Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Eric Osburn (osb40000) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Eric Osburn hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Eric Osburn has not added a biography yet.
CitySandy
StateUT
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Eric Osburn

Showing 1 - 10 of 112 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: verizon v att
As long as you turn airplane mode on it should be similar between carriers is what I'm reading. If you try to turn off the sim, etc it is drastically different between carriers. http://adve...

In GEAR » New iPhone?
September 11, 10:11am

A few off the top of my head
ULA Western Mountaineering Osprey Thermarest MSR Tarptent Sawyer Filters Hilleberg Lawson Equipment's cordage and stakes

In GEAR » What manufacturers do you trust?
September 11, 10:09am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lock the sim...????
I'm on AT&T btw, I have heard that Verizon based phones actually do better when it comes to battery life in the backcountry, and I'm sure that with Verizon I'd have 10X the signal w...

In GEAR » New iPhone?
September 10, 10:47pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lock the sim...????
Background app refresh is turned off for all but a few apps. Push notifications are turned off for outlook. I'm on it making calls, texting, looking stuff up, surfing the web, etc but it's ...

In GEAR » New iPhone?
September 10, 8:26pm

Re: Re: Lock the sim...????
Unfortunately airplane mode turns off the GPS as well. I have a 5S from work and while it's very nice, I really wish the battery life were much better. At work I blow through most of the batter...

In GEAR » New iPhone?
September 10, 7:56pm

Re: Deja vu
My glutes aren't as strong as my quads and my hamstrings are really tight and weak. I'm sure that I have muscle imbalances that are at least part of my problem. I've never been flexible...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hip pain after squatting and long, steep descents.
September 08, 10:15pm

Great Advice
Alan, great advice. I don't think there is anything wrong with overpacking for the inexperienced. Bring the comfort blanket and pack your fears. Figure out what works for you and what doesn'...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I picked the wrong hobby.
September 08, 9:53pm

Realistic expectations
X2 Spelt "Rightly or wrongly, you're not going to get a whole lot of sympathy here. Many BPLers have the disposable income to make trips happen regardless, others structure their lives aro...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I picked the wrong hobby.
September 08, 12:21pm

Altitude
Most inexperienced people don't understand what a drastic difference elevation can make upon temperatures and weather. I've had to tell several friends to bring warmer clothes than they wer...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What ARE "summer nighttime temps" where you backpack?
September 06, 3:24pm

Utah
Most of my opportunities are here in Utah since I've got two little ones. Most of my summer trips are spend in the Uintas since I'm not a fan of the heat. Summer time night temps can range ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What ARE "summer nighttime temps" where you backpack?
September 04, 6:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Eric Osburn

Eric Osburn has posted no reviews.