BPL Community Profile

Colin Parkinson (parkinson1157) - BPL Guest

My Locale Ontario Canada
About Me Colin Parkinson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Colin Parkinson

Showing 1 - 10 of 38 | Page: 1 2 3 4

Forum » Thread

Golite 20f quilt modification
A got Golite quilt very nice quilt but the neck snap kept popping open. So I did a small modification replace the snap with a button loop system. The loop is made of elastic cord to allow some str...

In Make Your Own Gear » Golite 20f quilt modification
February 18, 3:16pm

Perfect pillow
Take the inflatable exped pillow. Put a buff over it. Add soft stuff (mittens hat etc) inside the buff as needed. Sleep soundly

In GEAR » My never ending search for the right pillow
January 28, 7:44pm

Re: cloud
I did not put wet things in with my clothes but because of the wet cook kit the inside of my pack got wet. So when i pulled out my thermal shirt it got wet. This would not happen if the damp thing...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Cloud Packing Weakness
October 21, 5:18pm

Cloud Packing Weakness
Cloud Packing as defined by Mike Clelland is to stuff everything in to your pack in a pack liner with minimal stuff sacks. Works very well in warm dry weather. However beware, in cold wet weath...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Cloud Packing Weakness
October 21, 7:58am

Thread cone holder
A soda straw on the bobbin post on top of the sewing machine does a great job. Just my nickel.

In Make Your Own Gear » Sewing Machine Thread Cone Holder
July 06, 12:13pm

Rain Pants
I use rain pants when it is cool/cold and raining. I rather be warm and wet than cold and wet.

In GEAR » to rain pant or not?
April 25, 7:38pm

pack shelter
I always wanted a small shelter a 6' long tarp attached to the pack so as to: 1) close off one end of the tarp for weather protection 2) use as a sort of foot bivy covering the end of the s...

In Make Your Own Gear » my senior thesis design project
April 09, 8:00pm

My half pyramid
Jerry it is your design, with some small modifications i.e. no cat cut as I could not sew the curve. I use silnylon tie outs(1" long) with round 4" elastic extensions to help keep the...

In Make Your Own Gear » Half Pyramid
April 08, 1:19pm

My Half Pyramid
Just finished it and set it up for seam sealing. I must say an impressive shelter, the room and height is amazing.

In Make Your Own Gear » Half Pyramid
April 08, 12:19pm

Nike Air Pegs
The most important words in your post "they are the most comfortable to me" use them in good faith, they will last.

In GEAR » Nike Air Pegasus+ 28 Trail - Any experience?
March 26, 7:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Colin Parkinson

Colin Parkinson has posted no reviews.