Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Rowenhorst (row435) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Mid Atlantic
About Me David Rowenhorst has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Rowenhorst

Showing 1 - 10 of 45 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Forum » Thread

Re: Nope.
"I'll disagree here David. A side sleeper simply needs a wider quilt. Ask anyone to sleep with their ar$e hanging out into the cold, and they won't be comfortable." Not much of...

In GEAR » Tips for a cold sleeper who feels cold well above his quilt rating...
August 28, 1:24pm

Re: Tips for a cold sleeper who feels cold well above his quilt rating...
Here's what I have found with my GoLite Ultra 20, which I find warm to about 30 at best. The biggest problem is that I am a stubborn side sleeper, and I prefer to have my knees bent (yes, like...

In GEAR » Tips for a cold sleeper who feels cold well above his quilt rating...
August 27, 11:24am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: USPS will remain in business
Dictatorships have their privileges.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Government shutdown - effects on thru-hikers?
April 07, 1:32pm

Re: Best mug for morning coffee?
It may be a bit gimmicky, but I have been using the sea to summit collapsible x-mug. 2.2oz for 16oz of volume, takes up no room, don't have to worry about denting, crushing. But no handle. ...

In GEAR » Best mug for morning coffee?
April 04, 8:27pm

Re: TALL people shelters
6' 4" Tarptent squall which is ok, but borderline. I notice that it feels much shorter with two people in it because I can't shoot across the diagonal. Also a MLD grace solo tarp...

In GEAR » TALL people shelters
March 27, 3:35pm

Re: "new-skin liquid bandage question"
Two thoughts - One New Skin should not be used on open wounds per their instructions. Speaking from experience, I have used New Skin on open blisters and it burns really bad. I can only imagine...

In GEAR » new-skin liquid bandage question
July 04, 5:54pm

Re: NB MT100
I also really like these shoes. I was very happy about how they handled wet rocks durning stream crossings, but they suck in the mud and slush. Other than that they are great.

In GEAR » NB MT100
April 05, 8:23pm

Re: Montbell Super Spiral
Glad to see that they bumped up the length of the long to 6'6''. That's worth a small amount of weight IMO (probably because I am6'4'')

In GEAR » Montbell Super Spiral
March 12, 9:29pm

Re: are there many cottage industry custom clothing/gear makers...the real deal?
Not necessarily UL but custom and made in the US: http://beyondclothing.com/

In GEAR » support the cottage industry clothing/gear...the real deal!
March 12, 6:39pm

Re: Re: "Seam Sealing a Tarptent"
water + flour = paste

In GEAR » Seam Sealing a Tarptent
March 11, 4:57pm

All Reader Reviews by David Rowenhorst

David Rowenhorst has posted no reviews.