November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Colin Parkinson (parkinson1157) - BPL Guest

My Locale Ontario Canada
About Me Colin Parkinson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Colin Parkinson

Showing 1 - 10 of 38 | Page: 1 2 3 4

Forum » Thread

Golite 20f quilt modification
A got Golite quilt very nice quilt but the neck snap kept popping open. So I did a small modification replace the snap with a button loop system. The loop is made of elastic cord to allow some str...

In Make Your Own Gear » Golite 20f quilt modification
February 18, 3:16pm

Perfect pillow
Take the inflatable exped pillow. Put a buff over it. Add soft stuff (mittens hat etc) inside the buff as needed. Sleep soundly

In GEAR » My never ending search for the right pillow
January 28, 7:44pm

Re: cloud
I did not put wet things in with my clothes but because of the wet cook kit the inside of my pack got wet. So when i pulled out my thermal shirt it got wet. This would not happen if the damp thing...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Cloud Packing Weakness
October 21, 5:18pm

Cloud Packing Weakness
Cloud Packing as defined by Mike Clelland is to stuff everything in to your pack in a pack liner with minimal stuff sacks. Works very well in warm dry weather. However beware, in cold wet weath...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Cloud Packing Weakness
October 21, 7:58am

Thread cone holder
A soda straw on the bobbin post on top of the sewing machine does a great job. Just my nickel.

In Make Your Own Gear » Sewing Machine Thread Cone Holder
July 06, 12:13pm

Rain Pants
I use rain pants when it is cool/cold and raining. I rather be warm and wet than cold and wet.

In GEAR » to rain pant or not?
April 25, 7:38pm

pack shelter
I always wanted a small shelter a 6' long tarp attached to the pack so as to: 1) close off one end of the tarp for weather protection 2) use as a sort of foot bivy covering the end of the s...

In Make Your Own Gear » my senior thesis design project
April 09, 8:00pm

My half pyramid
Jerry it is your design, with some small modifications i.e. no cat cut as I could not sew the curve. I use silnylon tie outs(1" long) with round 4" elastic extensions to help keep the...

In Make Your Own Gear » Half Pyramid
April 08, 1:19pm

My Half Pyramid
Just finished it and set it up for seam sealing. I must say an impressive shelter, the room and height is amazing.

In Make Your Own Gear » Half Pyramid
April 08, 12:19pm

Nike Air Pegs
The most important words in your post "they are the most comfortable to me" use them in good faith, they will last.

In GEAR » Nike Air Pegasus+ 28 Trail - Any experience?
March 26, 7:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Colin Parkinson

Colin Parkinson has posted no reviews.