BPL Community Profile

mark o'keefe (montana666666) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Montana
About Me Backpacking for 35 years. Former Glacier Park Bear Ranger/Naturalist. Founder Glacier Wilderness Guides (Glacier Backpacking Concession). Board member Glacier Nat. Park Foundation.
U of Mt. Environmental Studies guest professor. Formet Mt. State Auditor, Legislator, 8 year member Mt. State Land Board.
CityHelena
StateMT
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by mark o'keefe

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Looking for suggestions - stoves for one pot 6 people
My bad ... forgot the 4 in front of "quart" in my original post!

In GEAR » Looking for suggestions - stoves for one pot 6 people
February 16, 8:59pm

Looking for suggestions - stoves for one pot 6 people
I often hike in larger groups and enjoy cooking gourmet style one pot meals for the group. For years I used a Coleman Peak 1 as my large group stove, then the GAZ single burner became my stove of c...

In GEAR » Looking for suggestions - stoves for one pot 6 people
January 19, 10:57am

Well done reviewers...
... but too late to save me the cost of a unit and activation. I'm delighted with the quality of your research and reporting on the SPOT. I too have had experience with the unit, most recent...

In Editor's Roundtable » SPOT Satellite Personal Tracker - Full Review
May 28, 1:19pm

Pie pans for me
Non returnable from a local pie shop. Been carrying them for 20 years. Less than 17 grams each. I cook pancakes in them as well. 1 3/4 inch sides work fine. Broad base. Double as both a pot lid and...

In GEAR » GSI Outdoors Cascadian Bowl SPOTLITE REVIEW
May 26, 7:30pm

West Coast advice
Just did the trip (N to S) in July. I know this reply is post Labor day but just returned from a 2 week trip in Alaska so I missed the post. WCT is one tough trail. Heading N to S the first 50 K...

In Post-Trip Reports » Tips for the West Coast Trail?
September 14, 12:49pm

All Reader Reviews by mark o'keefe

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Granite Gear Nimbus Ozone
Had my over 2 years now. Over 750 miles on my back and nothing but kudos to the granite gear folks. Have carried it in the desert, Glacier, the Long trail, the PCT and the CDT. Works well with loads u...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
September 25, 5:02pm