Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Moreno (nerrek2000) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale North East Ohio
About Me I'm an ARMY Veteran of 13.5 years. I spent the years mostly in combat oriented jobs, mainly Infantry, which gave me a chance to see the world. That was my introduction to backpacking of a sort. Through my Military career, I backpacked more than 10,000 miles. Now I go simply because I love it. I also mountain bike, rock climb, kayak, and do nature photography. I wouldn't call my self an ultra-lighter per say, but my base weight is just below 12 lbs.
CityAlliance
StateOhio
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Moreno

Showing 1 - 10 of 117 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Forum » Thread

Re: J-tree graphitti and other problems
I've seen this problem in Cuyahoga Valley NP here in Ohio. Trash everywhere, damage to the sculpted sandstone cliffs from illegal climbing, and illegal carving of symbols / graffiti on the c...

In On the Web » J-tree graphitti
April 25, 8:01pm

Re: "FLYWEIGHT KNIVES---Damn Fine Titanium Knives!"
I received my 3" Ultralight Titanium Trout Knife yesterday. It came with 2 different sheaths, one larger and one smaller. Total weight with smaller sheath: 0.208 ounces (5.89 grams). ...

In Gear Deals » FLYWEIGHT KNIVES---Damn Fine Titanium Knives!
March 31, 1:31pm

Re: Order Completion
I got my 2nd pot support yesterday. Same great quality as 1st one I ordered. My flash died, but you can see the slight bend I made in it to fit my stove nested into inside of cut down mug. Th...

In Gear Swap » Zia titanium pot supports for sale
March 21, 2:29pm

Re: "FLYWEIGHT KNIVES---Damn Fine Titanium Knives!"
I also need an other knife like I need an other hole in my head. Having said that, the smallest one he makes w/ sheath only weighs 0.25 oz compared to my 0.50 ounce lock back knife I take on tri...

In Gear Deals » FLYWEIGHT KNIVES---Damn Fine Titanium Knives!
March 19, 2:11pm

Multiple Image Test
3 images in one frame. Test complete.

In User Test Forum » Multiple Image Test
March 15, 1:32pm

a third photo
equipment cont.

In Make Your Own Gear » Measurement markings on MLD 475 ml mug.
March 12, 2:22pm

Other photo
equipment

March 12, 2:20pm

Measurement markings on MLD 475 ml mug.
I've seen various methods posted on BPL for marking measurements on pots and mugs. I didn't have all the equipment that some used, so I modified my approach a little. I thought I'd shar...

March 12, 2:17pm

Re: Bend in pot support.
Yes, I slightly bent the three horizontal sections to make it fit into the mug. It allowed me to put it in upside down while fully assembled which gave a little extra space for a larger fuel bottle...

March 12, 1:41pm

Re: Zia titanium pot supports for sale
My pot stand arrived today. It's exactly what I was looking for. It weighs 5 grams and just fits fully assembled into my MLD 475 ml mug along with all of my other cooking gear. The c...

March 12, 11:05am

All Reader Reviews by David Moreno

Showing 1 - 10 of 19 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

WalMart
There's so much ranting I could do here that I'd sound like a lunatic. Once when I was in dire straights financially, I worked briefly in a Walmart Photo Center. Never again. Slightly ch...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
May 26, 5:22pm

Mountain Gear
As noted in posts above, MG charges shipping on all sale items no matter how much the order total comes to. Normally not a problem, as they state it openly on their website. I've ordered pro...

May 26, 5:08pm

Backcountrygear.com
As someone noted above, backcountrygear has a little store in Eugene, OR. The problem is (we're just a small local store) is what I was given for a horrible customer service experience. My 3...

May 26, 4:39pm

Western Mountaineering The Company
2 years ago I purchased a Western Mountaineering Apache bag with the overfill option. I've been nothing short of extremely happy with the bag. The purchase options with the overfill left a l...

May 26, 4:15pm

Bareboxer.com Golf City Products Barebox
My bareboxer works just fine. I agree that the locking mechanism is a bit of an overkill, but it's small enough to fit into my Deuter Speedlite 30 backpack and easily holds 3 days of food for m...

May 26, 4:02pm

Feathered Friends Customer Service
For security reasons, I use a separate banking account for all of my mail order, phone order and online purchases, purposely having no overdraft protection on the account and only putting money in the...

May 26, 3:49pm

Mountain Safety Research (MSR)
MSR is owned by Cascade Designs. So, in part this review will be on them as well. I purchased a Whisperlight International about a decade ago. About 2 years ago, the threads that mount the bottom p...

May 26, 2:05pm

Sierra Trading Post (STP) web shopping and service
I figured out a while back that prices out west are usually higher than here in Ohio so the fact that I don't feel the discounts at STP are as deep as others do is a little moot. Some of the time,...

May 26, 1:06pm

TarpTent
I've heard a lot of people in my home town say that I'm insane for spending total $250 on a solo tent (Contrail with poles, etc...). My response is, "You get what you pay for!" ...

May 26, 12:50pm

Altrec.com
Altrec did have a discount program for writing reviews. I think it was 20% off non sale items. I used it a few times. Wrote a review and within 24 hours there would be a discount applied at checkou...

May 26, 12:31pm