Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bill Segraves (sbill9000) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Bill Segraves hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Bill Segraves has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bill Segraves

Showing 1 - 10 of 312 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...32

Forum » Thread

Re: looking for titanium pot
The Snow Peak Trek 900 worked pretty well and gave me the increased size I needed. I drilled holes for use with a bail handle over twig fires, and it works well on an Esbit stove. Still not sure w...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » looking for titanium pot
August 29, 3:54pm

protein in the belly
Let me be explicit that this proves nothing, but in light of discussion, I found it pretty funny. Walking in the Tetons last week and came upon a trail runner doing a 36-miler. I asked him what...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Looking to add protein to my backpacking diet
August 29, 3:52pm

Re: Re: Looking to add protein to my backpacking diet
"Not sure if anyone mentioned pork cracklings. Something like this: link "These are natural, very light, a bit bulky though, and 100g contains 644 calories, 55g fat and 45g protein.&qu...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Looking to add protein to my backpacking diet
August 28, 11:35am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Looking to add protein to my backpacking diet
Thanks for your reply, Tom, and for directing me to McArdle et al. I'll see what they and their references have to say and will post if I find something that makes it clearer whether recovery/...

August 13, 1:46pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Looking to add protein to my backpacking diet
"You may spare muscle protein during whatever time of day you are exercising, but for all practical purposes recovery from damage incurred by exercise will happen only when there is an extende...

August 12, 5:14pm

Re: Re: Re: Looking to add protein to my backpacking diet
Wrt to concerns about the thermogenic effect of protein, let's try making a few thumbnail calculations and see what kind of an impact we might expect from the differential thermal effect of var...

August 08, 1:06pm

Re: Looking to add protein to my backpacking diet
A few other things you might consider bringing: PB2 powdered peanut butter is a good protein source and has lower fat/protein ratio than regular peanut butter. (Peanut is not one of higher quali...

August 07, 1:17pm

Re: I just gotta ask...
Eric, can you recommend a specific pot or pots for comparison? The ones I'm seeing are heavier, and the really light aluminum things I've seen get crushed or bent too easily. Thanks! ...

August 07, 1:06pm

Toaks vs Snow Peak
Thanks Jim and Jimmer. :) Is the Toaks ultralight (900, e.g.) much thinner than the Snow Peak bowl? I beat the heck out if my Snow Peak (dents, etc, and I've warped lighter pots with uneven...

July 31, 6:16pm

looking for titanium pot
For the last few years, my favorite bowl/pot has been a Snow Peak titanium bowl to which I added a bail handle. When I want to boil a few cups of water or cook a small meal, I can cook with it usin...

July 31, 10:57am

All Reader Reviews by Bill Segraves

Bill Segraves has posted no reviews.