Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bill Segraves (sbill9000) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Bill Segraves hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Bill Segraves has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bill Segraves

Showing 1 - 10 of 260 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...26

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Electrolyte needs and real food
Thanks for the clarifications on the 5%, Tom. I'm still not certain I'm reading this right, so you'll forgive my double-checking on this - you mean 5% or somewhat higher as a *minimum*...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Electrolyte needs and real food
November 25, 6:40pm

Re: Not nutrition savvy
"On the trail it's: who cares what I eat so long as it's mostly carbs in the day and heavy with protein and fats at night--I'm thinking warmth and restoration. "So when I r...

November 25, 6:22pm

Re: Re: Re: Electrolyte needs and real food
"I have yet to see a disinterested, scientific source that does not use a constant of 5% protein as an energy source, without regard to exercise intensity." Tom, I'm not sure I und...

November 24, 6:53pm

""Here is a discussion that sounds pretty reasonable to me" "Excellent article, Bob! It looks like their findings correlate with Hammer's on protein/carb ingestion during...

November 24, 5:16pm

Many interesting ideas flying around. :) A few thoughts that came to mind overnight. If you want to optimize for no protein catabolism, you need moderately high protein and high calories, with ...

November 23, 2:06pm

Re: Re: Electrolyte needs and real food
"'Anecdotally, I am comfortable with backpacking diets that provide ~ 40% of 3000 cal/day intake from fat, even while relying on 1/2 pound/day of fat-burning (and presumably some small amo...

November 23, 1:07pm

"Richard Nisley has commented on it at some length and provided a table showing approximate ratios of fat and carb burn at different MET levels. I also read the relevant chapters from a colleg...

November 22, 6:10pm

Thanks for references to previous threads, Greg. One I remember pretty well, but the other I had missed. IMO, the evidence is not at all clear how much carbohydrate or protein is required in ord...

November 22, 3:51pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Electrolyte needs and real food
Tom, did I read correctly that you're not adding any significant extra potassium, just sea salt, calcium and magnesium? Not too surprising, since you're probably getting plenty of potassiu...

November 22, 11:07am

Re: Re: "Electrolyte needs and real food"
"It might be informative to analyze your food to see what percentage is carb, fat, and protein. It would be a good starting point for getting a handle on the issue." This point is impo...

November 22, 6:54am

All Reader Reviews by Bill Segraves

Bill Segraves has posted no reviews.