Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 10 of 1665 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...167

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Columbia jacket
Michael, My tests show an average of .73 versus an average of .50 for eVent.

In GEAR » New products announced at European outdoor show
July 29, 8:08pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Columbia jacket
Woubier, On my test equipment the most breathable eVent measured .84 CFM, the average was ~.50 CFM, and the worst was .35 CFM. All of the MP PU garments tested ~.17 CFM. I personally put more...

July 29, 7:13pm

Re: Re: Re: Columbia jacket
Greg, You asked most of the open questions. One that is missing is what is the moisture transport / air permeability? The WPB layer is microporous (MP) polyurethane (PU); on other jackets I ...

July 29, 2:13pm

Re: Power Banks / batteries
Richie, For a north of 10,000 mAh measured output capacity, the Anker 2nd Gen Astro E5 tested better (output capacity mAh / oz) than 5 other batteries that I measured in this capacity category. ...

In GEAR » Power Banks / batteries
July 16, 11:47am

Re: BPL Exclusive! Aluminized Cuben On sale now!
Your site says, "7/5 Update: Back in town and catching up on orders. Things are humming along. I'm excited to build some Cuben shelters!!" Will you build a tarp using Aluminized Cu...

In Gear Deals » BPL Exclusive! Aluminized Cuben On sale now!
July 08, 8:16pm

Re: Which is warmer?
Christoph, Merino Wool clo/oz .084 Polartec Power Stretch .143 Polartec Alpha clo/oz (avg) .325 So: "What weight of polartec alpha do I need to outperform Merino?" = 59% of Meri...

In GEAR » Which is warmer?
June 26, 12:47pm

DP VS75 Construction Detail
DP VS75 Construction Detail Unlike an Emergency Space Blanket, this material has a substantial scrim layer which allows it to be easily sewn and it is dramatically more tear resistant. It is co...

In GEAR » Aluminized Cuben vs DP VS75 and Others
June 23, 8:59am

Aluminized Cuben vs DP VS75 and Others
Executive Summary Nathan Meyerson of Cascade Craftworks asked me to analyze a new reflective fabric (DP VS75) he was considering offering as an option to aluminized Cuben V3. I had previously ...

In GEAR » Aluminized Cuben vs DP VS75 and Others
June 22, 11:59pm

Solar Cell Wire Gauge
Ryan, What are your current design's volts, amps, and total wiring distance? See http://www.freesunpower.com/wire_calc.php

In Make Your Own Gear » Experiments in ultralight solar
May 18, 3:52pm

Re: The Tullies-Puncture resistance for Alpacka
I have been using Alpacka Packrafts since 2004. I subject them to much abuse. I had a 1" slit puncture going through the Young's Creek canyon in the Bob. I put a piece of Tenacious Tape ...

In Packrafting » The Tullies-Puncture resistance for Alpacka
May 13, 1:16am

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm