Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Rick Adams (rickadams100) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rick Adams hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Rick Adams has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rick Adams

Showing 1 - 10 of 307 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...31

Forum » Thread

college
one of the reasons that state budgets don't provide for higher learning the way they used to is because the people working at state colleges have benefit and retirement packages far superior to...

In Chaff » Are You in That 1%??
January 20, 2:36pm

food storage
Mormons believe in having at least 6 months food storage in case of natural disasters among other things. Freeze dried keeps well. Mostly about being prepared and self reliant. Pretty sound advice ...

In GEAR » ACCIDENTALLY PREPPED FOR THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE
January 16, 7:01pm

Re: frameless packs
Peter, a properly fitted framed pack with the right hip belt will take as much weight off of your shoulders as you wish. I'm built like a stick figure and have tried many packs before I bought ...

In GEAR » What Dan McHale has to say about UL backpacks
January 07, 10:12am

scouts
If he is moving to a good boy scout troop they will teach the patrol method....so no solo tent. I'd be looking at a rei half dome 2 for 2 boys to share.

In GEAR » Small 1-person tent for my little cub scout
December 29, 7:17pm

no problem
I have used my double rainbow as well as other well ventilated 3 season tents in similar Tahoe area conditions and been comfy. The rainbow can be pitched low if conditions aren't great and the ...

In GEAR » Rainbow in the winter
December 24, 2:39pm

Re: Re: Re: Contributing to the Economy - Or Not
The finance industry does do some good, like provide mortgages, car loans and vehicles to provide retirement income. However, one must remember that mostly they are concerned with profit for themse...

In Chaff » The Value of Honest Work - Or Not
December 22, 5:24pm

Re: Exped SynCell 5 - anyone tried it?
I bought a mw syncelmat and am happy with it. It seems more idiot proof in terms of getting a "just right" inflation level. Just fill and go. I hope they introduce a UL version as this de...

In GEAR » Exped SynCell 5 - anyone tried it?
December 19, 9:28am

book
Dances with Marmots is a really good read about a pct thru.

In GEAR » Recommendations for a JMT or thru-hike book...
December 08, 8:01am

thanks
Thanks Franco, I'd much prefer to buy from Henry, I get straight seams and he gets a little profit.

In GEAR » Tarptent Protrail
December 04, 4:11pm

contrail?
Franco.....no fair confusing the dense like that. Are you saying there is no new tent called the Protrail being offered in the future and the pictures above are of a modified Contrail? Please advise.

In GEAR » Tarptent Protrail
December 04, 3:19pm

All Reader Reviews by Rick Adams

Rick Adams has posted no reviews.