Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 10 of 1579 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...158

Forum » Thread

Re: Ocean Packrafting?
Craig, Both packrafts and kayaks are displacement hulls and their maximum EFFICIENT paddling speed (kts) is determined by the same exponential regression formula: The packrafts design...

In Packrafting » Ocean Packrafting?
November 13, 11:40am

Are you expecting it to rain?"... brain not rain is the reason to normally wear a puffy under a shell
Bruce, You said, "Just wondering why put the puffy under the hardshell for winter camping. Are you expecting it to rain?"... brain not rain is the reason. Every type of down jacket...

In GEAR » Which arcteryx hardshell?
November 06, 11:10am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Marmot Lithium 0 sale
Brooks Range is the same company that advertised their Mojave jacket as having 9 oz of fill for about a year. They have since changed that spec to 6 oz of fill. See http://www.backpackinglight.com/...

In Gear Deals » Marmot Lithium 0 sale
October 25, 10:57pm

Old News-Insulation increases from wearing your windshirt over your puffy
Woubier, This topic should be old news. What should be "new news" is that I plan to use insulation thermal imaging to provide this same information in an easier to understand visual...

In GEAR » Help with Puffy design
October 25, 9:44am

Re: Re: Terminology
Woubeir, I compared both sewn-through and non sewn-through with various geometries.

October 24, 6:41pm

Re: Down jackets
All posters, to this point, have provided good information to Jimmy. I just want to expand on what they said relative to baffle types and patterns. Testing jackets, with a similar amount of down...

October 24, 1:15am

Re: I'll take it
John, Your PM was the first received; I will calculate shipping and then send you a PM with the shipping cost and my PayPal email address.

In Gear Swap » FS 2010 Alpacka Yukon Yak and 4-piece Manta Ray Paddle
October 07, 6:16pm

Re: FS 2010 Alpacka Yukon Yak and 4-piece Manta Ray Paddle
I received a message asking if the spray deck was included. Yes, as is shown in the photo: the spray deck; Packtach System (pack hold down and quick release); and stern grab loop are included. Also...

October 07, 5:57pm

FS 2010 Alpacka Yukon Yak and 4-piece Manta Ray Paddle
SOLD-$700 for for both, in like-new condition. Buyer pays for shipping.

October 07, 2:51pm

Re: Down bag in SE Alaska?
http://bucktrack.com/Alaska_Survival_Journal.html Camping in a SE AK rain forest for 70 days, with a non-DWR down sleeping bag, from 6/30/14 - 9/8/14 - absolutely no problems using down insulati...

In GEAR » Down bag in SE Alaska?
October 05, 1:12pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm