Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Rick Adams (rickadams100) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rick Adams hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Rick Adams has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rick Adams

Showing 1 - 10 of 323 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...33

Forum » Thread

don't hink too hard
You're time and energy will be better spent making sure your crew is boy led and using the Philmont way NOW. I went through the same gyrations for our 2015 trek that you are now. Find the ...

In Philmont » Philmont Cooking Technique
March 19, 4:06pm

what franco said
the rainbow is a single wall tent with a fair amount of mesh on the sides. The "liner" makes it a psuedo double wall and works well. I know DW is popular right now but SW works just fine.

In GEAR » TarpTent Questions on single vs double wall
March 19, 3:54pm

Re: Re: Re: No worries with sewn through construction?
I consider mf smart weight. I often use small single wall tents and am a restless sleeper. In contact with walls too often. Also my current sleep system involves a cut down neo inside of bag. Elimi...

In GEAR » WM Caribou - What's the practical temperature range?
March 10, 11:32am

Re: Re: XL inner
Only set up a couple times, no pictures. Pole is vertical in the supermid unless you kick out the bottom a little. Innernet takes back half, palace for 1, friendly for 2, not gonna try 3. Imagine a...

In GEAR » MLD Duo XL Innernet in a Supermid?
March 09, 4:45pm

XL inner
I have a supermid with the xl inner. Its very handy with a dog or in bad or buggy weather. I like massive covered porch on trips that are less weight sensitive.

In GEAR » MLD Duo XL Innernet in a Supermid?
March 09, 11:13am

Re: Re: Obnoxious MLD prices...
You get what you pay for. The sewing quality for MLD products is far above the competition. I have found only perfect sewing and easy pitching. That difference would take time and attention to deta...

In GEAR » Obnoxious MLD prices...
March 09, 11:09am

Re: No worries with sewn through construction?
this is a 40+ bag. Used it this weekend when we were expecting 45F, actual was in the high 20s. I was cold enough not to sleep even with thick socks, hiking pants and an R3. After burying myself in...

In GEAR » WM Caribou - What's the practical temperature range?
March 09, 11:02am

Re: Re: Ray Jardine's packs
I've made and used one. I have rudimentary sewing skills, it took a loooong time to make and frameless isn't for me, though I didn't know it then. One could make the thing with some har...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ray Jardine examines Cuben Fiber
March 03, 9:46am

Re: Pack sizing
After years and thousands of $$ invested to remedy the same problem: Make sure the torso length is too tall Make sure the hip belt wraps the hips well with no gaps at all Keep the weight a...

In GEAR » Pack that doesn't lead to shoulder pain
March 02, 5:34pm

Re: Re: Dry Mouth?
Sounds like a case of mouth breathing. Are you congested? If not, might just be a conditioning issue or simply hiking too fast.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Dry Mouth?
February 22, 8:07am

All Reader Reviews by Rick Adams

Rick Adams has posted no reviews.