am

Re: Suggestion Colorado Rockies 3 day beginner trek?
Thanks for the suggestions Paul and Ted! Those both look like great options. I want to limit her to around 6 - 8 miles a day (depending on the elevation gain/loss) so these are realistic for sure. ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Suggestion Colorado Rockies 3 day beginner trek?
June 25, 7:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Erica R.

Erica R. has posted no reviews.