BPL Community Profile

Robert Perkins (rp3957) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale The Sierras
About Me I usually plan 2- 3 weekend trips in the Sierras a year and try to do one 'long' hike a year. I really like the Central part of the Sierras.
CitySparks
StateNevada
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Robert Perkins

Showing 1 - 10 of 484 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...49

Forum » Thread

Aqua Mira Recanting Numbers - about 5 drop with the USP droppers
I had one of those duh-oh moments last night after re measuring my AM kit! You add 7 drops of each AM, part A 'AND' part B, so the ratio is 14 drops total from the original AM bottles to 11...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Aqua Mira Recanting Numbers - about 5 drop with the USP droppers
June 10, 6:53am

Aqua Mira Recanting Numbers - about 5 drop with the USP droppers
When I did tests on drop comparisons between the US Plastic mini-droppers and the stock AM bottles it came out to be the same as the BPL article recommendations of 7 drops AM dropper = 11 drops fro...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Aqua Mira Recanting Numbers - about 5 drop with the USP droppers
June 09, 10:21pm

A couple from Yosemite two weeks ago
Thanks for posting Marshall! Not much snow left on the mountains!

In Photo Gallery » A couple from Yosemite two weeks ago
May 27, 7:11am

Has anyone modified a rolltop closure on a Pack?
Looks great Ken! No, I bought it straight from SMD. It really only saw a couple seasons of use, with the longest stretch being a JMT trip,before it's large volume and my shrinking gear became a...

In GEAR » Has anyone modified a rolltop closure on a Pack?
May 25, 10:04am

Has anyone modified a rolltop closure on a Pack
I'll look forward to seeing the finished product! Have fun and best of luck on it. Have you taken it out much? They really are a comfortable pack and simple design. I actually preferred the ext...

May 23, 8:28am

Has anyone modified a rolltop closure on a Pack?
I have the same issue with my Circuit. I picked one up from my neighbor for free and really like the way it fits, but I just think my gear volume is too low for what I need for this pack and I keep...

May 23, 7:37am

Hobby Lobby Chaff
You're right Justin, thanks! No more from me on this! Thanks Ian and Paul for a valiant effort to steer it back on topic ! It did get me researching what the heck folks use para cord for. S...

In Chaff » Hobby Lobby has good selection of 550 cord
May 22, 11:46am

Hobby Lobby Chaff
"Maybe there are deeper reasons why it bothers you so much?" Justin, please stop trying to physcoanylizie me. It bothers me because people feel the 'need' to get on a soapbox a...

May 22, 11:12am

Hobby Lobby
I don't think anyone is going to sway anyone on their opinions on their stance towards Hobby Lobby, or similar companies, nor do I think this is the appropriate thread or forum to do so. My ori...

May 22, 9:34am

Chaff
My bad, I thought it had been moved to chaff. Dave, you keep re-affirming what I am trying to say. How do you know what I believe in or espouse? You assume that because my personal beliefs don&#...

May 21, 6:01pm

All Reader Reviews by Robert Perkins

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zimmerbuilt Half-Dome, modified
I have owned many packs with some features I liked and dis-liked on each one, so I decided to give the custom order pack method a shot. After a less than pleasant experience with Kooka bay, I went int...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 24, 9:53pm

Osprey Talon 44
I picked up this pack with my REI dividend and have been taking it for a lot of 'test-runs' in the hills and have come to really love it's fit. I have switched between trying out a SMD Swi...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
April 24, 11:23pm

Six Moons Designs 2011 Swift
I have had a chance to do a quick test run of my new Swift pack with pocket hipbelt, and no stays. I am really impressed with how this pack rides! I loaded it up with about 20 pounds and took it for a...

In Backpacks - Frameless
February 09, 8:15pm

KookaBay air mattress
Edit - If I could, I would do two seperate ratings here. The pad would rate a 4, but customer sevice and response time would be a 1. I'll give it an average of 2.5. I got the pad and overall it...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 05, 1:12pm

MSR Mountain Safety Research HyperFlow microfilter
At first I just loved this filter, it had all of the qualities of a good filter; fast pumping, compact, and light. I used it in the Sierra's, in clear water, following the backflushing instruction...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
October 26, 10:32pm